+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

  1. #1
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    1/14/13 Show Discussion

    Welcome back Loser fans! Let' s see what happens tonight and if another white team member bites the dust.

    Keep all talk in here tonight. The show is 2 hours!

    I will be on and off tonight. Not sure how much I' 'll be updating as I am multitasking during the show.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey CupidGuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,443

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    Thank you for creating the thread, mandmmom2!

  3. #3
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    first challenge is a quiz. the losing team has to stay in a room for 4-1/2 hrs a day all week.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  4. #4
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    the quiz is about kids and obesity. the room is filled with junk and the losing team can't work out.

    red team won. tie between white and blue team. white team won the tie breaker which means the blue team lost.
    Last edited by mandmmom2; 01-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  5. #5
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    Bob is going to flip!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  6. #6
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    Bob didn't flip
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,858

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    You know, I really wish they wouldn't have competitions that ended in a team being punished, especially by denying them training time. I'm fine with giving advantages or rewards to teams that do well, as that is offering a sort of praise for them doing a good job. But none of the competitors need to be stuck in a punishment room for four hours a day at this point.

    It does not, however, surprise me that they fell asleep in that room. Realistically, they're probably worn out from the sudden increase in their activity level. It's also not the worst thing they could do. At least if they're asleep, they're not eating anything they shouldn't.

    Also, were they warned there would be quiz? Did they have access to the information in order to study? If they didn't, it's really kind of unfair to punish them. I bet there are a lot of perfectly fit people who wouldn't do well on that quiz without any forewarning either.

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey zookeepertx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE TX
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    ITA with you! Positive reinforcements are just as, if not more important as negatives!

    BTW - I would have flunked the quiz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You know, I really wish they wouldn't have competitions that ended in a team being punished, especially by denying them training time. I'm fine with giving advantages or rewards to teams that do well, as that is offering a sort of praise for them doing a good job. But none of the competitors need to be stuck in a punishment room for four hours a day at this point.

    It does not, however, surprise me that they fell asleep in that room. Realistically, they're probably worn out from the sudden increase in their activity level. It's also not the worst thing they could do. At least if they're asleep, they're not eating anything they shouldn't.

    Also, were they warned there would be quiz? Did they have access to the information in order to study? If they didn't, it's really kind of unfair to punish them. I bet there are a lot of perfectly fit people who wouldn't do well on that quiz without any forewarning either.

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,858

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    ITA with you! Positive reinforcements are just as, if not more important as negatives!

    BTW - I would have flunked the quiz!
    It does seem to fit with the general notion that screaming at contestants is the best way to get them motivated, though. Maybe it's just what I've been dealing with lately, but it doesn't seem like punishing people is the best way to get decent results.

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,858

    Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    the quiz is about kids and obesity. the room is filled with junk and the losing team can't work out.

    red team won. tie between white and blue team. white team won the tie breaker which means the blue team lost.
    I wonder if the white team was that relieved because they were afraid of what Jillian would do if she found out they'd lost.
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.