+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 15 - 04/10/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 15 - 04/10/12

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lad View Post
    The Germans call that an "Earworm".
    As a singer, I have constant nagging earworms.
    Some are pleasant, some not!
    Years ago, a friend told me a hilarious story: He and another friend were doing long-distance cycling and camping along the way. Apparently whoever woke up first would go to the other and sing the MOST irritating song in his ear to wake him up, assuring an long-term earworm as they cycled all day. He says the worst was "Paloma Blanca" (check YouTube if you dare; those over 40-ish will remember it).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Years ago, a friend told me a hilarious story: He and another friend were doing long-distance cycling and camping along the way. Apparently whoever woke up first would go to the other and sing the MOST irritating song in his ear to wake him up, assuring an long-term earworm as they cycled all day. He says the worst was "Paloma Blanca" (check YouTube if you dare; those over 40-ish will remember it).
    Oh I can think of many far worse! What a funny thing to do and I love the expression earworm.

The theme from "The Andy Griffith Show" is about the best there is.
    Just whistle it once and see your friends get stuck with it for the rest of the day.

There was a reality show years ago...I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but one of the "challenges" was for one person to spend time in a small room with nothing in it and listed to "Tiny Bubbles" over and over again for 24 (I think) hours. Talk about torture! Anyone remember that show? I seem to think it was a bunch of people that lived together in a place with no windows, doors, or clocks so they had no idea what day or time it was. Each day (or week?) they would get the option to leave. I think the last one standing got a million bucks or something. I think it was that show that featured the Tiny Bubbles challenge, but it's possible I'm mixing up 2 different shows.

ETA: I just googled and found out that the Tiny Bubbles challenge was from an episode of The Mole, which I loved before it went celebrity and the other show was called Unan1mous.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 04-14-2012 at 07:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456