+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 14--Episode 12--3/18/13 2 hour season finale!

Re: Season 14--Episode 12--3/18/13 2 hour season finale!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Jillian is still batting 1000, she wins again...ok Danni wins, but with Jillian as her trainer. I thought kind of odd there was one from each trainer in the finals, kind of missed that fact. I just could not get into this season.
    I had thought that Danni was Jillian's competitor. That makes it all the more sweet I think: Jillian was down to just Danni for most of the season, tried a much different technique in training (tough, but not the yelling banshee she tends to be seen as) and it worked very well here.

It was a good teaching lesson for Jillian too - sometimes harshness doesn't work the best. Tough love yes - and I saw that too a lot in the training, but not the sharp attitude she can possess.
    RoundTopRetreat likes this.

I missed the first hour so can only comment on the finalists. Jackson looked fantastic and had such a great attitude. It was interesting to see Jeff--he looked great (as all the screams from the audience attested), but he seemed awkward onstage. He may be an example of someone who is still "the fat guy" in his head--understandable, given how quickly they lose the weight for the show. I hope he's able to keep the weight off. My guess is that Bob senses the same and will keep in touch with him.

I was rooting for Danni so am glad she won. She obviously put a lot of time into strength-training. Not really into her styling, though...I'd like to see her with normal hair and skin!

Overall, this season was a real breath of fresh air compared to last go-round.

FORT Fogey

And even down to one early on Jillian wins again! Welcome back and stay here this time. I am glad she saw that she doesn't have to yell to get results.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks for explaining about Courtney--can't say I recall her, but then between this show, BB and Survivor things tend to blur!

I agree about Danni's hair --- I like it much better the way she normally wears it. But otherwise she looks terrrific. Forgot to mention Nikki in the audience...they didn't show her standing, but from her face and top she looked as though she'd lost a substantial amount.
    I wouldn't say the kids need to lose another 40--after all, some at least are still growing up and that will help, but maybe another 20.
    If Gina had been in the F3 she would have come in third, but all three of them would have been within ONE percentage point of each other... all 46.something. She definitely made the right choice to go for the 100K.

I really don't have anything different to say about the finale. Danni looked...wow! Unless she can specifically lose weight in her legs, she would have looked too thin if lost 50%. You can tell she does a lot of strength training. My hubby mentioned that she is the first person ever on this show to lose weight and not look flabby, especially in the arms.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There was that "little" woman a few years ago, forget her name, but they bring her back sometimes to encourage people... dark hair with bangs, young--she was obsessed with not having flabby arms and really worked them out--and they looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I really don't have anything different to say about the finale. Danni looked...wow! Unless she can specifically lose weight in her legs, she would have looked too thin if lost 50%. You can tell she does a lot of strength training. My hubby mentioned that she is the first person ever on this show to lose weight and not look flabby, especially in the arms.
    Beg to differ, most of the men who have lost enough and did enough strength training all have great arms. Yes, with the women it is a bit different depending on age, how big they were, where the fat was and how much they trained their arms. Marci, Helen, all the younger female winners, Ali Vincent, Michelle, Olivia and her sister, Deni to name a few all had great arms.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ali Vincent,that's who it was, really worried about her arms, I remember.

FORT Fogey

Danni was on Wendy the other day. She has no hanging skin anywhere, she said. She is young; it is that simple. Had she been much heavier at that age it could have been different. There is no amount of strength training for the arms that will get rid of hanging skin, if they have some, for women. Those with olive skin or just a deeper tone will fair better. Testerone in men prevents that from happening for most. We have seen a few bingo arms from men though.

She said she is eating a gluten free, low carb diet and feels fabulous. She has thick legs but they would snap a steel band!

Ali Vincent ended up with fabulous arms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345