+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Biggest Loser 2 hr show 1/7/13

Biggest Loser 2 hr show 1/7/13

Get Moving is the name of tonight's episode from Season 14's Biggest Loser. This is the second night of 2 hour shows. A summary of this episode:
    The contestants are pushed to new limits in outdoor gyms personally designed by the trainers; Dr. H talks to the contestants about their health; professional football player Antonio Gates cheers on contestants during a challenge.

FORT Fogey

Re: Biggest Loser 2 hr show 1/7/13

I wonder if the white team would have turned out differently with another trainer. I notice that Dov is as tough as Jillian but his delivery is very different; he doesn't have anger behind his driving.

I believe Jillian's team would have done better if she dialed the workout back several notches to enable them to keep moving rather than pushing so hard they could not stay on their feet.

There is no mystery why numbers are always down in the second week. Their bodies are responding to the extreme activity and reduced calorie intake. It is saying, OMG, they are trying to kill me so they slow your metabolism waaaaaaaaaay back and go into survival mode. Why don't they know this? I say this every season. I apologize but will probably do it again.

We are just 30 minutes into the show on the west coast so I am still not sure what is going to happen, but I do think that they are giving Jillian the tough edit. Even her outdoor gym looks less effective than the others. She has a proven track record, though, so I guess time will tell on how well her methods will work this time.

By the way, they just showed Bingo stashing food under his bed. He is lucky he doesn't have rodents for roommates!

Regarding Bingo - my only thought as I watched him stashing the chocolates was, why on earth do his parents buy that crap to have in the house to begin with? Maddening.
    Cootie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I only saw about the first fifteen minutes and last three minutes of the show, because I fell asleep on the couch...and then promptly fell asleep on the couch yet again shorty thereafter and just woke up. Clearly, the problems I've had sleeping the last two nights are over.

Anyway, when Jillian was shrieking, "Why are you afraid? Tell me, why are you afraid?" at that poor woman, who'd just said, without Jillian around, that she was afraid of Jillian herself, I thought that if she had kept yelling in my face like that, I probably would have eventually snapped back, "Homicide charges if you don't back off and stop shrieking at me for a moment."

Honestly, I don't understand why Jillian isn't considering another approach when clearly, this approach is not working with this particular group of people. Not everybody learns the same way or responds positively to the same teaching techniques--and that's what she's trying to do is teach them an entirely new lifestyle as opposed to just getting them to lose weight right this minute, right? So if what you're doing isn't getting the appropriate results, then maybe you need to try another approach.

I would guess that now that they've lost another team member, those two women are just going to be more afraid of incurring her wrath if they can't keep up with what she wants them to do, and I swear, one of them tonight looked as if she'd just checked out and couldn't even hear what Jillian was saying anymore, much less respond to what she wanted her to do.

Thank heavens Jackson, who's been medically approved to do no more than walk right now, isn't on her team. He probably wouldn't be walking fast enough or far enough for her and wouldn't be until he dropped over again. I'm all for people leading healthier lifestyles, but if they're made to feel miserable and small in the process, is it really going to be something they stick with once they leave the ranch?

FORT Fogey

This episode was on at the same time as the Bachelor, so I watched the Bachelor. Yesterday's episode of Biggest Loser will be shown again on Saturday. It's too bad that today's episode isn't going to be shown again.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Regarding Bingo - my only thought as I watched him stashing the chocolates was, why on earth do his parents buy that crap to have in the house to begin with? Maddening.
    More than likely, if he is hiding it, his parents are probably not buying the crap.

As for Jillian's approach, it remains to be seen whether she will be successful with the two remaining contestants. It is too bad that the two that have been eliminated seemed to clearly be connected to her approach and that they were "getting it" about why she was being so mean to them. The guy who got eliminated tonight said some very meaningful things about the choices he had been making in life and about not being very good at anything so that he was hiding behind being fat and in that way useless. At least that is the way I looked at it.

I am sure there will be a "break through" on Jillian's team and they will be the come back kids.
    There's no place like home!

When the kids ran the 1 mile they messed up the names on the screen. It said "Sunny" instead of "Lindsey" after Lindsey was done running. Does anyone even edit this stuff?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast