+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

I thought the same thing gatrmom. I do find that youth pastors aren't the most mature though. I know ours isn't....which is one of the reasons why we may switch churches when my oldest is in youth group...but not going there right now. Anyway, they aren't perfect and we can't expect them to be. BUT they are held to a higher standard and they should be aware of this. But like everyone else, they are exhausted, fatigued, emotionally drained, etc at this point in the game and probably don't realize what their actions are saying....not that it excuses them at all.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey
    Mark lied to the camera about Adrian not losing 'enough' weight. Everyone knows he's lying. He could have told the truth since Conda and Kim couldn't hear what he said. Adrian has said that the only red team member who showed him any kindness was santa. I hope they rearrange the teams so that the Conda/Kim/Mark/Buddy alliance doesn't vote santa off.

FORT Fogey

There was no talk about who had been at the ranch long enough and could do well at home. Adrian had just gotten there and was just beginning to learn. All that the Conda/Kim/Mark/Buddy alliance cares about is that one of them win the cash prize. Adrian was in the way.

Kim and Conda are bullies. They never intended to give Adrian a chance, no matter if he spoke his mind or kept his mouth shut. I was glad he told it like it was at the end. They are the kind of people who never see anything wrong with their own behaviour, no self reflection, no growth as a person. Conda is vile. She's a horrible person and I don't for a minute believe she will change after this show ends. She's not there to learn and will continue to defend her horrible behaviour to the end. She's horrid.

Stupid thing was, it wasn't Adrien's fault the show put the twist in that brought him and his sister back. Blaming him for that was just stupid.

I liked the way Bob handled the newbie vs. the team. Don't like his b*tchface or rolling eyes though.

Glad to see Adrien doing well at home. I hope he wins the at home prize and Conda fails miserably. He can rub it in her horrid face.
    captain likes this.

Losing weight requires extreme focus, humility, and had work to raise one's self-esteem. As far as I'm concerned, those exemplifying these virtues are people like Ali and Tara. Cheerful, supportive of their team, yet focused, hard-working, of few words, no bitchiness, and humble. Unfortunately, many, though certainly not all, people dealing with extreme weight loss have deeply-rooted personal issues that are often hard to deal with. Weight-loss then often turns into an ugly competition and brings out the worse in them (see the pastors, for example). These are also people who will lose the weight, i.e. deal with the symptom of a wider disease/problem, only because they are fired up and are so toxic that they feed off other people's energy. And of course, they end up all the weight back.

Being toxic has other consequences too: several TBL contestants, even though they did not win, nevertheless went on to become role models and even win endorsements. Ana Conda can never be a role model, and she will probably alienate all America by the time she is kicked out. It's highly unlikely anyone will want to hire her for weight-loss-related activities. A very important benefit for those who enter this kind of professional life, besides the money, is that they help themselves enormously in their post-TBL battle with their addiction. They are like former drug-addicts who give up drugs and become role models.
    captain likes this.

FORT Fogey

Don't forget the Canadian viewers! I'm sure that Conda will also alienate all Canadian viewers!

There are many underlying issues to why people use food as their addiction of choice. When they choose to change and not use food as a drug they have to face why did they use food as a drug and people will kick and scream not to face themselves and their underlying issues. In one sense all these folks are protecting their inner selves and some feel very vulnerable and develop strategies to protect themselves. We may not like the strategies but they are there for a reason. Conda does not simply take anything she lashes out with accusations and anger and venom. It's not nice and we have to realize she may not realize how badly she comes across to other people. She may not care. Still she is on Biggest Loser to change her life, she wants to change, I don't know how much, but she is going to make is as painful for herself and for those around her and for us watching.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, absolutely. Besides, every bully of this world has deeply-rooted issues. I also think this is by far the most venomous TBL season I've watched so far. I'm very curious to watch the finale.

FORT Fogey

Narcissists aren't capable of changing. Empathy is something that can't be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Narcissists aren't capable of changing. Empathy is something that can't be learned.
    I just don't see Conda being a narcissist.

Narcissism | Define Narcissism at Dictionary.com

nar·cis·sism
       [nahr-suh-siz-em] Show IPA
    noun
    inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
    Psychoanalysis . erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.
    That doesn't sound like Conda at all. Self centered and smug yes but not narcissistic.
    GabbyG likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread