+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    I agree with you entirely because bullying can have that effect on people. In general, NBC has had ample opportunity to kick Ana Conda out of the ranch, but they don't appear to be doing it on this preview.
    Even if they legallly could why would NBC want to remove Conda from the game? Drama draws viewers, raises ratings which increases sponser fees. This is an entertainment venture as all reality TV is. Fighting amongst the cast is what keeps this genre going for most of them. And a growing experience for those who are horrified watching their behavior on TV.

I don't get emotionally charged about what I see going on with these people. Reality TV is an interesting study in human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Even if they legallly could why would NBC want to remove Conda from the game? Drama draws viewers, raises ratings which increases sponser fees. This is an entertainment venture as all reality TV is. Fighting amongst the cast is what keeps this genre going for most of them. And a growing experience for those who are horrified watching their behavior on TV.

I don't get emotionally charged about what I see going on with these people. Reality TV is an interesting study in human behavior.
    That is it exactly. When MTV first started The Real World I thought who in the world would want to watch other people. Then I remember watching a marathon of the Real World over a long weekend and I was hooked. People do like to watch people and see how they react to situations. It can be boring, funny, horrifying and then there are the duh moments, the huh moments and the jackass moments.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Do we know what the ratings have been like? And the state the show was in? I think someone has removed that information from Wikipedia.

As for the issue you guys take on my reaction to bullying here it is: I DETEST bullies! Recently I've had to console my niece who is in high school. Three months ago her best friend committed suicide because she was bullied in school.
    Last edited by sheila; 02-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am surprised that Chris is doing as well as she is as far as being to lose about 5 lbs a week considering she is under a very stressful situation, that of being the outcast on her team always under threat of being voted out, losing her partner on the ranch and yes being involved in that debacle of a weight in.
    Also, the contestant who needs a paramedic on the next show just happens to be the ranch's outcast, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I do draw the line on all of Bravo's Housewives shows, they are so staged. It's not as if these women were really friends or neighbors in real life and they misbehave on purpose just to get ratings or a TV show of their own.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I miss Santa!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Do we know what the ratings have been like? And the state the show was in? I think someone has removed that information from Wikipedia.

As for the issue you guys take on my reaction to bullying here it is: I DETEST bullies! Recently I've had to console my niece who is in high school. Three months ago her best friend committed suicide because she was bullied in school.
    And that's even having a best friend.... so sorry for your niece.

I hope Chris' situation is not due to this...she's been holding up well considering she's really on the outside. Still losing and all.

This Tuesday
    In week 9 of Season 13, the players return home for 18 days with a challenge to lose 5% of their body weight—and immunity! Sounds great, yes? Not so fast…they're going right back to the place—and the people—where they gained their weight.
    18 days around 2 and half weeks. Wow, even for Cassandra who is 188 and Christine who is 197 that is 9.8 or so pounds they have to lose but again it is 18 days.

FORT Fogey

The next episode will be the show's attempt at 'heartwarming' at-home stories of the mean people in Conda's clique.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The next episode will be the show's attempt at 'heartwarming' at-home stories of the mean people in Conda's clique.
    It's going to be a hard pill to swallow, isn't it?

At first, I thought I really didn't want to watch it, but I think I'll give it a try. They're going to have a hard time convincing me with any kind of redemption arcs... but I'll keep an open mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    I do! But only to the point that I can rant and rave a little... (and enjoy it) Reality tv is reality tv... if I feel something is going to get me upset for real, (Kate plus 8, Toddlers and Tiara's), then I simply don't watch. My first experience with reality tv was Survivor. It was the first tv commercial for the first episode of the first season... I fell in love with the idea of that human experiment immediately.

+ Reply to Thread