+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 15 - 04/10/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 15 - 04/10/12

Jim Lad, after I read your post and the words "true colours" I started singing..."I see your true colours shinning through, I see your...". Sorry....now I won't be able to get that song out of my head!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I thought it was very curious that Chris was able to get a jar of mayo and peanut butter. Room service was responsible for the burger and grilled cheese but would they have sent up those jars? Unlikely. They would have sent up a dish of each. She clearly got permission to call Roy; the camera was there. I don't understand why she wouldn't have ordered the food when the camera was gone. Allowing herself to be filmed bindging is very odd. I suppose the show asked room service to notify them, expecting this could happen. .
    Big red flags on this part for me, too. There is no way room service would send up a jar of peanut butter and a jar of mayo with an order. Someone got it for her (production) and then filmed her. I think it was all set up to be part of the narrative, and therefore completely ridiculous. Such manufactured drama: setback as personal demons and bad habits arise, followed by a scolding and pep talk from Bob, followed by renewed determination despite the gain and being sent home, followed by her at home success story.

I was shocked she gained 2 lbs though.
    LrcLinda likes this.

I'm sure the producers used Chris' moment of mental weakness to exploit that problem/excuse. Bob said at weigh in that people do that...but, 1 moment of weakness doesn't blow the whole thing you've been doing. It seemed to be a teaching moment at weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    15 weeks on the ranch is a start but it is hard to overcome 40 years of conditioning.
    I don't know anything about her formative years but once you take on the responsibility of raising your own family, you need to grow up and deal with your past demons & stop making excuses. She's had ample time to do so as I see her children are adults or close to it. Self-victimization is immature at best and manipulative at worst. I've seen this type before and I have no patience for it. Bob's attitude towards her at the weigh in made me believe he's had enough of her as well, and I think that past & present trainers generally have the patience of saints for being able to coax and push the contestants to success.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Big red flags on this part for me, too. There is no way room service would send up a jar of peanut butter and a jar of mayo with an order. Someone got it for her (production) and then filmed her. I think it was all set up to be part of the narrative, and therefore completely ridiculous. Such manufactured drama: setback as personal demons and bad habits arise, followed by a scolding and pep talk from Bob, followed by renewed determination despite the gain and being sent home, followed by her at home success story.

I was shocked she gained 2 lbs though.
    Something else I didn't mention before......the phone. My husband pointed out to me that she never picked up the handset, it was all on speakerphone. I hate being taken for a fool this way, was it that important to them to have some drama on the show? I don't believe Roy would have ever really told her to leave the ranch. It was all bs.

What was shown as the "phone call" was probably set up. I would suspect that the real phone call happened earlier and TPTB found out and resstaged it.
    sweetpea likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    What was shown as the "phone call" was probably set up. I would suspect that the real phone call happened earlier and TPTB found out and resstaged it.
    Exactly. That's why it all felt so staged. The phone call could have happened, but they decided to re-shoot it and brought in the binging to add to the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't know anything about her formative years but once you take on the responsibility of raising your own family, you need to grow up and deal with your past demons & stop making excuses. She's had ample time to do so as I see her children are adults or close to it. Self-victimization is immature at best and manipulative at worst. I've seen this type before and I have no patience for it. Bob's attitude towards her at the weigh in made me believe he's had enough of her as well, and I think that past & present trainers generally have the patience of saints for being able to coax and push the contestants to success.

I think you are missing the point. When you get married and start having kids you tend to want to be the best caretaker possible and if you have several kids you are talking about a minimal 10 to 15 years of taking care of the kids, preparing food, cleaning house, doing laundry etc.... and next thing you know you are 40 and fat and frustrated and know that you need to change because of your health and relationships and are frustrated cause no one appreciates you for all the work you have done. It is not being a victim. It's about realizing after all those years of hard work and sacrifice no one appreciates what you have done, and that you have buried your identity into your family and that you have to find yourself again. Birth was hard work and painful. Doing it again at 40 is also hard work and painful cause you have 40 yrs of conditioning on top of that.
    sweetpea, GabbyG and sunshine3331 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Of course I get it, I'm a 44-year-old mother of two and my body was the least of the demons I've had to tame, with varying degrees of success, over the years. Every mother gets frustrated but only the most delusional expects adulation for her performance. I got off the cross a while back when I realized that it didn't earn me any respect from my husband & mother-as-martyr wasn't the kind of role model my daughters needed. My opinion is that Chris was never comfortable at the ranch because she couldn't let go of the guilt, especially after her husband left. Yes, she's lost weight, but it's not and never has been all about a number on a scale - she has frittered away an amazing opportunity to change her life, and I think the only change she really made was her hair colour & some info on her driver's license. She may have listened to the people who tried to help her but she didn't hear a word.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Jim Lad, after I read your post and the words "true colours" I started singing..."I see your true colours shinning through, I see your...". Sorry....now I won't be able to get that song out of my head!!!
    The Germans call that an "Earworm".
    As a singer, I have constant nagging earworms.
    Some are pleasant, some not!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast