+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

1/14/13 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    It seems logical that if there's a famine, (or a well-balanced diet at the Biggest Loser ranch), fat will be burned first... since the body "needs" muscle. Fat is stored energy: it's purpose is for surviving famines. Also, the "metabolism" of the blue team was fine... even though they just sat around in the junk room.
    A famine is not equivalent to a well-balanced diet. How physically fit do you think the people in, say, Darfur are?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

I think every episode of this show will be two hours long. I've done searches and haven't found any information about this show being less than two hours long.

Really? I guess I will continue to DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think every episode of this show will be two hours long. I've done searches and haven't found any information about this show being less than two hours long.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Really? I guess I will continue to DVR.
    I just did another search. According to wikipedia, in the past the show has occasionally been shown in a one-hour format to accomodate the "Voice," or the State of the Union... but, there wasn't anything in wikipedia about any of this season's episodes only being one hour long. All of the google results that I got were all about people wanting the show to be one hour long... but there wasn't anything about the show actually being only one hour long.

I have always DVR'd this show to skip through both the commercials and the constant recaps of what just happened 30 seconds ago. It's amazing how short they must think our attention span is!

I don't mind Jillian. Yes, she's OTT but she also shows a caring side and she generally gets results. The girl who quit seemed to cave really, really early in the process. Her mind wasn't there, she didn't seem ready to make the change and move away from her comfort zone. I honestly don't think any pseudo-counselling from Bob or Dolvett's million dollar smile would have changed that.
    mesachick likes this.

ITA about the girl who quit...Nicki? However, it's too bad that someone else who was ready could've had that spot.
    Too bad they don't have understudies! Looking forward to the next epi and seeing how the children are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I have always DVR'd this show to skip through both the commercials and the constant recaps of what just happened 30 seconds ago. It's amazing how short they must think our attention span is!

I don't mind Jillian. Yes, she's OTT but she also shows a caring side and she generally gets results. The girl who quit seemed to cave really, really early in the process. Her mind wasn't there, she didn't seem ready to make the change and move away from her comfort zone. I honestly don't think any pseudo-counselling from Bob or Dolvett's million dollar smile would have changed that.

I agree that Nicki wasn't ready...to the point where I don't know how she made it through all the initial auditions and screenings. I suspect that because she was very pretty, they were hoping she'd be a real standout once she lost the weight. There always seems to be one or two especially pretty women in the group.

Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I agree that Nicki wasn't ready...to the point where I don't know how she made it through all the initial auditions and screenings. I suspect that because she was very pretty, they were hoping she'd be a real standout once she lost the weight. There always seems to be one or two especially pretty women in the group.

This hearkens back to an earlier discussion as to why Americans have gained weight, but I just had to share: I took the kids to TGI Friday's tonight, thinking that they had a salad bar (as it happens, it's Ruby Tuesday's that does--mixed up my weekday names...). They did not, but they had some items marked as "Right Portion" so I checked to see what that meant. Imagine my shock when the fine print said 750 calories or less.

No wonder we're getting fatter when a restaurant's small entrees are heading toward a thousand calories!
    sweetpea, mesachick and mandmmom2 like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Was watching the rerun tonight...since I missed a lot of it... Re the blue team in the room...one woman said she wakes up all ready to exercise, but by the time they are let out of the room she is sleepy and slow...but they showed them being let out in the dark and having to work out in the evening... Maybe that was a 2nd workout of the day?

I agree, the point of fat is famine... However, very few Americans deal with famine any more, so...
    Also agree that sleep helps. Have a cousin in law, very overweight, who had sleep apnea, got one of those breathing machines, and lost 30 lbs. without even trying, and had so much more energy. Of course he's still very overweight, but it definitely helped him to get a good night's sleep for a change. While everyone's sleep "set point" is different I think many of us don't sleep what we would if we didn't have TV to keep us up at night and work/kids to wake up up in the morning. Since I've retired I've discovered that my "norm" is 9 hours...way more than I ever got except on weekends when I was working. So either I'm working off a huge sleep debt or I've been shortchanging myself for years... and using food to keep going during the day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456