+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1/21/13 Biggest Loser 14 Episode 4 Spoilers

Re: 1/21/13 Biggest Loser 14 Episode 4 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, I missed part of the first episode... is that adorable kid's name Bingo or Biingo with 2 i's? Or BLingo? It keeps coming up on my captioning as with 2 i's...but I thought that was some kind of weird type...but then watching him with the ballplayer, I swear the shirt he got said Biingo on the back! But here everyone calls him Bingo, one i. So what's going on? Thanks!

I also thought rowing was a great idea...good exercise and one where her weight is actually a bit of an advantage...a better sport for her than tennis. Baserunning for Bingo--good idea--he actually seems pretty good as a pitcher. Hope he doesn't take on Babe Ruth as a role model!
    Brown rice is not very "Indian" but maybe will help her some. You don't see a lot of overweight vegetarians in this country, but then that's because they are usually very health conscious people, not people just eating their own ethnic-American cuisine. Certainly you can see it in other countries.
    Beg to differ, I had a couple of co-workers who were veggies but chunky. The one girl was in my step class and I mentioned to the instructor one day that the person in question was a vegetarian and must be in good health. The instructor replied you can be a vegetarian and still eat a lot of crap food. Made me think. When my co-worker made a conscious effort to eat healthier she dropped the extra weight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

One thing about Pam, even though she has now lost 55lbs when I watched her "where is she now" clip she still looked the same. Since she carries all her weight in her mid section what we viewers really needed was a before and after side shot.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

1/21/13 Biggest Loser 14 Episode 4 Spoilers

Vegetarians often eat way too much carbs. My younger daughter is again trying to go vegetarian and I am constantly reminding her that means she has to eat more vegetables, not more rice and pasta. I was chatting with our houseguest when the segment with Sunny's mom was on, and I didn't quite catch if the family was vegetarian or if it was just Sunny. If it's the whole family, it's clear just looking at the size of her mom that vegetarianism isn't necessarily a healthy choice.

I was sorry to see Pam go. She was growing on me. It's frustrating to see the hard workers go. Also, kudos to Danni for her 5k time. It's pretty good considering this is only week 4 - obviously, Jillian had those ladies doing a lot of running. I would like the race done again in a couple of months, to see how much the times improve. Danni and football guy (can't recall his name) might be able to do a sub-30 by then. Something I keep hoping for myself!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    One thing about Pam, even though she has now lost 55lbs when I watched her "where is she now" clip she still looked the same. Since she carries all her weight in her mid section what we viewers really needed was a before and after side shot.
    Yes, Pam's weight problem goes beyond cosmetic--women who carry weight like she does have much higher health risks than those with big butts and thighs. I wish the show would focus on that more...I guess Dr. H. does a little when he does his workups, but that's just one episode.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Vegetarians often eat way too much carbs. My younger daughter is again trying to go vegetarian and I am constantly reminding her that means she has to eat more vegetables, not more rice and pasta. I was chatting with our houseguest when the segment with Sunny's mom was on, and I didn't quite catch if the family was vegetarian or if it was just Sunny. If it's the whole family, it's clear just looking at the size of her mom that vegetarianism isn't necessarily a healthy choice.
    So true. A vegetarian diet can so quickly turn into a carb fest, especially with teens. The entire family are vegetarians and always have been. They mentioned the staple of their diet was rice. The nutritionist told them to eat brown rice instead of white. Yuh, that will happen. Not.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Her family appears to be South Asian in background---while they don't eat Uncle Ben's instant rice, they do eat specific kinds of white rice traditionally.

ITA Bearcata. I recently became a pesca - vegetarian. I still eat shellfish, being I live in New England, that's going to be a toughie!

Anywho, I have read on numerous sites to load up on veggies and fruits and don't consistently go for the rice/pasta or the french fries!

Now, vegans! God bless you all, I have never met anyone of you who is overweight!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Beg to differ, I had a couple of co-workers who were veggies but chunky. The one girl was in my step class and I mentioned to the instructor one day that the person in question was a vegetarian and must be in good health. The instructor replied you can be a vegetarian and still eat a lot of crap food. Made me think. When my co-worker made a conscious effort to eat healthier she dropped the extra weight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123