+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Shoepie,
    Oh, that could imply that it could be Daphne and Adrian! Interesting. Although anyone who has lost and comes back is getting another chance though, I guess.
    I would kind of enjoy Daphne coming back at least... she held it together fairly well, all things considered. Her brother, not as much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Shoepie,
    Oh, that could imply that it could be Daphne and Adrian! Interesting. Although anyone who has lost and comes back is getting another chance though, I guess.
    I would kind of enjoy Daphne coming back at least... she held it together fairly well, all things considered. Her brother, not as much.
    That was my point!

I don't like either one of them. Daphne is no better than Adrian and not as bright.

No matter who the players are it stands to be a more interesting season than most!

FORT Fogey

What I am getting from the scattered "facts:"

Click to see Spoiler:
    We know Mark walks for sure. He said so on FB.

Cassandra and Chism gone before mutiny.

If we believe Wikpedia, Conda and Jeremy were the last two eliminations so they were there until the final two episodes after the muntiny.

Buddy, Chris, Emily, Megan and both Kims are not accounted for at the moment.

It is likely the person who is the closest to Mark on that team and the edit does not make that clear. It could be the other Kim. We have seen very little of her. I forget which one they call Kimmy.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    .... people who were, and who decided to leave, were Mark and Kim.
    Thanks for your post. Altho, being a single Mom of 3, I can't see Kim quitting voluntarily. She NEEDS that money!
    Last edited by Ryansmom; 02-24-2012 at 02:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    Thanks for your post. Altho, being a single Mom of 3, I can't see Kim quitting voluntarily. She NEEDS that money!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Whether Ana Conda and Jeremy were already voted off, or were about to be voted off, I don't know, but it would be great if they were no longer in the running, and the people who were, and who decided to leave, were Mark and Kim. They probably knew at this point that the viewers hated them, and that they were unlikely to survive the popular vote.
    The full quote is above. We don't know who the second walk off is. Sheila was just wishing.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2012 at 08:50 PM.

I don't see Kim leaving. Conda has been very useful to her because of her big mouth. As long as Conda keeps spouting off, Kim can play the exact same nasty games but not draw as much attention to herself. She would turn on Conda in a heartbeat once they've eliminated all the other threats.

Also, people who were sports competitors earlier in life tend to do well on this show (Kim was a wrestler). They may not win it all, but they usually get close. They already get the mindset that is required.

I hope NBC is able to slap
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mark
    with some sort of penalty for reporting on FB.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't know what happened to my last post, but Mark has tweeted that he left the show because of his presumed high standards on "what is right"! If Wikipedia is to be believed, Ana Conda and Jeremy were the last two to be eliminated.
    What I suspect happened is that NBC decided to put the vote to America, allowing viewers to bring back two former contestants. They did not do that out of the goodness of their heart, of course. Rather, the did it because they have been attacked in the press and are beginning to feel the heat.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Moreover, they also realized that the two people most likely to win the show were Mark and Buddy, and they didn't want to risk Mark. Mark and Kim obviously realized what was up and know very well that they would be voted off by the public, so they walked out.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Guys, it has been confirmed, by "pastor" Mark, that he is one of the two that NBC cut loose. He announced it on his Twitter, justifying it as "standing up for what he believes is right" or some crap like that. It is also known from Facebook, that Cassandra has already been sent home before the mutiny, and it appears that Chism was already gone, judging from what Facebook shows. What is still unknown is the identity of the person who was also sent home. If we believe Wikipedia's ranking Ana Conda and Jeremy were the last ones to go. It's also possible that NBC realized that it will all come down to Kim, Mark, and Buddy, and they didn't want to risk either Kim or Mark becoming this season's Biggest Loser and walking away with the cash on top of that. They are also feeling the heat of so much reaction at the treatment of Daphne and Adrian, and for allowing Ana Conda to hijack the show, so they may have decided to bring back the two eliminated players, perhaps by "taking it to America." Whether Ana Conda and Jeremy were already voted off, or were about to be voted off, I don't know, but it would be great if they were no longer in the running, and the people who were, and who decided to leave, were Mark and Kim. They probably knew at this point that the viewers hated them, and that they were unlikely to survive the popular vote.

On a different note, I'm outraged at the show, and got this idea from a few comments on Facebook: I was running low on dog food, and my dog stands to lose 4 pounds, so I switched from Hill's New Science Diet Light to Purina Pro Plan Weight Management. I think it's best that way, and I will let Hill's and my vet know.
    OK, now this post has spoilers in it and they should be marked as such.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I apologize for the mess of my post earlier. I'm not being allowed to edit any mistakes. Since I'm at it, I also apologize for the earlier rants in this thread. I'm kind of fed up with this show.

Shoepie, I have a feeling Daphne and Adrian are small potatoes compared to the ugly that's coming.
    At this point I'm watching to root AGAINST people and see some get their comeuppance.

I think the finale will be in May...I think it is usually around then?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I hope NBC is able to slap Mark with some sort of penalty for reporting on FB.
    You mean on Twitter. I doubt
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mark
    will be sued (although it would be fun to watch!). The most serious penalties are likely forfeiting their rights to win the at-home prize. That's why most contestants stay on to be eliminated, and sometimes humiliated, on national TV. It's in their contract. Only those who have a better offer/better deal risk it, like for example Rulon Gardner did a few seasons ago. He knew he was not going to win, he had a better offer, he left. Good for him too!

If I am right, Kim and Mark left, Ana Conda and Jeremy were already eliminated, and NBC either plans to ask America to decide, or they are going to fill the two places with Daphne and Adrian. That way they show they are doing something, too little too late IMHO, and besides, I project that Buddy will win, so it won't really be hurting him. The only problem is that Adrian will no longer have the opportunity to win the at-home prize which, given the crap he's been through because of the misguided decisions of the producers and all the bullying, is THE LEAST that they could give him. Also: TBL's sponsors have better put together some extra money prize for Daphne and Adrian. And the producers should learn their lesson and never put together such a season again.

Edit: Sorry, Bearcata. I thought that I could post it, since we have been posting the walkout which is also a spoiler, and my post was merely a follow-up. However, the rest of the information I post is pure speculation on my part, so I don't have any inside info to spoil it for anyone.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread