+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 1 - 10/15 *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 15 Episode 1 - 10/15 *SPOILERS*

The voting is tiresome. "I vote for _____ because I think they will be able to continue at home and succeed. Yuh, read 'I don't like you as much as the other guy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The voting is tiresome. "I vote for _____ because I think they will be able to continue at home and succeed. Yuh, read 'I don't like you as much as the other guy.'
    You forgot "I respect this person so much" and "This person is like a brother/sister/father/mother to me"--lol.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. These people seem like a genuinely good, hard-working group. I liked how Ruben gave Jillian some flak--usually the first episode is all about how much she scares everybody.

And I'm always happy to have Dolvett back in my living room.
    Shoepie and mandmmom2 like this.

FORT Newbie

I do have to ask....

What exactly is taco meat?

Do I want to know?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I like this show. Sure the weight loss strategies may not be the best and sure the gameplay may also not benefit people's lives, but whatever.

I remember Arthur, that 500 pounder. He was voted out early despite his trainer begging their team to let him stay. He left because of strategic and alliance reasons.

But nothing pisses me off more than public voting.

Remember Daris? And Koli?

And how Daris beat Koli in America's vote to take the last spot in the finale?

And if Koli would have beaten Daris, Koli would have won???

ROBBED

DARIS FINISHED THIRD

BULL!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Urban Dictionary: taco meat

Taco meat, according to the urban slang dictionary:
    nappy, black, balled up hairs, which resemble crumbled ground beef. Can be in the "kitchen" or on any part of the body.

And if you are wondering the "kitchen" is the nape of the neck, lower back of the head. Same source. Thank you, google!

But I'm with Reuben (Ruben?) --- the idea of men shaving their body hair is bizarre to me--a teenage boy doesn't have chest hair --a grown MAN does. It's a sign of sexual maturity and adulthood. And back and shoulder hair comes with the territory for some. She may get it off him for the makeover, but I"m betting he won't want to be bothered keeping it up after the show is over.

FORT Fogey

I am in favor of manscaping!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Urban Dictionary: taco meat

Taco meat, according to the urban slang dictionary:
    nappy, black, balled up hairs, which resemble crumbled ground beef. Can be in the "kitchen" or on any part of the body.

And if you are wondering the "kitchen" is the nape of the neck, lower back of the head. Same source. Thank you, google!

But I'm with Reuben (Ruben?) --- the idea of men shaving their body hair is bizarre to me--a teenage boy doesn't have chest hair --a grown MAN does. It's a sign of sexual maturity and adulthood. And back and shoulder hair comes with the territory for some. She may get it off him for the makeover, but I"m betting he won't want to be bothered keeping it up after the show is over.
    Oh, my. Nasty.

I'm okay with chest hair, but the back and shoulders is a bit ick. No sympathy for hirsute fellas from me...we women are expected to shave and wax ourselves bald below the neck (hell, below the nose), so I expect them to put up with a little extra grooming as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ok Rant time......they do not come on this show to have their looks made over, but to lose weight. Jillian is wrong for telling that to Ruben.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Ok Rant time......they do not come on this show to have their looks made over, but to lose weight. Jillian is wrong for telling that to Ruben.
    Sure they do, there's a highly anticipated makeover week that by all accounts, the contestants love. They're losing around 100 lbs apiece, so of course their looks are drastically altered anyway. Maybe Ruben is a little more unimpressed by the makeover aspect - after all, he's been through that kind of thing already - but no contestant ever seems reluctant to participate in the primping that goes along with the weight loss. I kind of feel like they deserve it for putting in the work they do.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I know when I typed that it would not come across right. Just because a person has back/stomach hair should not be a reason for Jillian to make comments. That is what I was trying to say. It was the way she said it that hit me wrong.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast