+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Season 14 - Episode 5 - 01/28/13

Re: Season 14 - Episode 5 - 01/28/13

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    I don't have many of the names straight this season, so I don't know who it was on the blue team that projectile-vomited, but it sure looked like he was trying to spray as many teammates as he could! Geez, man - aim for the floor!!
    That was Mike. The camera really lingered on this....I had to turn away before I got sick myself!

I like watching this show using On Demand, it makes it so much easier to watch then when I was fast forwarding all the time. I even listened to the chef part and liked the loaded southwest sweet potato. That was a lot of food for 300 calories. Luv'ed that Danni pulled through the weight in and really didn't need the 2 lbs. Liking the new softer Jillian. I am thinking Bob's crew should always be this miserable because for them it works. Like other posters I am starting to dislike Jeff, he seems to be very unsympathetic to others and really have an attitude that if he was thinner he would be even more arrogant and cocky and really what does he have to be arrogant and cocky about?
    mandmmom2 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forgot to mention I like the new elimination booth versus the old weeping table. Seems like there is less strategy involved, well more like they are not giving the contestants time to strategize or beg for their lives. Much less whining this way.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I found it odd that in the medical screening, no one discovered that David had previous knee surgery from an injury he got on a treadmill. Equally odd that he did not disclose this to Bob as he felt his knee hurting during the workouts.

Certainly they must have asked about surgeries but didn't go so far as to ask how they happened?

I like the new voting, too. Going straight into the boothes eliminates the dramatic talk. I wish they would just count the votes and skip the tears but it is still much better.
    NCLurker and alizarules like this.

I found that odd too. But David seems to not let his emotions show and seems to be someone who doesn't want to let others down or burden others (oh..BTW...this is so me....and I have to agree that if he doesn't deal with it he'll gain the weight back which is what I did).

I'm seeing a Life Health Coach and even though I haven't lost any weight I'm starting to express myself and ask for help. It's still not easy but I'm improving little by little.
    mesachick likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

David is older, injured and still lost a large amount. That says diet is the main component, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    David is older, injured and still lost a large amount. That says diet is the main component, to me.
    ITA. I'm on WW now, and exercise seems to have little effect on my losses each week. However, it's totally essential to my mental health and to keeping toned, so I still aim to do it regularly. It's just annoying that BL devotes 99% of the airtime to exercise and so little to diet.

In fact, we never got to see exactly what the contestants bought in the supermarket game. We were told to go to the website to see what was in their shopping carts. Give me a break!

Speaking of the shopping game, did anyone hear someone talk about raspberries on their "budget" list? I had to LOL at that--or are raspberries cheap in California? No one seemed to be taking the most obvious strategy, which was buying in season and/or on sale.
    alizarules and Shoepie like this.

I was a little suspicious of their "15 minute shopping trip". If I had to count calories, look at nutritional information, decide how much I needed, shop for 5 people for 3 meals each for 7 days, AND stay in a certain budget I seriously doubt I could get through 2 aisles in 15 minutes. I'm not sure I was buying that 15 minute shopping limit.

Also, I understand people are in a time crunch, but even those most pressed for time are probably not going to the supermarket to get a week's worth of healthy meals in 15 minutes. I don't know why the show devotes such little time to the food aspect, but we watch endless hours of 'gym time'. Give them a decent amount of time in the supermarket and show us what they are buying and how much it costs. Also, as delicious as that sweet potato looked (even though I hate them!), I thought $16 (even with the toppings) sounded pretty expensive for 6 potatoes. Maybe it's because I'm cheap and I coupon and I won't even spend that on "real" meat (chicken, steak, pork, etc), so it seemed really pricey to me. I think if I served my husband a loaded potato for dinner he would think it was a side dish and ask where the rest of the meal was!

ETA: I also went on the BL site and looked at their lists. The red team didn't even buy any milk. The trainers are always encouraging them to drink milk, but they didn't buy any. Also Dani specifically said she found a yogurt that was less calories (or something like that), but yogurt isn't on her list as something she bought. No one bought bread or wraps or any kind of grain or granola. Dani didn't even buy lettuce. Something is not adding up. The blue team had $350 for the week for groceries for a "family" of 5. I really don't know many people that spend $1400/month for their groceries- that's nuts.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 01-30-2013 at 09:47 AM.

It's funny, I did not care for it at first, but now I love it! Much more matter of fact and no sob stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Forgot to mention I like the new elimination booth versus the old weeping table. Seems like there is less strategy involved, well more like they are not giving the contestants time to strategize or beg for their lives. Much less whining this way.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

mandmmom2--Looking at those numbers... don't know how tall these people are (didn't do my usual spread sheet this season as I missed so much in the beginning), but it doesn't look as though it will be easy for any of them to get down to 50% of their starting weight, the usual goal to win.
    Last edited by PWS; 01-30-2013 at 03:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast