+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Biingo is so cute!
    I just wish he'd go by Noah and not Bingo, because I've now got that stupid song stuck in my head.

Glad to see Bob understanding that Gina needed a different approach today.

Why does Jillian still sound angry even when she's praising her team members? Guess the kids being there--or maybe being a new mom--has changed her word choice a bit, though, huh? Never heard her saying "I'm so fudging happy right now." Come to think of it, I wonder if "fudging" is the best word choice in a gym where you're encouraging people to lose weight.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Nikki's problem isn't that she has some emotional issues that she needs to address before (or at least at the same time) that she's dealing with losing weight that the trainers just aren't equipped to deal with, and if she does, she's right. She probably isn't ready for the kind of experience The Biggest Loser is and another approach might work better for her.

I've never been obese, but I imagine learning how to deal with it and lose the weight is a lot like learning other things. Not every method works equally well for every person, because people learn differently.

Nikki is not ready emotionally to be on the BL. They do have psychologists to talk to them behind the scenes. I know I read that somewhere before.

ETA: Nikki said she is going home to work on her weight loss with her family and to see a therapist. I'm glad she said that and I wish her a lot of good luck!!
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 01-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Niki is not ready emotionally to be on the BL.
    Which is sad, but if she's really got major emotional issues with which to deal, it's just something that can't be helped. I hope she finds someone who can help her in a way that works for her.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

Maybe it's just because I haven't seen her for a couple of seasons, but Jillian's attitude is making me really uncomfortable tonight. It's like she can't express an emotion other than anger.

I'm glad Nikki is determined to see a therapist when she gets home though. In the long run, if BL convinced her that she needed that kind of help, walking away from the show might be the best thing that could have happened to her.

Instead of the white team being down one person, though, couldn't they bring on someone new for the team next week? They've barely started and surely they must have someone else who could step in that early in the game.

I'm actually in favor of the red line, no voting business. It allows for less gamesmanship, which I've never liked when it comes to a situation where the real goal should be about learning to live better as opposed to winning a bunch of money
    CupidGuest and zookeepertx like this.

Yeah, feel sorry for Nikki, BUT she took someone's place that was ready to be there. She knew she had problems and never should have gone on the show.
    AJane, sunshine3331 and mesachick like this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Yeah, feel sorry for Nikki, BUT she took someone's place that was ready to be there. She knew she had problems and never should have gone on the show.
    I wonder if she recognized how bad her problems were before, though. Also, doesn't the show do any kind of pre-screenings with the possible contestants that might have picked up on her emotional issues?

I hope that since it's only week one, one of those other people might be brought in in Nikki's place. It's not like the new person would be that far behind if they did bring her on (I assume it would be a woman to replace another woman).
    CupidGuest likes this.

I will be surprised if they actually send someone home tonight since Nikki left.
    There's no place like home!

Wow, I'm so sorry that TC was automatically eliminated! I never saw that coming.
    Since leaving the ranch, TC has lost 41 pounds! Keep up the good work, TC!
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 01-07-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    zookeepertx likes this.

I found myself torn between not wanting white team to lose, since they were kind of hampered & wanting them to lose, because Jillian was annoying the crap out of me! I don't think it's necessary to be just so downright hateful towards these people! I would be really uncomfortable running on the treadmill without being allowed to touch the sides, not because I'd want to hold any weight on the sides, but just to keep my balance! And Jillian's constant screaming would NOT let me focus on balance, so I'd probably fall off the thing a dozen times & wind up crippling myself! I really hope one of Bob or Dolvett's people win this season; anyone but one of Jillian's! (And I feel bad for feeling that way, because I don't have a problem with her team).
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast