+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 10 - 03/06/12

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 10 - 03/06/12

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wonder with Cassandra gone will Emily have a total breakdown. Let's hope so. I want Chris to stay so she can get a new roof on her house, new windows and new plumbing.
    I am wondering if Jillian had stayed would she have any better luck changing some of these ladies attitudes? The whinning alone is enough to drive anyone batty.
    There is no way Chris can win this. The sooner she is off the show the more money she can earn to do the repairs. For some reason their story didn't touch me. I saw two low energy people without a lot of ambition. Not being mean here, just telling how their segment struck me.

It was brilliant of Conda to go and tell her alliance of the plan. Nothing toxic about that. Go girl. She is in a good position. I love the game play aspect. When it goes to singles next week the strong red alliance will fare well.
    AJane likes this.

I think Jillian would have eaten those ladies on the black team for breakfast!

Starting to like Jeremy less and less. When they first switched and he basically called the black team crybabies and to get over it, it wasn't the end of the world... Does HE not remember how upset HE was when he got switched to the red team and Dolvett? Hippocrite. Even tho I agree change is good...still...don't be a prick about it!

I really liked that Bob sat and talked with Buddy...that was more like the real BL and what it's about. Altho, I think it was more of Bob being nosey than 'helping' him. He already had his revelation....

I knew it was going to be a good show at the ballet school when Chris was whining she is "petrified of dancing in front of people...period". Really? 4 other gals and Dolvett? So, I was happy she ended up with the "go in and have fun with it" attitude. I think having Dolvett do it too helped because if he could do it....

I was annoyed at the producers this show too. This is the FIRST week I feel they could have gotten rid of Conda, and they pulled that 'new' stunt and had the other team in control of voting off the other team. I think they have used that tactic before, but they don't use it every season. They knew if black team lost (which, was a good possibility with all women on the team), they'd send her home. Figuring they want Conda's drama for ratings, they'd switch the voting control knowing red team wouldn't send Conda home. So...I blame them for it...I thought the timing of doing this was very convenient.

I do agree red team cheated a bit with Kim telling her team where the weights were in the mud...but, they didn't show black team doing the same; so we don't know if they did too or not? They really like to edit to favor one team or person or alliance this season it seems. During that challenge, it didn't seem to me that Conda was in any big hurry to win. She knew she was safe either way.

Like Dol said, he needed more time w/ the black team. Their mental "omg" state did them in all week...from Day 1 of that week. Shame...

Only couple/teams left are: Kim/Emily, Megan/Kimmy and Jer/Conda. I was REALLY suprised to learn Kim was NOT in on the Conda/Buddy/Mark alliance. I thought she was? Guess this makes Kim expendable to the red team...and, I think (after voting) Kim has figured out exactly who is in alliance with who.

This episode really made me see the strong bond between Em and Cass. No wonder they get along so well...they are so alike. Both with self confidence issues...nervous wrecks! Hopefully this show will help them with that....even tho Em seems to have trouble letting some of the stuff 'go'.

Kim claimed Chris & Megan were slacking all week. What about Conda? We didn't see any of her working out? But, I guess since Kim has figured out Conda isn't "with" the ladies for alliance, she wouldn't hesitate to vote her out now?

Mark, Kimmy, Kim and Cass are all getting smaller....and harder to lose weight. They shouldn't expect those big numbers anymore. Only person I can see w/ those big #s is Jer and maybe Buddy. They're the biggest guys left. I almost thought Mark was trying to throw it to go home "legit" after Chism. At the weigh in, I never saw a contestant tell their team they don't think they can beat the other team on the scale. Again, Em's self confidence getting in her own way. Hasn't she ever heard of the 'power of positive thinking"??

Thought Megan's comment was funny. "-1? I can lose more than that taking a poop!" Maybe it'll motivate her next week.

Had to be the FIRST weigh in that Conda didn't shed 1 tear. Know why? Cuz she knew she was safe. She knew it all week and slacked because of it too. I hated that smug look on her face. People that work hard and want/earn/deserve to be there, should be. Slackers and less motivated should be voted out. She freely admitted she had 'no pressure' cuz she wasn't going home this week. ggrrrrr

Now the red team knows where Kim stands when she defended Cass at the kitchen table before elimination. So, now red team will target Kim as a threat because she is strong.

I had no idea Kimmy was close to Conda. She better be careful because she will send her packing first chance she gets to because she isn't in Conda's alliance. Altho, Kimmy is not as big a threat as Kim is. Kim knew Buddy's vote before he revealed Cass' name. I think Kim (& the red team) learned a LOT this eliminaton/show....going to be very interesting going singles. Let the alliances be revealed now!
    Last edited by Ryansmom; 03-07-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I think Jillian would have eaten those ladies on the black team for breakfast!

Starting to like Jeremy less and less. When they first switched and he basically called the black team crybabies and to get over it, it wasn't the end of the world... Does HE not remember how upset HE was when he got switched to the red team and Dolvett? Hippocrite. Even tho I agree change is good...still...don't be a prick about it!

I really liked that Bob sat and talked with Buddy...that was more like the real BL and what it's about. Altho, I think it was more of Bob being nosey than 'helping' him. He already had his revelation....

I knew it was going to be a good show at the ballet school when Chris was whining she is "petrified of dancing in front of people...period". Really? 4 other gals and Dolvett? So, I was happy she ended up with the "go in and have fun with it" attitude. I think having Dolvett do it too helped because if he could do it....

I was annoyed at the producers this show too. This is the FIRST week I feel they could have gotten rid of Conda, and they pulled that 'new' stunt and had the other team in control of voting off the other team. I think they have used that tactic before, but they don't use it every season. They knew if black team lost (which, was a good possibility with all women on the team), they'd send her home. Figuring they want Conda's drama for ratings, they'd switch the voting control knowing red team wouldn't send Conda home. So...I blame them for it...I thought the timing of doing this was very convenient.

I do agree red team cheated a bit with Kim telling her team where the weights were in the mud...but, they didn't show black team doing the same; so we don't know if they did too or not? They really like to edit to favor one team or person or alliance this season it seems. During that challenge, it didn't seem to me that Conda was in any big hurry to win. She knew she was safe either way.

Like Dol said, he needed more time w/ the black team. Their mental "omg" state did them in all week...from Day 1 of that week. Shame...

Only couple/teams left are: Kim/Emily, Megan/Kimmy and Jer/Conda. I was REALLY suprised to learn Kim was NOT in on the Conda/Buddy/Mark alliance. I thought she was? Guess this makes Kim expendable to the red team...and, I think (after voting) Kim has figured out exactly who is in alliance with who.

This episode really made me see the strong bond between Em and Cass. No wonder they get along so well...they are so alike. Both with self confidence issues...nervous wrecks! Hopefully this show will help them with that....even tho Em seems to have trouble letting some of the stuff 'go'.

Kim claimed Chris & Megan were slacking all week. What about Conda? We didn't see any of her working out? But, I guess since Kim has figured out Conda isn't "with" the ladies for alliance, she wouldn't hesitate to vote her out now?

Mark, Kimmy, Kim and Cass are all getting smaller....and harder to lose weight. They shouldn't expect those big numbers anymore. Only person I can see w/ those big #s is Jer and maybe Buddy. They're the biggest guys left. I almost thought Mark was trying to throw it to go home "legit" after Chism. At the weigh in, I never saw a contestant tell their team they don't think they can beat the other team on the scale. Again, Em's self confidence getting in her own way. Hasn't she ever heard of the 'power of positive thinking"??

Thought Megan's comment was funny. "-1? I can lose more than that taking a poop!" Maybe it'll motivate her next week.

Had to be the FIRST weigh in that Conda didn't shed 1 tear. Know why? Cuz she knew she was safe. She knew it all week and slacked because of it too. I hated that smug look on her face. People that work hard and want/earn/deserve to be there, should be. Slackers and less motivated should be voted out. She freely admitted she had 'no pressure' cuz she wasn't going home this week. ggrrrrr

Now the red team knows where Kim stands when she defended Cass at the kitchen table before elimination. So, now red team will target Kim as a threat because she is strong.

I had no idea Kimmy was close to Conda. She better be careful because she will send her packing first chance she gets to because she isn't in Conda's alliance. Altho, Kimmy is not as big a threat as Kim is. Kim knew Buddy's vote before he revealed Cass' name. I think Kim (& the red team) learned a LOT this eliminaton/show....going to be very interesting going singles. Let the alliances be revealed now!
    Kimmy has mentioned several times that she is very close to Conda, that Conda is like a second daughter to her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

I realize that there is all kinds of stuff going on that either ends up on the cutting room floor OR it never makes it on camera in the first place, however, the only season that has been worse than this season so far as unlikable people was the season of Vicky and Heba. Last night I thought all of the contestants seemed a little less annoying. That being said, what is wrong with these people? While I have never thought that it was especially smart to think that these people would actually be able to keep weight off that they lose so fast and in such an unnatural environment, I can't help but think that this group just isn't being as fastidious as in the past regarding what they eat or how they work out when not being pushed by a trainer. Their weight loss hasn't been as consistent or as impressive. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe it's a really bad thing. Hard to know without knowing exactly why they haven't been as quick to lose.

Conda would have such a HUGE target on her back were I given the means to remove her. She really wouldn't even have any competition. She really comes across as just a toxic personality. What are we missing? Is there some redeeming quality that we aren't being shown, or are these people completely lacking in discernment?

I am just wondering if to the contestants Conda does not come across as unpleasant as she does to us viewers?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My guess is that she's worse, but she's already established that she can get rid of people, so they're scared of her (especially timid people like Chris and Emily). I was really annoyed that she didn't even bother to give a little speech like the rest of the black team--not doing so was another power tactic on her part. I bet a lot of them wish they'd kicked her off long ago, before she gained so much clout in the house.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't know about them wanting to get rid of Conda. She's manipulative so she's great to hide behind... letting her do the dirty work and take the flak. Also, she's hardly a threat... she just isn't willing to work hard. I'm sure that is partially why Buddy and especially Mark teamed up with her in the first place.
    How did I miss that it was Kim who approached Conda? (Must have been while I was grabbing a snack... I assumed it was one of the other girls naturally) That make things a little more interesting. How I'm assuming it breaks down:

Buddy, Mark, Conda and Jeremy and Kimmy?

Kim, Emily, Megan

Chris

You'd think Kim, Emily, and Megan would be a tad nicer to Chris since they need her... and needed her just as much when they had Cass.

Bob and Buddy. Someone asked why Bob would ask Buddy about his story if we already knew it. I expect it's a typical Bob thing, trying to be buddybuddy with Buddy so if Buddy wins, he'll get some credit. Don't get me wrong, I kind of adore Bob, but he has a couple of things that bug me. First, he doesn't encourage his team to be self-reliant enough and second, he wants to win more than ANYthing. I guess I'm not surprised that he's a competitive sort of guy, but Buddy is on Dolvett's team. If Buddy wins, it's a Dolvett win. (It was really stupid when the winner rambled on about Bob last season, and I don't want to see that happen again).

side note: 1000th post... I hope it was an ok one.
    GabbyG likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good post, spockwhat! Congrats on hitting 1000! Thanks for posting the "teams"--it makes it obvious the women's team has little chance--they can only get rid of a guy if two of the bigger team fall below the yellow line together.

I don't think we saw Kim approach Conda--we just saw Conda telling guys ... although there was some quick crosstalk at the start about alliances so I might have missed it.

I actually think Chris is safe for a while. She often loses decently so not sooo likely to be below the line, AND she's not a big threat to win, so if she's below the yellow line with Kim, Em or Megan they may go first. Kim and Em would both go before her because they are threats.
    Based on history the two below the line should be Conda and Megan, so Megan's at risk as well, unless people finally decide they've had enough of Conda--which doesn't seem likely. The only way Conda goes is if she's below the line with a teammate, like Kimmy (certainly possible as she is also a low loser). Even so, she has a supportive vote from her brother for sure, and she proved her loyalty by spilling the beans to the menfolk, so I'm guessing Kimmy would go--So much for your show "daughter", Kimmy!

The big risk for Conda would be being below the line with one of the men--and these game players would probably keep Conda over a fellow male to improve their own odds--Plus she is Kimmy's "daughter" and Jeremy's sister.

Sadly, even if those not in her gang all wanted to get her off it would be hard for them to do--if she were up against one of the men would they really not try to take out the guy? We may be stuck with Conda until the F3.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I don't think we saw Kim approach Conda--we just saw Conda telling guys ... although there was some quick crosstalk at the start about alliances so I might have missed it.
    I just went back and checked... Em, Kim and Cass were in the trainer's room (Em was icing her knees, Cass was covered w/ a blanket and Kim was sitting there) and Conda said "Emily, Kim and Cassandra approached me about a 4 girl finale". So, no...they didn't show us the actual approach to Conda.

FORT Fan

Bring on singles! I'm so tired of seeing Conda so smug and confidant....without a care in the world of being voted out. I agree with PWS that unfortunately we may be stuck with Conda til F3, but at least there's the chance of her dropping below the yellow line as singles. It'd be nice to see her at least have a moment or two of nervousness about getting voted out.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

+ Reply to Thread