+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Chris probably got on his nerves with her whining. Megan is interesting. They've never really focused on her (which made me think she must be nice. ) but last night she was among the evil crew so....
    Megan rolled her eyes so much she was starting to look a bit loopy. I really wonder how these people will feel when they look back on all of this...

I'm surprised he mentioned Chism. Perhaps Chism is quite a nice kid and just following along with his buddy Jeremy.
    Shoepie and jenniferboston1 like this.

CCL

Chism (or chasm as the autocorrect would have him...interesting) seemed overly concerned about being separated from Jeremy last night and about Jeremy's subsequent plight. I thought he was going to pledge his love almost; wouldn't be the first BL couple. Though I would have to judge him on his choice.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I don't know what is going on but on the season 13 wiki page they have the women all on the Pink Team and all the men on the Blue Team from week 8 onward.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Do you think they may have wanted to dilute the colors in order to make a point? lol

Just watched the show. Conda is revolting, and that's the nicest thing I could think of to say to her.

Daphne should have owned up to her part right away, but she was right it was supposed to be anonymous and what did everyone expect. Someone was going to eat and take the power and you bet your butt that person would p*** someone else off. They act like Daphne was a horrible person for game playing then turn around and do it themselves. They blame her for not owning up to her gameplay while they all act confused on the scale as one by one they have a crappy weigh in.

What in the world does this snake of a person do to have so much control in this group? It's absolutely disgusting.

I thought this show was about losing weight and being motivational, not about middle-school drama and bullying. UGH

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Just watched the show. Conda is revolting, and that's the nicest thing I could think of to say to her. Daphne should have owned up to her part right away, but she was right it was supposed to be anonymous and what did everyone expect. Someone was going to eat and take the power and you bet your butt that person would p*** someone else off. They act like Daphne was a horrible person for game playing then turn around and do it themselves. They blame her for not owning up to her gameplay while they all act confused on the scale as one by one they have a crappy weigh in. What in the world does this snake of a person do to have so much control in this group? It's absolutely disgusting. I thought this show was about losing weight and being motivational, not about middle-school drama and bullying. UGH
    This season hasn't been about losing weight. Of course the most recent week has been about intentionally gaining weight. I don't know why Bob talked Daphne into admitting that she ate the peanut butter cups... since they were going to vote Daphne off whether she admitted it or not. So the only 'snack food' that they have is bread, and no butter? How much bread would they have to eat every day to gain weight? Why did they show Alison making faces while Daphne was eating the peanut butter cups? They must have told her to make faces for dramatic purposes. Bob should get the balck team to admit that they intentionally threw the weigh-in to get Daphne voted off. The producers/film editors tried to portray Daphne as the villain, but it didn't work. Conda is the villain.

FORT Fogey

^^^ Daphne I don't like this woman, not one bit.

Finished watching the show yesterday and I just don't know why to say at this point. I just don't understand why there has to be so much ugliness and selfishness. It is to the point that there isn't I really want to vote for. They all have portrayed an ugly side to them, some lesser than others.

Cassandra made the stupidest decision! She was the top looser and now she is tied for third.

This cast is not very likable at all.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Daphne definitely reacted emotionally when switching that vile woman and her brother, and perhaps she should have owned up to it immediately, but honestly she was going one way or the other as far as they were all concerned. The only way she could have stayed would be to be the biggest loser on the black team, but honestly I think at that point she wanted out of the ranch. It seems like such a toxic atmosphere and she does have a pretty significant medical issue with the tachycardia that could be impacted by stress. Seems she is doing well at home and has lost 70 lbs, which is fantastic.

It bugged also that they were so irate with her for reacting the way she did and not admitting it, then they turn around and deliberately sabotage the black team, without Bob's knowledge, and pretend that it's puzzling how they failed to lose much weight or even gained weight for the week. That's hypocritical and makes them look really dumb.

Bob's take on the whole cast:

The Clicker - 'Biggest Loser' trainer Bob slams contestants as 'bullies'

All that backstabbing, eye rolling, verbal attacks and just plain bad behavior viewers are seeing from the players on "The Biggest Loser" this season? Yeah, trainer Bob Harper is noticing it too. He's not pleased at all, and he's calling it like it is.

"Bullies, they're bullies," Harper told Radar Online.

That this latest batch of contestants is less than inspiring is hardly news to fans of the show, who have loudly complained about the bullying -- led by Conda (or as our readers often refer to her, AnaConda) -- being allowed to continue. And they're tired of it.

"I need encouragement to lose weight, tips and practical helps. I don't need to see bullies at work," wrote reader Rebecca Bugg on our Facebook page.
    "This is the most (sickening group) of people biggest loser has ever had," wrote Earl Edgar Hodgson.

"The producers have played up the role of Conda, an admitted villian," wrote John Moynihan. "Now it's just two hours of commercials interrupted by petty bickering among angry, unhappy fat people. Where are the moments when a player 'gets it'? What about the uplifting stories of people who are changing their lives? All of it is lost in the hatefulness. I say no thanks. I hope the show survives to see better days."

Harper, who has been with the show since it kicked off in 2004, agreed with the viewer assessments. "It's nasty and it's tough," he told Radar of the current season.

But even with all the baddies ruining the game, the trainer admitted that he does like some of the players. "Emily, Cassandra, Chism, I love them, they're really fantastic," he told Radar. Harper also said he likes Buddy, but "the rest of them, they're nasty!"

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It seems like such a toxic atmosphere and she does have a pretty significant medical issue with the tachycardia that could be impacted by stress. Seems she is doing well at home and has lost 70 lbs, which is fantastic.
    You actually make a great point! Bullying is toxic and can cause health issues, which makes it even more disgusting that NBC allowed the bullying to go on like that!

+ Reply to Thread