+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    It's going to be a hard pill to swallow, isn't it? At first, I thought I really didn't want to watch it, but I think I'll give it a try. They're going to have a hard time convincing me with any kind of redemption arcs... but I'll keep an open mind about it.
    I watched Conda at home, and wasn't moved by her story. There are people who come from much worse backgrounds who end up kind and considerate. I think Conda was born the way she is. I think maybe I'll skip the at-home portion of the show with the other contestants. Other than Chris, the remaining contestants are villains. The good guys won't be back until the finale when they have the at-home winner. Other than Chris, I don't care whether or not the remaining contestants lose weight. I won't be cheering them on. I'll continue to watch the show for storyline purposes. Also, I have never liked 'Survivor.' They starve on a bowl of rice every day, and I've seen contestants sleeping outside in the rain and shivering.

FORT Fogey

People tend to hang out with those who are similar to them... so, those in Conda's clique are similar to her... but Conda is the queen bee.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I watched Conda at home, and wasn't moved by her story. There are people who come from much worse backgrounds who end up kind and considerate. I think Conda was born the way she is. I think maybe I'll skip the at-home portion of the show with the other contestants. Other than Chris, the remaining contestants are villains. The good guys won't be back until the finale when they have the at-home winner. Other than Chris, I don't care whether or not the remaining contestants lose weight. I won't be cheering them on. I'll continue to watch the show for storyline purposes. Also, I have never liked 'Survivor.' They starve on a bowl of rice every day, and I've seen contestants sleeping outside in the rain and shivering.
    I remember thinking the same thing when she was whining about her tragic background to Dolvett...whose story is far worse than hers, yet look how far he's come. He must have had to really grit his teeth! It's sad that she's so thick-headed she can't look at others as an inspiration.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I remember thinking the same thing when she was whining about her tragic background to Dolvett...whose story is far worse than hers, yet look how far he's come. He must have had to really grit his teeth! It's sad that she's so thick-headed she can't look at others as an inspiration.
    They had Conda tell a detailed story to try to get viewers to feel sympathy for her... but Conda is mean, vicious... If they want viewers to feel sympathy for contestants, the contestants have to be likeable. They must have told Dolvett to get Conda to tell her story, then 'act' supportive and understanding. Conda's brother is as fat as Conda, but he doesn't seem mean. So Conda's mean, vicious attitude can't be blamed on her parent's divorce. Also, they had Cassandra read from her writings about her negative self-image to try to gain viewer sympathy... but then Cassandra took Conda's side against Daphne... and both Cassandra and Conda yelled at Daphne right before Daphne left. So that defeats the purpose of trying to get viewers to sympathize with Cassandra.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 02-28-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    JulieAnn likes this.

Tonight will be more drama...no doubt....I'll be watching it later because I now teach a circuit class during this time.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread