+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Jillian returns!

Jillian returns!

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...626567,00.html

She's back!

Tough-as-nails trainer Jillian Michaels is returning to NBC's The Biggest Loser when the weight-loss competition returns in January for its 14th season.

The new season will also tackle the problem of childhood obesity, adding contestants between the ages of 13 and 17 who will compete alongside adult contestants, according to reports. But the teens won't face elimination on the show and will not be weighed for the broadcast.

Michael's long-awaited return comes after the fitness guru announced in December 2010 that the show's 11th season would be her last. At the time, she told fans, "I want to take a year off TV and focus on becoming a mommy and doing more charity work."

In May 2012, Michaels, 38, accomplished her goal of building her family when she and partner Heidi Rhoades welcomed two children. After a lengthy process, the couple adopted Lukenisa, 2, from Haiti. That same week, Rhoades gave birth to the couple's son, Phoenix.

On the Today show Tuesday, Michaels told Al Roker she's still adapting to life as a mother. (Watch a clip below.)

"It's been an incredible ride. I'm still adjusting obviously and I don't know that I'll ever fully be adjusted to it, but there's nothing like it," she says. "It brings a whole new level of meaning to your life."

Michaels, who has a tough reputation on The Biggest Loser, admits that going from having no children to being a mom-of-two can be difficult at times.

"I'm not gonna pretend like it's not a challenge," she says. "There are days when I am definitely tearing out my hair."

With her return to television on the horizon and her family supporting her, the trainer couldn't be happier. "Everything you do, you do for them," she says of her children.
    A much-needed return. Also like that teens will get the opportunity to train with Bob & Jillian.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: Jillian returns!

Here's the one thing I can't find, what about Dolvett? Are they getting rid of him? I love Jillian but I love Dolvett, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I read an article, I think TV guide, and said that Dolvett was also returning.
    There's no place like home!

Good. I would have to cry if my eye candy left.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

3 teens on each team....not being yelled at? Really Jill? She said she wants to work w/ the teens....I'm under the impression she's NOT staying permanently....she wants to work with these teens to get them 'healthy'.

When she had her own show, helping entire families with their health & fitness, she was pretty gentle with the kids. She's not going to yell at teens. I think this is an amazing opportunity for the overweight kids - they won't be eliminated or weighed on camera, which is as respectful a treatment as they could hope for in a reality format. Also, if Bob/Jillian/Dolvett can reach them at a young age - before any major health issues set in - think of the possibilities! They could turn out some real athletes. I know it ties in very neatly with Jillian's return and her new status as a parent, and it will be good for BL ratings - but it's also just a great move on the show's part. So many kids need help. It's like holding back a tide with a teaspoon at this point, but if you can help at least a few, it's worth it. This is one of the few - if not the only - reality show where the experience surpasses any monetary prize.
    NFL1, mindy384, mesachick and 1 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Does anyone have a date and time when TBL starts back up?

THANKS.

Oh UGH, just looked at the PEOPLE article the OP posted - JANUARY 2013.
    KAREN

I would watch a Biggest Loser Teen show. I think they'd have better luck with the teens actually. AND, might get Jilly to stay? (if she got to work with the teens) And instead of the big prizes, they could offer things a teen might need...like college $, or other $ toward a car or other needs? But, like mentioned, the BEST part is teaching them how to be healthy right off the get-go. Some families don't eat healthy because they feel it's too expensive...so, to the drive thru it is. Someone needs to teach the kids that is NOT the way to do it....

TBL might be on to something here....

FORT Fogey

The teens can also learn life skills that can help them get jobs...in their field of interest or even at gyms or studying to become a trainer.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Bob is still on? I really like him and Jillian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast