+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/14/13 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Personally I am thrilled 3 people are leaving next week maybe they will go back to a 1 hour format with this many people gone. One can only hope.
    I watched the physical gum challenge, the last chance workout with Bob, and the weigh-in. So you can make this show a one hour show, or even a half hour show on your own. Also, even if there were only two or three contestants left, the show would still be two hours long. Kind Cate has been sent home, but of course mean Jillian is still there.

Amen!

2 hours is so longggg!

Personally I am thrilled 3 people are leaving next week maybe they will go back to a 1 hour format with this many people gone. One can only hope.

Two hours is too long. And I agree with everyone about the red team not loosing...three people only loosing two pounds....that is what I'm loosing right now...1-2 a week and I'm in ONEder land....and not working out 6+ hours a day.
    GabbyG and Cootie like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I am sorta missing the Evil Drama that previous contestants have previously brought to the show. Nice to see the White Team not lose anymore team members. I wonder if Frangelina will be come a new member of the White Team?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I would love to see that! I think she'd make a great addition to the white team.

I am sorta missing the Evil Drama that previous contestants have previously brought to the show. Nice to see the White Team not lose anymore team members. I wonder if Frangelina will be come a new member of the White Team?

Are they switching up the teams next week?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

The blue team was not allowed to work out at all in the game room. They were illustrating what being a couch potato does to your energy, motivation and weight. That seems to be the theme this year because of the kids.

They were not allowed to throw the gum ball; they had to carry it. It weighed 10 pounds.

The parents of the kids were all overweight themselves. I was shocked to see the amount of junk food they all had! I guess because I don't stock those things and never have. A bag of chips and some cookies, maybe but they had garbage bags full of stuff.

Most hit a plateau this week like usually happens in week 2.

I assume they are all on the same diet. Biggest Loser has a product line and will probably continue to build on that. We know their diet is not great when they were doing product placement for Subway. Their rolls are all basically white bread. None of them pass the schmush test.

They work them way too hard. Maybe there are days when they do less strenuous exercize and that is not shown. Big mistake, if so. I bet there are many viewers who are discouraged knowing they do not have the time or help to work out like that. Shame because losing weight is 80% diet and a 30 minute walk a day does a lot. So walk an hour twice a day to balance the workouts.

When I heard the woman on the treadmill say her shins were burning I was stunned that they pushed her more. Shin splints are difficult to heal and something trainers aim to avoid.

I don't like Jillian but I dont want her off the show either. She provides interest, drama and illustrates the negative side of screaming at people to get the results you want.

FORT Fogey

The fact that the blue team lost weight proves that people don't have to exercise to lose weight. All of the extreme exercise is just for drama for a TV show.
    Shoepie likes this.

But it was only 4 1/2 hours each day they could not exercise, what about the other times when they should have been working.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The fact that the blue team lost weight proves that people don't have to exercise to lose weight. All of the extreme exercise is just for drama for a TV show.
    No, you don't HAVE to, but skinny people can be physically unfit and out of shape. After all, anorexic and bulimic individuals manage to lose weight. Heck, just have gastric bypass surgery and skip all those tiresome workouts. The goal - for the 1,243,349th time - is a lifestyle change. Part of a healthy lifestyle is physical fitness.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast