+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 18 - 05/01/12 - The Finale

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 18 - 05/01/12 - The Finale

I agree, he wasn't quite back to the old Sam, but kudos to her for sticking by him---hopefully his personality wasn't affected. Hoping he makes it all the way "back". THey both looked good otherwise I thought, and happy.
    Shoepie and Ryansmom like this.

Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else and I have not seen it, but IS there going to be season 14?

I thought usually at the end of the season, they would promote the next season with a few clips?

This season sucked! I really wanted Kim to win out of the 3 remaining.

I thought Buddy could have won it all, and was shocked to see him quit. I could not stand Mark, good riddance to him!

It was a horrible season, I'm starting to doubt there will be another season.
    Profit's not a dirty word.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyBaby View Post
    Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else and I have not seen it, but IS there going to be season 14? I thought usually at the end of the season, they would promote the next season with a few clips? This season sucked! I really wanted Kim to win out of the 3 remaining. I thought Buddy could have won it all, and was shocked to see him quit. I could not stand Mark, good riddance to him! It was a horrible season, I'm starting to doubt there will be another season.
    I read somewhere that next season will be in 2013.

They are already casting for season 15.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

The Extreme Makeover Weight Loss show will start on Sunday, June 3 on ABC. The guy on the first episode weighed 400 pounds. He quit a job in the food industry so that he could lose weight... then he ended up homeless because he couldn't pay the rent.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be watching.

The Extreme Makeover episodes are 2 hours long 9pm - 11pm. Wonder where they got that from? There are 8 episodes. The season 2 format varies a bit as it follows the people for 1 year or 365 days. Season 1 seemed to be 3 months with the trainer 6 months on your own and then surgery and then final outcome.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The Extreme Makeover episodes are 2 hours long 9pm - 11pm. Wonder where they got that from? There are 8 episodes. The season 2 format varies a bit as it follows the people for 1 year or 365 days. Season 1 seemed to be 3 months with the trainer 6 months on your own and then surgery and then final outcome.
    It's too bad that each episode of season 2 has to be two hours long. The same producers produce both Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition.

Well, they are filming these folks for 1 year so I can see that they might to show more of the struggle of these super obese folks than they can show in a 6 month period like they do on Biggest Loser.

What I like about this show is (if I remember the format correctly) it begins with Chris, the trainer, living with the contestant for 90 days. Then he leaves, and the contestant must keep up the good habits on his or her own, with just videoconferences from Chris. Pretty much everyone backslides. Often Chris comes back and the contestant manages to hit his or her goal or at least come close. However, there have been outright failures, too, and the show was not afraid to present it. One guy ended up in a clinic for food addiction. Chris basically admitted he was over his head in dealing with this man. It was a truly heartbreaking episode.

This, to me, is so much more honest than the way BL twists its plotline so that everyone appears happy, thin, and "fixed" in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast