+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Season 14 - Episode 5 - 01/28/13

Re: Season 14 - Episode 5 - 01/28/13

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    mandmmom2--Looking at those numbers... don't know how tall these people are (didn't do my usual spread sheet this season as I missed so much in the beginning), but it doesn't look as though it will be easy for any of them to get down to 50% of their starting weight, the usual goal to win.
    I think the one who will have the best chance at that is football guy (always forget his name). Ex-athletes always do the best, which I imagine is why Danni is doing so well. They are also always the most competitive, which is helpful in this setting.

Kudos to mom-of-4 (forgotten her name too) for doing so well at home. She looks great.

Regarding the food list - and I admit I was distracted while watching so might have missed some stuff - I can see them not buying any bread products. It just impedes the rapid weight loss. Personally, I don't care for actual bread and eat it rarely, but I do love Weight Watchers bagels (the correct size for a bagel, not the ginormous bakery ones) and flat buns - I would miss those. I didn't see if anyone bought any quinoa or brown rice, two items I use regularly instead of a bread product. I hate milk so I would leave it off my list, too. Most lettuce has no nutritional value and is a waste - I occasionally buy romaine but usually, I only buy spinach (my family goes through one of the big plastic tubs of organic spinach every 10 days or so). I did notice they bought way more meat than I usually do.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

I deal with a 25 lb weight swing so I am not in the position to even comment on those who battle so much more. But I do know that all I have to do is restrict calories. I fractured my arm over xmas and have been totally sedintary since Dec 28th. By cutting my calories I lost 6 pounds. Not much but I have done nothing aside from growing my hair. So much pain to move, even to reach the remote or text. Walking hurt. Every move effected my arm. I have not worn a bra in over a month. They are not one handed contraptions. Luckily I don't really need one! It is all about calorie reduction and easy on the carbs and salt.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I agree about the athletes...they do seem to always do better. Who knows, maybe even because part of their weight is residual muscle, not solid flab like most of the contestants.
    I have to say I don't see the kids losing much so far.... I know they don't want them to be doing 10 lbs./week type losses, but they basically look about the same to me, just in more motion and having more fun.

I lost about 10 lbs. when I had the mini flu (had had a shot which was probably why it was mini)... did nothing but sleep for the first 23/24 hours and then the next two days was sleeping 12 hours or more. No appetite, which is very unusual for me! Of course now I'm better and it's pretty much all back.

I'm really annoyed that they didn't publish the entire shopping list. I often wonder about the point of this show--are they really trying to educate people, or is it just meant as pure entertainment? When ABC runs the Chris Powell show, I learn something from every episode.

This show is shown for pure entertainment. I do not see them in the next seasons using the same voting system, there is no drama.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    This show is shown for pure entertainment. I do not see them in the next seasons using the same voting system, there is no drama.
    I think there is enough drama without the voting and am glad that there is much less this season. Or they are simply not showing it considering the negative response this show got from Anaconda and Jeremy.
    captain likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So glad there is no Anaconda this season. This is a much more kumbayah group than any other I've seen so far.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    So glad there is no Anaconda this season. This is a much more kumbayah group than any other I've seen so far.
    I wouldn't call this group the Kumbauyah Group that was the season with all the parents self sacrificing for their kids. This is more the Grumpy, Miserable But No Mean Intentions Group.
    NCLurker, captain and Shoepie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123