Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Biggest Loser 15

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Biggest Loser 15

The cast is up on the site:

The Biggest Loser | NBC

Re: Biggest Loser 15

Thanks Johnny.

Lots of the usual hard-luck stories, but I will root for Ruben, and Holley, who seems interesting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Biggest Loser is pretty much the only show where I don't hate sob stories. Because it's pretty much what it's about. So it's fair. They're not using ploys like they do on talent shows. So I hate them less.

Good luck to them all.

I still long for a Tongan winner. Koli was robbed.
    mindy384 likes this.

This is the show that pretty much makes me cry, every single week. I remember the lady whose husband and two children were killed in a car crash, which sent her into a spiral of unhealthy behaviour. I was sobbing just hearing her tell her story. How could anyone recover from that? Her courage was amazing.

Mr. S rolls his eyes every time he walks through the room, but I love this show
    Shoepie, GabbyG, mindy384 and 1 others like this.

I was planning to cut this show from my viewing list but since they producers wisely put it back into a 1 hour format I am actually looking forward to watching it. I already have someone I will boo and that is Reuben from American Idol. I know it is a ratings ploy for him to be on the show. I just don't like it when here is someone who already won a big reality tv show, had a career, already lost all the weight and gained it all back, is in the middle of a divorce and sagging career is using the show to possible help sell records as he is releasing a new album when there are other people who have not had all those opportunities and need the help just as badly. You know maybe it is a good thing that Reuben is on this season as I haven't had a chance to eagerly rip into someone on a TV show for a long time. That might make this season doubly fun.
    captain, Shoepie, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This season the trainers helped pick the contestants.

'Biggest Loser' trainers Bob, Jillian and Dolvett dive into
    casting process - TODAY.com

'Biggest Loser' trainers Bob, Jillian and Dolvett dive into casting process

Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM ET

Every season "The Biggest Loser" boasts twists that keep the contestants on their toes. But for season 15, the first twist is a big change for the show's trio of trainers.

For the first time ever, Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels and Dolvett Quince won't just work with the contestants they'll help pick them.

TODAY has an exclusive first look at part of the casting process.

"Why do you need us to give you permission to change?" "What makes you more deserving that anyone else?" "How do you know you're ready for it?" Those are just some of the tough questions the trainers asked potential contestants. The answers they got in return could just be what decided who made it, and who went home before the competition even began.

"I spent the first 40 years in fear, and I want to spend the next ones a different way," one hopeful said.

Another said she thought the opportunity would be a "reality check" for her. Then there was one unusual answer.

"The reason I want to be here is I don't want to be just an Olympian, I want to be a medalist." That response came from a familiar face in the crowd: Holley Mangold, who competed in the super-heavyweight division in the 2012 Olympics. "I think the one thing that has been limiting me is my weight," she said.

After that, Quince realized there was still one would-be contestant who hadn't said a thing.

"You haven't talked to me once," he told the seemingly shy woman.

Her reason? "I have a crush on you!"

That came as no surprise to Michaels ("I told you!") or to any Quince fan, really.

See which contestants made the cut, and much more of Quince (and Harper and Michaels) when "The Biggest Loser" season premiere airs Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. on NBC.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

EVERY year I vow to follow along with them and exercise, watch what I eat etc. (no not exercise to THAT extent) and every year I fall off the wagon by week 2.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was planning to cut this show from my viewing list but since they producers wisely put it back into a 1 hour format I am actually looking forward to watching it. I already have someone I will boo and that is Reuben from American Idol. I know it is a ratings ploy for him to be on the show. I just don't like it when here is someone who already won a big reality tv show, had a career, already lost all the weight and gained it all back, is in the middle of a divorce and sagging career is using the show to possible help sell records as he is releasing a new album when there are other people who have not had all those opportunities and need the help just as badly. You know maybe it is a good thing that Reuben is on this season as I haven't had a chance to eagerly rip into someone on a TV show for a long time. That might make this season doubly fun.
    Ha ha ha ha!

FORT Fogey

It looks like there are enough women at a weight low enough to achieve their goal and look good/hot in the finale.

There are some men who will be in a corset and hide behind a suit coat though!

I had not realized that they changed to a 1 hour format. Excellent! I hope they show less of the workouts. No viewer gains anything from watching that insanity.

I would like to see them divide the them into 2 groups and each on a different eating plan. Paleo/Primal Blueprint and Calorie counting. They will never do this because Biggest Loser is now a brand for meals and products. Too bad, it would make it more interesting.

The fact that they approve Subway as healthy food drives me nuts. Their "whole grain" breads are anthing but. You can squish them into a ball as easily as Wonder bread. Interesting to note that there are no strict regulations for companies marking their bread whole grain. They can say 100% whole grain without it being true. That is something you would want to teach them but Subway is their biggest sponsor so their hands are tied. Bob was approached about this in an interview and he deflected, never answering the question.

Is it too much to hope that with the new 1 hour format we will see a better show? I love the competitions, bring them on. Especially the ones that temp them with goodies in exchange for something valued. Make the prizes much bigger so it will be harder to obstain.

I hate the damn sob stories. You ate your way to where you are so buck up and do it. I appreciate the contestants who muscle forward without complaint. If the woman who lost her family in a car accident can do this, so can you!
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    mindy384 likes this.

Agreed--after the woman who lost her whole family, none of the sob stories do much for me.

I'm happy for the one-hour format but hope it's not 80% workouts. They're not realistic for home use for the most part, and it's just boring to watch all the screaming and sweating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast