+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

Well, it looks as if BL 14 will be a mid season show for NBC with The Voice taking it's usual spot on Tuesdays at 8pm.

Biggest Loser is an aging series and NBC has a lot of them but it is hard to replace that many shows when they all still have huge followings. The Voice was a huge ratings hit for NBC and a very good challenger to Fox's American Idol. I personally don't mind Biggest Loser being on only once a year. In fact putting on BL on come January may be a stroke of genius and inspiration to all of those who want to lose weight after the season holidays.
    Shoepie, GabbyG, Allie and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Re: Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

I agree and also think it will also help the franchise recover from the toxicity of this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I agree and also think it will also help the franchise recover from the toxicity of this past season.
    Hopefully, they fired the people who picked the last cast.
    JulieAnn likes this.

I know a lot of folks were very upset with the season 13 cast but I don't blame the casting folks. They cannot predict the future and know how the mix of folks they chose would interact. And lets face it The Evil Bitch Queen and her Green Squishly Brother both lied on their audition tapes and in the interviews. Besides the entire premise of reality TV is the unpredictability of how the cast will interact and react to the situations. The result being we the viewing audience will not always like what we see.
    captain, Hyper, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

I'm a little bummed it will be on only once a year. I do wish they'd switch to a one-hour format, though. The workout montages get very old.

I agree that January is the best time to run it.

Any word who the trainers will be? I, personally, was kind of tired of Jillian, so I didn't miss her a whole lot. I thought the current team was a good one. Bob and Dolvett had a little tension between them, which I think was more interesting than the Bob/Jillian relationship. And, admittedly, I already miss my Tuesday date night with Dolvett....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I know a lot of folks were very upset with the season 13 cast but I don't blame the casting folks. They cannot predict the future and know how the mix of folks they chose would interact. And lets face it The Evil Bitch Queen and her Green Squishly Brother both lied on their audition tapes and in the interviews. Besides the entire premise of reality TV is the unpredictability of how the cast will interact and react to the situations. The result being we the viewing audience will not always like what we see.
    Do you think the producers were surprised at how Conda turned out? I started muting Conda soon after she started talking on the first show. I think that with enough interviews, they must have known exactly what Conda was like. They probably give the contestants a psychological evaluation... so they could have chosen Conda knowing that she was controlling. If they didn't know ahead of time what Conda was like, her true colors would soon be revealed when the producers noticed that she was controlling everyone's votes. They could have then replaced Conda and her brother, and started the season over again... or maybe they could have started filming the season over again with one less pair of contestants.

I am sure the producers were thrilled when Conda revealed her colors she caused lots and lots of discussion on lots of sites.

Again this is a game show the TV producers cannot interfere with the game when in play that would interfere with the outcome of the game and bring the wrth of the FCC on them. It's like you not liking a particular player on a basketball game because you don't like him, his politics, his 20 children by 15 different moma's etc... as long as the player abides by the games rules he can play.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am sure the producers were thrilled when Conda revealed her colors she caused lots and lots of discussion on lots of sites. Again this is a game show the TV producers cannot interfere with the game when in play that would interfere with the outcome of the game and bring the wrth of the FCC on them. It's like you not liking a particular player on a basketball game because you don't like him, his politics, his 20 children by 15 different moma's etc... as long as the player abides by the games rules he can play.
    When people complained about the meddling that supposedly was going on behind the scenes of the Big Brother TV show... they found out that Big Brother was considered an entertainment show, even though there was a cash prize... so the meddling wasn't breaking any laws. I assume that Biggest Loser is the same: that it's okay for producers to meddle behing the scenes.

I don't know what you mean about meddling since I don't watch Big Brother. I know from doing a lot of back ground reading about Survivor that certain twists and turns, challenges and rewards will be done in a certain order, they also do that on Biggest Loser, and as we have seen on Biggest Loser this past season it is all spelled out in the contract that the contestants signed.

FORT Fogey

I read that on the first few seasons of Survivor, they gave baskets of fruit to the contestants. so they had more to eat than just a bowl of rice every day. Of course they didn't show that on TV. On Big Brother, houseguests were called to the Diary Room one at a time, where producers supposedly spent hours trying to get them to change their votes about who to vote out. They were then told not to discuss what was said to them with the other houseguests. Some houseguests than started telling other houseguests what the producers said to them... and viewers heard the beginnings of the comments on the live feeds, which were then cut off. One very unpleasant, offensive houseguest, who was going to be voted off, actually lasted until the end of the season. The producers could have even been involved in strategizing to keep Conda and Jeremy on the show. One never knows what could be going on behind the scenes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast