+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 14 - 04/03/12

Makeovers or not, I'm bored with an episode with no weigh-in. Best dress, Kim, best hair, Conda, best transformation, Chris/Buddy tie, worst suit, Dolvett. (Actually I would kill for Kim's dress, though all of the dresses were quite nice). I still would have liked a little less eye makeup on Kim. Not a very spellbinding hour of tv, unfortunately.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: Season 13 - Episode 14 - 04/03/12

I agree with the Dolvett suit...where did they come up with that?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Why is Kim no longer in Conda's alliance? Since Kim is no longer in Conda's alliance, I'm rooting for her. Of course, the contestant I'm mainly rooting for is Chris. Why was Conda talking so much at the beginning of the show? Why is the show promoting her? I always mute Conda. Everyone looks thin except for Conda and Jeremy. There was a closeup of Conda's calves, which look beefy.

I fast forwarded through a great deal of last night's episode.
    Sorry but I'm looking for motivation and this show is simply not delivering that.
    The alliance Buddy was referring to will see to it that the final four will consist of one skinny guy and three...
    who maybe aren't doing the Biggest Loser brand any favours.
    I'm all but gone, I'm afraid.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lad View Post
    I fast forwarded through a great deal of last night's episode. Sorry but I'm looking for motivation and this show is simply not delivering that. The alliance Buddy was referring to will see to it that the final four will consist of one skinny guy and three... who maybe aren't doing the Biggest Loser brand any favours. I'm all but gone, I'm afraid.
    I continue to watch the show because I want to see how it ends. I would like to know if Chris gets enough money to fix her house... but they might, or might not, reveal that information. Whatever weight Conda loses, she will regain, since being obese hasn't had a negative impact on her life. Cass wanted to lose weight because she lacked the self-confidence to apply for writing jobs because of her appearance. Megan wanted to lose weight because she had a hard time getting on her horse... but Conda was doing just fine before she lost weight... so why would she try to keep her weight down? In many ways, this season has been interesting. I think you should maybe watch the next season... they probably will try to choose contestants who are likeable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Why is Kim no longer in Conda's alliance? Since Kim is no longer in Conda's alliance, I'm rooting for her. Of course, the contestant I'm mainly rooting for is Chris. Why was Conda talking so much at the beginning of the show? Why is the show promoting her? I always mute Conda. Everyone looks thin except for Conda and Jeremy. There was a closeup of Conda's calves, which look beefy.
    I only checked out the makeovers so I didn't get wind of this shift. I thought the original alliance of Buddy, Mark, Kim and Conda was still in place. Jeremy was not in that original plan because he was on the other team. When did it change to boot Kim? Or is this just speculation?

At this point I am rooting for Buddy or Kim to win. I don't have a problem with Mark but we know he is out of the running. I don't find Chris all that compelling so cannot cheer for her. Her needing a new roof has nothing to do with the competition. Makes me wonder though. Why is she not working harder to get that money since she needs it so badly?

Sorry, Show. Nice try, but I'm not buying the "Conda Redemption" storyline you're trying to feed me. Too little, too late!

Most of the makeovers were good. Kim rocked that dress, but I wish they had impressed upon her that 'more is less' when it comes to makeup. Chris' hair colour took years off of her, and I thought her dress was very appropriate, but I don't know if sleeveless is the way to go there, quite yet. Conda's hair looked great, but I was really surprised how big she still looked at this point. Was she the heaviest girl on the ranch at the beginning??

Mark is done. He looks normal, healthy, fit. Buddy looked years younger without the facial hair. Jeremy...meh. I will be surprised if he doesn't hit on Michelle Obama next week. He's a stud in his own mind.
    lizardcat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I only checked out the makeovers so I didn't get wind of this shift. I thought the original alliance of Buddy, Mark, Kim and Conda was still in place. Jeremy was not in that original plan because he was on the other team. When did it change to boot Kim? Or is this just speculation?

At this point I am rooting for Buddy or Kim to win. I don't have a problem with Mark but we know he is out of the running. I don't find Chris all that compelling so cannot cheer for her. Her needing a new roof has nothing to do with the competition. Makes me wonder though. Why is she not working harder to get that money since she needs it so badly?
    I think it changed when Kim sorta blew up during elimination when Emily was sent home. Looks as if she has been on the outs with her alliance since then.

As for Chris, during the one week at home episode, they showed the type of work Chris and Roy do and it looks like they do work hard, but don't get that much money and that looks like it is a sore sport that they work hard but have low income occupations.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I only checked out the makeovers so I didn't get wind of this shift. I thought the original alliance of Buddy, Mark, Kim and Conda was still in place. Jeremy was not in that original plan because he was on the other team. When did it change to boot Kim? Or is this just speculation? At this point I am rooting for Buddy or Kim to win. I don't have a problem with Mark but we know he is out of the running. I don't find Chris all that compelling so cannot cheer for her. Her needing a new roof has nothing to do with the competition. Makes me wonder though. Why is she not working harder to get that money since she needs it so badly?
    On the most recent show Buddy said something about the final four of Conda, Jeremy, Buddy and Mark. Chris works hard at three part-time jobs. She doesn't seem to have the education or training for a high-paying job. Santa/Roy was an engineer, but for some reason ended up without any savings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think it changed when Kim sorta blew up during elimination when Emily was sent home. Looks as if she has been on the outs with her alliance since then. As for Chris, during the one week at home episode, they showed the type of work Chris and Roy do and it looks like they do work hard, but don't get that much money and that looks like it is a sore sport that they work hard but have low income occupations.
    Conda is controlling. Conda tells her alliance who to vote off... and if they think for themselves like Kim attempted to do.. they're out of Conda's alliance. Conda makes ALL of the decisions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast