+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 8 - 02/18/13

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 14 - episode 8 - 02/18/13

Well, they are usually home for several months before the finale...sometimes 6 months, sometimes I think even more, or less, but definitely not usually just one or two, so presumably that was a comment made near the time they were planning to go home. That could mean that Jeff was still on the show near the time they leave to go home... if so they must have planned to train together before she left. So they could be competing for the at home prize, or she could be competing for that and he for TBL prize, depending, but either way they could encourage each other and prevent backsliding in the food department.

I also thought there was something very odd about that challenge...the timing made zero sense, but why on earth did they say anything about there being 2 minutes left, when it was so obvious that they couldn't make it in two minutes? If they hadn't said that, or had cut that comment with editing we wouldn't all be crying foul.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, they are usually home for several months before the finale...sometimes 6 months, sometimes I think even more, or less, but definitely not usually just one or two, so presumably that was a comment made near the time they were planning to go home. That could mean that Jeff was still on the show near the time they leave to go home... if so they must have planned to train together before she left. So they could be competing for the at home prize, or she could be competing for that and he for TBL prize, depending, but either way they could encourage each other and prevent backsliding in the food department.

I also thought there was something very odd about that challenge...the timing made zero sense, but why on earth did they say anything about there being 2 minutes left, when it was so obvious that they couldn't make it in two minutes? If they hadn't said that, or had cut that comment with editing we wouldn't all be crying foul.
    It was the comment written in yellow on the very last scene of the Where Are They Now clip, the very last scene of the episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, but we don't know when she made the comment. Or what it was based on. Maybe something they decided before either of them left the ranch.

I called fake on Gina's "injury"...the only one the was actually hurt was Danni, when she dug the shovel into her ankle, but she kept going and did not complain. As for Gina if the comment about hating lawyers upset her that much she is in the wrong profession. I have heard lawyers called much worse. IMO she is like a small child when called out for doing something out comes the "not me" ghost. Nothing is ever her fault. But stayed tuned I am sure she will have a break through and all will be well in Ginaland.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    The whole clock countdown was ridiculous. No way did they make it in time. The last "minute," in particular, should have taken about 5 minutes. I wonder if they stopped the clock when Gina fell, just so they could have the drama of the win. (Not that it helped in the end!)
    The on-screen clock was shenanigans. If you looked at the big red digital clock as they were planting the flag (before it turned off) it looked like it was reading 26 minutes and something. So it sounds like they lied about the time that they were telling us in order to make it more dramatic.

Me too. He looked fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, luved seeing Nate, eliminated week 2, at the photo shot. He is down 90lbs.

I know everyone here seems to be very down on Gina, but I hope you all will condsider one very important fact. Gina is 47 years old. She is at the age where females begin to have a period of hormonal inbalance and roller coaster emotions. Add to that the stress of the situation, the change in diet and the excercise regimen and it's pretty predictable that she would over react at times.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I know everyone here seems to be very down on Gina, but I hope you all will condsider one very important fact. Gina is 47 years old. She is at the age where females begin to have a period of hormonal inbalance and roller coaster emotions. Add to that the stress of the situation, the change in diet and the excercise regimen and it's pretty predictable that she would over react at times.
    Please, do not excuse her behavior by claiming hormone imbalance.
    NCLurker and captain like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

As a 47-year-old dieting female myself, I literally feel what Gina's going through. (And you want stress? Right now I have one kid home with the flu and another home with...shudder...lice.) There are days when I long to jump in the car and just leave. But I still can't excuse her behavior. The world isn't going to give you 10 years to act like a jerk because of hormones.

Personally, with the way I'm feeling at this point in my life, I would never have agreed to do this show. I have enough issues dealing with normal stress; I'm not taking on anything optional. If Gina truly is overwhelmed because of hormones, she can bow out the same way a contestant would because of any other health issue. Just MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    As a 47-year-old dieting female myself, I literally feel what Gina's going through. (And you want stress? Right now I have one kid home with the flu and another home with...shudder...lice.) There are days when I long to jump in the car and just leave. But I still can't excuse her behavior. The world isn't going to give you 10 years to act like a jerk because of hormones.

Personally, with the way I'm feeling at this point in my life, I would never have agreed to do this show. I have enough issues dealing with normal stress; I'm not taking on anything optional. If Gina truly is overwhelmed because of hormones, she can bow out the same way a contestant would because of any other health issue. Just MHO.
    Oh girl! I feel you about lice!! My then 9 yr old had it last year and it was the worst three weeks of my life! Literally! She has extremely bad cradle cap and dandruff so it was hard to tell the difference between the eggs and the dandruff/cradle cap. And she has light brown hair. I'll never forget the moment I saw them! It took me weeks to get rid of them all. I now buy a very expensive shampoo/conditioner that is supposed to help prevent lice for my 6 yr old. My 10 yr old can't use it b/c she is now on prescription shampoo:-(.

Bak to Gina....she may be feeling all those things but suck it up!!! That's what most women do...we suck it up. We do what we have to do and more to get the "job" done. No excuses...that is what her problem has always been...excuses. Time to stop with excuses and just suck it up and do what it takes to get it done, to overcome the fear, to move pass the past....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast