+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

I just read on TMZ that the contestants are threatening to walk off the show because the producers are considering bringing back other contestants. TPTB were not happy with last nights weigh in. Will be interesting to see how this plays out
    There's no place like home!

I like a reality villain as much as the next girl, but last night was nearly unwatchable. The only part I enjoyed was seeing Jeremy and Conda throw their petulant tantrums because someone finally turned on THEM. Jeremy literally sticks his lower lip out! I haven't seen that since my kids were toddlers.

If Daphne had sat down and planned this out, she could have upset the Toxic Twins and stacked a team in her favor, too. Her excuse that she wanted to stay with Bob was about as believable as the black teams' excuses for why they gained weight.

I really wonder where the show's psychologists were when this cast was chosen. Not only do we have many nasty personalities--some who border on sociopaths--but there are others who I'm afraid are going to have a nervous breakdown on the show. Chris, obviously, but did you see Cassandra's hands shaking when she picked up the pizza? And then her freakout on the scale--some of these people seem to fragile to be in that house.

TMZ posting problems on the set recently.

I do NOT like Conda, love Emily....I feel sorry for the Aqua team. Especially Daphne. So not fair they started a month? after everyone else? They didn't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I just read on TMZ that the contestants are threatening to walk off the show because the producers are considering bringing back other contestants. TPTB were not happy with last nights weigh in. Will be interesting to see how this plays out
    Don't blame them either. It's gotten away from losing weight. (I just finished watching it) I could tell Bob was beyond pissed at the weigh in once he figured out what they did...and, it didn't take him long either. Just wait black team...now you have nobody to blame for the stress/drama that's going to be in the house...oh wait..that's right..you KEPT Conda. Couldn't believe that...

My take on the week was everyone complained about the drama/stress. Aside from Daphne not admitting she switched the 2 evils, what other stress/drama was there? None they showed us anyway. When it comes back to black team, guess we know who to blame.

I can't believe the black team would be SO against Daph for what she did. After all, last week they were "all" good. Supported her and there was no bad vibe w/ the black team last week. Aside from losing Jeremy and her not admitting, what was the black team so stressed and pissed about? Methinks Conda had a hand in that poisioning against Daphne.

I don't know if I'm glad or upset they didn't show Chris' reaction to Roy being sent home. I guess she's "okay" with it since they didn't show her reaction?

I don't think Jeremy is going to lose a bunch of weight OR keep it off. I saw the look on his face at the temptation "wheel of food". Altho he didn't eat, when the cameras aren't on him, I know he woulda.

I felt bad for Cassandra eating that pizza. I have never seen anyone SHAKE eating before! She really had a hard time and I hope she remembers that at home and makes wise decisions after the ranch. I was glad they filled the plates of pcups back so as to not reveal they were all just about eaten!

After the challenge, Jeremy figured out who ate the most just about right away. He called her out on it and Alison had a surprised look on her face. It was easy to figure out who won...the non-expressive look on Daph's face said it all. She was the ONLY one with NO reaction to the results of the temptation. Sure, Michael won and switched a bunch of people back when. Which proves you *may* WIN Biggest Loser, but you will NOT make friends in the process! When Jeremy found out he was switched to red team, way to swear little man Nasty mouth on that boy. And Conda was actually smiling....until she found out she was NOT on her brother's team. Poor thing By that point, it was obvious it was Daph.

I didn't like at the table they were all saying what they ate...basically having to FORCE Daph into admitting something that was supposed to be anonymous. That was low in my opinion. But, like mentioned...the black team was NO better for lying at each of their weigh ins that they threw it. I felt Daph was attacked at the table, and Emily was the only one who felt bad for her. Good for her.

Jeremy should have been happy to go to a strong team...yet, he cried about it? Going to a losing team? He was finally off a team of mostly girls and could be with other stronger guys that can keep him/them out of elimination room. And then Conda crying because she wasn't with Dolvett and he knows her and...and... ENOUGH OF THE FREAKIN TEARS! I'll be happy to see her go just because of that! Jeez! I agree with whoever said Jeremy was upset because it felt like Day 1 all over again...starting new. Yep..that's Daph's shoe size. How's it fit?

These people need to heed their trainer's advice. They are there to lose weight, not make friends. Get over it and get working. Who cares about everything else?

When Chris, Chism and Megan (maybe?) were in the hall talking and Daph came up to them, by the way the conversation was going, I think she realized what she did to the overall team. THAT was her opportunity to come clean. Maybe if she had then, the outcome woulda been different. Then again, they only had a week to plan to throw the weigh in, so maybe even that would have been too late? But, either way, that scene was her chance...

I agree w/ holding Chism out during challenge, even tho he is good at puzzles and has already proved that. But, he was so vague with his commands and then even admitted to having no clue. Poor team didn't have a chance. Their puzzle was completely upsidedown by the end.

Complaining must run in Conda's family. Jeremy complained at least twice about the hike to Subway. I was ready to smack him. Yet another reason I don't think he is going to be successful with his journey.

Daph had their # at the weigh in right away. She knew they were sitting around and eating bread and such... One thing that struck me was she claimed they 'didn't do their homework', yet Daph was accused of that too. So, it was obvious to her earlier on.

I knew it was going to be good when I still had a half hour to watch and we only had 1 team to weigh in. Chris was genuinely happy with her 5lbs. And, good for her. She wasn't "in" on the throw and worked her butt off (which made her biggest loser that week). I was happy for her too! That might be the "plus" to not being in the alliance. She can work and win immunity every week the team chooses to throw weigh in (IF they would try to get rid of Conda). Emily is her only competition then because she said she wouldn't let Conda influence her again.

Megan, Chism, Cassandra, Emily....all used the "diet/i don't know what happened" excuse. All the time, Bob getting more and more pissed off. I was glad they called them out on the throw and even happier to see Dolvett get involved. "For a season of no excuses....."

I WAS glad Emily was pissed she let Conda influence her goal. I hope she remembers that and parks the karma bus at Conda's door next time black goes to elimination. Maybe throwing the weigh in WAS Conda's idea to get revenge for switching her & Jer?

Loved Daph picked up on black team's excuses. She even said "for a season of no excuses, black team sure has a lot of 'em" lol

I about choked when Conda was on the scale and put her excuse out there "...something toxic going on in the house...." Really? Sounds like an EXCUSE to me?!

I do wish Daphne would have lost the most and been safe. But then, they would have sent Chris home. The stress she was dealing with certainly didn't help her that week (with a plus 2) Hopefully they figure it out soon and get rid of her...especially if they realize she doesn't lose as much as Chris. Daphne even called her out saying Conda didn't work as hard in the gym as she should be at week 8. (not that she should be paying attention either..she should worry about herself) I liked that Bob did come out in Daph's defense (sorta) at the weigh in. Mentioning she was behind the 8 ball coming back. And pointing out she lost a boatload of weight at home where there were NO DISTRACTIONS. She lost 45lbs which is more than some that have been on the ranch all that time. Good for him...prolly made Daph feel better.

I hope Bob kicks their you know what's next week and holds them responsible for throwing the weigh in. 7 people lose 12lbs in week 8 of being on the ranch? Must be some record because it just doesn't happen unless you make it.

I hate that Conda feels like she needs to have the last word all the time. People like that are annoying and I can't wait to see how she reacts and what she does/says when she's on the way out.

In the end, Daphne got her revenge. She switched the teams (a bit) and has now left the black team weaker. 5 women and 1 guy. I don't see them winning many more weigh ins. And, with that many losses on the horizon, our favorite pain in the a** won't last much longer. She will be trying to hang on by her nails. Sure, she may convince black to send Chris home first, but if she wins immunity, you can bet your butt the next person in the chopping block line is Conda.
    Last edited by Ryansmom; 02-22-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I think it's just as wrong to change the rules to benefit the aqua team because of their race. Conda and crew were awful to them but it didn't seem to have anything to do with race so why bring it into the equation?
    Michelle who won season 6 is Hispanic (? not sure exactly what her race is but you could say non-white, surely) and they've had lots of (rather popular) non-white players in the past. In the seasons I've been watching I've never seen anyone voted out based on their race.

Despite what she said, I don't think Daphne's actions had anything to do with her wanting to keep Bob. She wanted to mess with Conda (and, in turn, her brother). Which she did. Personally, if I disliked someone so much, I'd make darn sure they were on the opposite team so that I didn't have to deal with them all the time.
    Thank you, thank you a voice of reason speaks out.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Yeah, right, like the contestants run the show? Please the rules are in place before filming starts for the season if the producers want to bring back people that is their prerogative. Besides the contestants sign contracts. They have no rights as far as the show is concerned.

'Biggest Loser' -- Contestants Throw Weight Around, Threaten to Quit Show | TMZ.com

Home 'Biggest Loser' -- Contestants Throw Weight Around, Threaten to Quit Show
    2/22/2012 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF.'Biggest Loser' Contestants
    Throw Weight Around,
    Threaten to Quit Show

There's a big, fat problem on the set of "The Biggest Loser" -- TMZ has learned nearly all of the remaining contestants have walked off the show and are threatening to quit after learning about a secret "twist" that could seriously affect their shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Multiple sources connected with the show tell us ... the mutiny took place this week ... when the losers got word that producers were considering bringing back previous contestants to compete for the grand prize.

We're told most of the current contestants were pissed -- feeling it was unfair that prior losers would get a second bite at the apple ... so they banded together and decided to protest by walking off the show in the middle of shooting an episode.

Sources tell us ... show honchos have shut down production for at least a week while they figure out how to handle the situation.

A rep for NBC had no comment on the situation.

You know; let them. Let all the current contestants walk off (bet Conda is behind this) and bring back all the previous contestants that have been voted off. Go ahead make my day and do it. If nothing else Conda and Kim will be off my TV screen and Santa will be back.
    NFL1, captain and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Biggest Loser has been on 13 seasons and the producers started bringing back eliminated players since season 5 when Ali Vincent won. Bringing back eliminated players in not a new strategy for this show so I don't get why the players should be getting that upset it is part of the game.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Thank you, thank you a voice of reason speaks out.
    ^^^ I agree on that also. There's plenty to hate here about Conda and company so why bring in made up issues?

On to the hate:

First of all, the trainers. Bob was pissed that his team threw the challenge but he should have been more outspoken. Dolvett jumping on Daphne made me want to puke... it's time for Dolvett to stop trying to protect the bullies (Kim and Conda) and to call them out firm. Where the heck is Jillian when we need her? Does anyone think she would be putting up with THIS bullcrap? Not bloody likely. Conda would be crying tears of blood from the pain Jillian would be putting her through and would have no time to plot because she'd be passed out from exhaustion. Jillian certainly wouldn't be coddling her they way she's been coddled. By EVERYone.

"All the stress". TWO people got switched. You'd think the world fell apart and the most tragic of tragedies had happened by TWO people being switched. Get real. Even with a team of mostly women, which Jillian has had before, she simply would have put their noses to the grindstone and proved they can win. Which she has. Bob, stop allowing your contestants to wallow in their self-pity and drama. It's annoying as hell.

As for the contestants, it's simply pitiful to see them dragged into the devices of Conda and her brother and to act like the bullies that they claim they have dealt with growing up. Cassandra, I'm talking to you here. Does it boost your self-esteem to be mean to people? And the drama over the slice of pepperoni pizza made me want to throw up. Word: pepperoni pizza is delicious. I'm thin and I eat it and I LOVE it. So screw you and your dramatic shaky hands like you're holding a loaded gun. Also, screw you and your journal of self-pity.

I almost felt sorry for Kim when she was talking about her daughter, blah, blah, blah. But I refuse to buy into any redemption arcs the producers might throw at us. Too little too late. And how does Kim warrant a phone call home and no one else does? Did she win a challenge? No. She's just one of the two of Dolvett's little pets... and Dolvett is desperate to get Kim acting nice. You can't change a bully by being nice to them, Dolvett. Once again, need a little Jillian here.

Finally, I'm tired of seeing defeated contestants when they leave. Santa was defeated even before he left. He knew no fight could change the outcome. Chris has already claimed defeat and she knows where she stands with this group. I think that's why I liked seeing Daphne doing her stupid move. She knew she was defeated but didn't tuck her tail between her legs and slink away the way the rest did. She decided to take herself out of the game and held her head high the whole way.

As for the TMZ thing, I hope they tell those contestants that if they don't like it, fine. They will just bring back people who have been voted out and let them duke it out for the big prize. The rest of the whiny babies can go home and cry onto their shakily held slices of pepperoni pizza.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 02-22-2012 at 11:54 AM.

FORT Fogey

Oh goody. More drama. Bring it on!

+ Reply to Thread