+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

Jillian looks angry even when she isn't yelling. She seems as if she's filled with rage. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

FORT Fogey

I am glad Jillian is back only because her replacements have been lame and uninteresting. I would never want her to be my trainer, however. I respond to "atta girl" encouragement rather than her vitrolic spew.

I wonder if that woman would have stayed had she been with either Bob or Dov. I have the same question about the guy who was eliminated. Would he have faired better with Bob? He wasn't slacking; he was out of shape and just could not stay on that treadmill. Put him in the pool as they have done with the injured.

I am surprised that this show has not been under fire by experts for this kind of training. There seems to be some kind of mysterious gag order.

Their arcane low fat diet has been out for a long time yet they contiune.

On a positive note, I like some of the contestants at first glimpse. Time will tell on that, of course.

I think Jill had two seasons worth of crap to dish...

Regarding Nikki: at the beginning she said in her bio that she has had eating disorders where she will throw up her food over and over. I don't remember anyone being on this show that had a disorder of anexeria or beliuma(?sp). Yes most on this show has an eatin gdisorder of overeating but that's it. I could be wrong though. I just don't remember. Anyway, I don't think she knew the extent of the emotional issues she had until she got on the show and even if she did maybe she didn't realize the show couldn't help her b/c of the eating disorder. I bet the show didn't know they couldn't help her. Most of the counselors and trainers are Life Coaches which is great but not sure how much training they have for things like anexeria and beliuma.

Of course, I don't know. This is just an assumption. I do pray that she gets major help. She is beautiful inside and out...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Reading about Nikki on facebook, I am not buying her story. I see 15 min of fame.
    Shoepie likes this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    I found myself torn between not wanting white team to lose, since they were kind of hampered & wanting them to lose, because Jillian was annoying the crap out of me! I don't think it's necessary to be just so downright hateful towards these people! I would be really uncomfortable running on the treadmill without being allowed to touch the sides, not because I'd want to hold any weight on the sides, but just to keep my balance! And Jillian's constant screaming would NOT let me focus on balance, so I'd probably fall off the thing a dozen times & wind up crippling myself! I really hope one of Bob or Dolvett's people win this season; anyone but one of Jillian's! (And I feel bad for feeling that way, because I don't have a problem with her team).
    I've been told that while it is more effective to run on treadmill without holding onto the rails/sides, that anyone who has balance issues--and certainly some of these people have them or will have them initially because of the extra weight they're carrying and their previous inactivity--is better off holding onto them, though they should hold onto them as little as possible. For instance, don't put a death grip on the things but just rest your hands on them lightly so that you can grab ahold quickly if you feel yourself start to slip.

Personally, I more generally use a cross-trainer style elliptical, where there are handles you're supposed to hold onto that you also work back and forth, so your arms get stretched as well. Don't know why they couldn't do that instead. I've also been told ellipticals are easier on the joints, and for heavier people, joint stress can be a real issues--and it's not like you can't wear off calories and build muscle on ellipticals too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Reading about Nikki on facebook, I am not buying her story. I see 15 min of fame.
    Can you say more about her FB page?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Jillian looks angry even when she isn't yelling. She seems as if she's filled with rage. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    I kind of wondered what her kids would think, when they're old enough to understand, seeing their mother shout at people like that. I would think a little kid might find it kind of scary to see a parent behaving like that, but then again, I would hope little kids wouldn't be watching BL precisely because of that.

BTW, all the trainers were so much nicer and more positive with the kids. I don't know why they assume at least some adults might not respond to that approach as well. Some people do work harder when they're confronted constantly, but others will just shut down. As I've said before, I'm not one who responds to being yelled at well, but then I'm also good at self-motivation, so I get resentful quickly if someone just automatically assumes that if I weren't being yelled at that I wouldn't work hard.

I realized last night that I hadn't missed Jillian at ALL....

I'm a Dolvett fan for all the obvious reasons (), but I also like that he doesn't resort to taunting and insults to motivate his players. He's tough, no doubt, but I think he fosters a team atmosphere far better than Jillian and even better than Bob. Bob and Jillian's little "jokes" about wanting to see a contestant's mascara run down her face really turned me off. I fail to see how it's at all helpful.
    NCLurker likes this.

I agree lizardcat....also, some people naturally sweat more than others. My work out buddy never sweats!!!! Even after a freakin hour of hard plyo! It makes me sick! I sweat doing yoga!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Where on FB? Her fan page or BL page?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast