+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/12

I too think Chris's talk with the boys was way too awkward. She would have been better off just asking if they could all start off with a clean slate from that point on.

As for Adrian, his social skills suck. While he did join the group and is a member, he knows none of the dynamics so to voice an opinion is also awkward. I thought Nancy's advice was very sound too bad Adrian was too stupid to take it. But on the other hand if I was a member of the Red Team I would be cheering him on as he painted a BIG target on his back.

As far as some of the confessionals of both the Black and Red Teams I know that the assistant producers ask everyone the same questions and who ever gives the best responses is what is aired. I don't blame either the Red or Black teams for not feeling that friendly toward Team Aqua as new additions to any group always take a bit of an adjustment.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

These people have known each other for a month. They are a group that were put together by the show -they did not naturally form. It's not like he joined a group that had been together for 20 years. I'm tired of the whole BL mentality where they act like they're bestest friends after a week.
    sunshine3331 and mandmmom2 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    These people have known each other for a month. They are a group that were put together by the show -they did not naturally form. It's not like he joined a group that had been together for 20 years. I'm tired of the whole BL mentality where they act like they're bestest friends after a week.
    It's like any group at work but the big difference is that these folks are living, eating and working out with each other 24/7 which probably equals to about a couple of years knowing each other in an very intense environment. any newbie is going to have a bit of a target on their backs. I just think Adrian has a natural talent of aggravating people.

For all of those posters who complain that its not normal to work out as hard as they do on Biggest Loser and that you don't need a trainer to push you check out Style networks "Our Big Fat Weight Loss Story". There are 2 back to back episodes this Saturday, February 4 at 10am and 11am. This series involves the entire family and is filmed over a 6 month period. The results are amazing, 35 lbs, 27 lbs, 26 lbs lost in 6 months. And there is the whining, constant whining, and excuses. Overall an interesting constrast to Biggest Loser.

Finally! Watched, read and now can post.
    Can't say I disagree with anyone here....
    That said, I did notice...As SOON as the Aqua Team came back to weigh in, Conda rolled her eyes. She didn't even give them a chance...right off the bat! And, Kim was easily pulled on her bandwagon because Kim thought the whole thing was unfair. She said that if she didn't lose enuf weight/win weigh in, she'd go home and not have the chance to come back...why did Aqua Team?
    What she fails to remember is, it was her and Emily (pink team) that went against them in the very last challenge to get on the ranch in the first place (they stood on a barrel holding each other). The pink team barely edged them out. So, dear Kim, lets put the shoe on the other foot..... How would you feel if the Aqua Team HAD beaten you in that challenge?
    When Aqua Team came back, they had to know 2 teams meant two trainers. How could they stand there and argue about who got Bob? Puhleeze.
    Going back to the living room Red Team meeting/chat...when Adrian said he was working out for 14hrs... I don't think Buddy took it like the 2 crazies did. Buddy actually said to him "you'll workout less hours but a more intense workout here". That's when Kim said (to the cameras) that it was impossible to workout that much that athletes didn't even workout that much. Well, if she KNEW it was impossible, why'd she get so bent outta shape over it? Just roll your eyes (which you seem to be good at), and move on. Geez.
    Mark and Buddy seemed okay with the Aqua Team coming back. They even said they had no reason to distrust him. I got the feeling they were actually welcoming him because of the big numbers he could pull. They even said he could be an 'asset to the team'.
    Could I just mention how happy I was when Adrian was able to do the monkey bars (which, was the FIRST time I've ever seen them on BL) and nobody else could? ESPECIALLY Conda & Kim
    I was glad Conda told the cameras she 'wasn't impressed' with Adrian's workout. It was one of the easier workouts they'd had. B**ch. But ya know what? He kept up and did things she couldn't do. So...good for Adrian...again.
    When Dolvett & Adrian were having their talk about Adrian's background...I noticed he was outside jogging up and down the hill. Not sure if everyone does that on off time, but was glad to see him taking initiative and doing it. I also liked that (the show left in) Adrian said "I'm not here for negativity or drama"...sadly, I think he's on the wrong team for that :/
    I, too, didn't agree w/ Daph skippin' homework...maybe she had a reason? But, do like that they motivate each other and do it together.
    Altho a dumb move, she's a smart girl. Talking to Adrian at bedtime, she told him "people don't like change/new people"...she knows.
    The kitchen conversation w/ Chris and the 2 boys....I think she did a pretty good job trying to start over, but body language was off. She was too far away and didn't seem 'warm' about it. I think Chism & Jeremy are just young and immature and don't know how to handle a situation like that. If they were older and more mature, I think it would have been different. On the other hand, how dare Jeremy say to the cameras "she knows she's next to go so she's trying to reach out and get to know us. Why didn't she reach out and try to get to know us a week or 3 ago?" Uh...HELLO?!?! Did YOU reach out to her? Make the initial move? I don't think so...so, don't be a hypocrite.
    At the beach before the challenge... Daphne is quite the 'bigger person' (no pun intended) for not leveling Conda with her snotty comments. I honestly hope Conda's daughter NEVER sees this show and how awful a person her mother is. But, good for Daph not getting up in Conda's face.
    Anyone know why Roy and Chism were NOT cleared for that challenge??
    Good for Nancy for "calling out" at the table..which I think was really marked for Kim & Conda. Altho, (as mentioned before), Adrian should NOT have taken her the wrong way. It's called 'respect' and you should have it for others if you want them to have it for you.
    While I understand 'disrespectful' to your trainer, I was glad Adrian wanted to increase treadmill speed. He seemed to be the only one fine with it...while the girls (K&C) seemed to have THE hardest time keeping up with what Dol wanted to do. lol
    At weigh in...Karma bus stopped at Conda's doorstep!! She specifically said "time to be a hero or a zero". Wow..guess she's a zero then? She didn't pull her weight and they lost! Kim and Conda will never vote for each other...and Buddy and Mark are in the same boat. I get tired of Conda's crying at voting time. I sit here and roll MY eyes...lol...
    I knew it'd be Nancy...after the call-out...she's an easy target. I cannot wait until Conda and Kim are gone and/or they go individual and start picking their own off.
    sorry this is long...but it was a dramatic epi!

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/1

Do you think Conda treats her daughter any better than she treats everyone else?

FORT Fogey

Ryasmom, my guess as to why Chism and Roy were not cleared for that challenge is injury, perhaps a shoulder. We have gotten a rare glimpse of people in that room with the black tables lying there with ice packs on various body parts.

I don't think Chris did a good job talking to the boys. They are too young to have been comfortable with this approach. A simple, I am sorry and repeating that she tends to keep people at a distance would have been enough and more effective.

Conda is a mother?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Do you think Conda treats her daughter any better than she treats everyone else?
    I certainly hope so.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I certainly hope so.
    I think that if Conda's daughter ever ends up seeing her mother on this show, she wouldn't be surprised. Conda works full-time and is a community college student, so she couldn't spend much time with her daughter anyway. The producers likely knew that Conda's abrasive personality would cause problems and drama... so they chose her as a contestant for rating's purposes.

FORT Fan

For me the highlight of this show was seeing Bob's team doing Fran. BTW, this is not "Bob's" workout. It's one of the benchmark workouts for Crossfit and it's quick but very tough workout. It seems that Bob has gotten on the Crossfit bandwagon and that's exciting to me because Crossfit is an intense workout regimen that gets results and you don't have to spend countless hours at the gym to get those results. And if you watch this video of Bob talking about Crossfit against the backdrop of him doing a workout at the gym where he's a member, you'll see that Bob is not as fit as those who have been doing CF for a while. This workout kicks his butt! :-)

Bob Harper talks CrossFit - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread