+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 13 - 03/27/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 13 - 03/27/12

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I thought it was rather odd that a woman with 3 (or is it 4?) kids didn't know that it would be difficult to cook a stuffed chicken breast in a pan and have it done in 20 minutes. Surely it's not her first time cooking chicken? It's also not a nutritious way to prepare it. It should be baked, not pan fried.

After thinking about it for a bit, I have an issue with Kim's winning dish. First, it looked gross. Second, was nutritional value not taken into account? There was not one vegetable in that dish. Megan & Conda's dishes had far more nutritional value and I believe they didn't use any fatty extras like cheese or mayo.
    Well, they only had 20 minutes so I understand the pan fried chicken. Isn't a mushroom a veggie?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mushrooms are extremely good for you w/ lots of nutritional value (I know, I'm the only one who will eat 'em around here!). And, I might be wrong, BUT had Chris had one of the larger burners (and Jeremy not wasting her time on frying frickin bananas!), she may have had time to pull it off....or, at least cook the chicken a bit better. I wonder how long she was waiting for that burner...must have been a while to have been that obviously undercooked. (and, like someone else mentioned, pounding it thinner wouldn't have hurt)

If Chris had pounded it thinner and if she got to a larger burner....I am sorry but those are excuses. (This is not directed at anyone on this board, just my observations) We do not know why she got to the burner later than any of the others. She reminds of a person that allows people to walk over her.....she needs to stand up for herself and not let these idiots boss/push her around.
    There's no place like home!

I thought Kim's dish looked OK, but I was surprised that beef won over fish when nutritional value was such an important factor. If they had calculated vitamins and protein, as well, I think Megan's dish would have won. That looked like a whole dinner, while Kim's looked more like an appetizer for two.

Chris does need to stand up for herself, but she needs to do it constructively. This "you hurt my feelings" business doesn't work; it only makes her look like a professional victim. That's why I wish she would pick her battles. She flubbed the cooking challenge--so what--just move on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I thought Kim's dish looked OK, but I was surprised that beef won over fish when nutritional value was such an important factor. If they had calculated vitamins and protein, as well, I think Megan's dish would have won. That looked like a whole dinner, while Kim's looked more like an appetizer for two. Chris does need to stand up for herself, but she needs to do it constructively. This "you hurt my feelings" business doesn't work; it only makes her look like a professional victim. That's why I wish she would pick her battles. She flubbed the cooking challenge--so what--just move on.
    I think that winning the cooking challenge was important for Chris because she was thinking about how much it would cost to fix her leaky roof. Chris and Santa need money. At least Chris doesn't hurt others... use others... which is what Conda does.

I'm not sure about the exact nutritional value of a portabello mushroom (I do find them delicious, btw - never met a mushroom I didn't like) but it couldn't have touched all the vegetables in Megan's dish. Bob Harper has always gone on and on about the value of having many colors on your plate, which Antone, Vinny & whatshername (sorry ) must know. Also, portobellas are often used as a meat substitute, so I found the pairing a little odd.

I would have never have attempted Chris' chicken dish in the time allotted, but going by what I saw regarding her attitude about the challenge, I'd say she just didn't care and/or couldn't be bothered to put forth a winning effort. Same with Jeremy. He was just more obvious about it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think that winning the cooking challenge was important for Chris because she was thinking about how much it would cost to fix her leaky roof. Chris and Santa need money. At least Chris doesn't hurt others... use others... which is what Conda does.
    Good point...as much as I don't like Chris' attitude, she has not tried to skewer others along the way.

I think with all the venom spewed by a select group of contestants this season, we are not seeing how the others are relating to each other.My question will never be answered but I am curious as to how this group of idiots selected each other to become an alliance.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    April 10th episode is 1 hr also

Michelle Obama discusses health and fitness w/ the 6 remaining players and meets w/ their families. She also joins the gang for a workout at the White House. Elsewhere, Bob counsels a player who turns to food for comfort.

ugh...who still does this? ^ Who is still this dumb at this point??
    It wouldn't surprise me if it's Conda or Chris that turns to food for comfort. Conda isn't in this for the health benefit so she is more than likely to fall faster and Chris hasn't dealt with the emotional issues she has to be able to overcome it.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it's Conda or Chris that turns to food for comfort. Conda isn't in this for the health benefit so she is more than likely to fall faster and Chris hasn't dealt with the emotional issues she has to be able to overcome it.
    Well...IF it is "Bob" and they are sticking with their 'team trainer', it'd have to be one of them. I'm with ya thinkin' dumb@$$ conda tho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast