+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

I haven't watched this show in about 2 years, but I used to be a big fan. I got sick of how I saw the coaches abuse the contestants verbally and physically. (Obese people already have enough stress on their joints and bones and don't need an extra 150 pounds added by a coach riding on their back. And they don't need the abuse to their bodies that caused stress fractures. All of these antics were crazy stupid IMO and I had to walk away from the show.)

I used to also resent how the producers would put twists into it that were unfair and caused some hardworking contestants a disadvantage. SO, when I heard of the recent boycott by the contestants, it caught my eye. Were they justified? Just because they are meanies doesn't mean they might have been abused by the show. You think? A part of me wondered if the producers deserved it. I'm not privy to the politics of the show this season, but is there any support for these boycotters?

CCL

No, no support of the boycotting contestants from what I've seen. I don't think this bunch have been abused by the show and they're a bunch of jerks anyhow. Their reason for their walking out was because the showrunners dared to bring back some old contestants and they objected to that (because it meant that their chance of winning the money was lower); it wasn't because of anything exercise or trainer-related. This is all speculation, anyhow, as the producers haven't made any announcement of what is going on, it's all "sources say". They probably brought back Daphne or her brother again - the contestants had an irrational hatred of the two - which caused things to go amok (and which would make me happy). Get rid of the lot of them and bring back some of the evictees, I say.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-23-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    So the only 'snack food' that they have is bread, and no butter? How much bread would they have to eat every day to gain weight?
    Bread can cause immediate weight gain if you've been cutting your carbs (ask me how I know!). Some of it is water, and some of it is just your body's reaction to the sudden increase in carbs. If you want to transition off a low-carb diet, they always instruct you to proceed very slowly while your body readjusts.

FORT Regular

I am at the point of not watching anymore. I have enough going on in my life that I am not up to watching these people bully each other. I think that Dolvett gets a charge out of the way Conda behaves. That's not helpful for her or anyone else. This week he yelled at Daphne in the weigh-in when Conda got in her face and was the aggressor. I think he's bought in to the drama. Sad, just sad.

I also noticed that Bob has not done his usual routine of trying to find out what is bugging his individual contestants. It wouldn't surprise me if he saw how they behaved and decided to forget it because he just doesn't care enough to help them. He did try with Chris and Daphne (to no avail), but usually by this time he's caused a breakthrough with someone.

I still am just amazed that Mark and Buddy behave as they do. I certainly wouldn't want to put a child or myself in either of their congregations if that is their normal behavior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Bread can cause immediate weight gain if you've been cutting your carbs (ask me how I know!). Some of it is water, and some of it is just your body's reaction to the sudden increase in carbs. If you want to transition off a low-carb diet, they always instruct you to proceed very slowly while your body readjusts.
    Thank you for the tip! They likely don't have butter or vegetable oil at the ranch. They likely don't have salad dressing since it contains so much oil. They probably have spray on oil. They could have sprayed some of that on the bread. A couple of weeks ago I saw one of the contestants eating a deli-type bun sandwich, so at least some of the contestants eat bread.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom View Post
    I am at the point of not watching anymore. I have enough going on in my life that I am not up to watching these people bully each other. I think that Dolvett gets a charge out of the way Conda behaves. That's not helpful for her or anyone else. This week he yelled at Daphne in the weigh-in when Conda got in her face and was the aggressor. I think he's bought in to the drama. Sad, just sad. I also noticed that Bob has not done his usual routine of trying to find out what is bugging his individual contestants. It wouldn't surprise me if he saw how they behaved and decided to forget it because he just doesn't care enough to help them. He did try with Chris and Daphne (to no avail), but usually by this time he's caused a breakthrough with someone.
    Dolvett tried to get through to Conda at the ranch and at her home, but Conda can't be helped. Her problems are way too severe. She's never going to change her bullying ways. Bob tried to get through to Daphne... but to help Daphne, he would actually have to get through to Conda and her alliance... which isn't possible. Bob stated that Conda has enormous influence in the house: Daphne never had a chance anyway.

FORT Fogey

I started muting Conda during the first episode, soon after she started talking for the first time. I quickly realized that she's toxic. I have no interest in hearing anything she has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    No, no support of the boycotting contestants from what I've seen. I don't think this bunch have been abused by the show and they're a bunch of jerks anyhow. Their reason for their walking out was because the showrunners dared to bring back some old contestants and they objected to that (because it meant that their chance of winning the money was lower); it wasn't because of anything exercise or trainer-related. This is all speculation, anyhow, as the producers haven't made any announcement of what is going on, it's all "sources say". They probably brought back Daphne or her brother again - the contestants had an irrational hatred of the two - which caused things to go amok (and which would make me happy). Get rid of the lot of them and bring back some of the evictees, I say.
    I don't think they've brought back Daphne. She posted on her facebook page today, thanking everybody for their support.

The "Biggest Loser" has trimmed some serious fat ... TMZ has learned TWO of the contestants who walked off the set this week have been cut loose for good ... and the show will continue without them.

TMZ has obtained photos taken today at the "Loser" ranch ... where production has resumed following a mass mutiny this week. TMZ broke the story ... several competitors stormed off the show in protest after getting word about a possible game "twist" that would give previously eliminated losers a shot at the $250k prize.

Sources connected to the show tell us ... producers are considering using the mutiny as a story point.

NBC is still refusing to comment on the situation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I know this too!

+ Reply to Thread