+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/12

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/12

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I would rather see more nutrion and day to day activities than anything else.
    I agree. For me it is not about nutrition though; I want to see what they feed themselves. Not "experts" who come it to prepare meals and teach them. What are their days like when outside the gym? I would love to view some of their downtime and watch the relationships develop.

I love the challenges that involve eating or guessing calories and would love to see more of those.

Just because the ratings are high does not mean that viewers love this show. Many watch on their DVR so they can use FF and not just for commercials. I don't think they seek feedback to improve this show. The same complaints are everywhere.

Bring on the drama for me! I love the evil Conda and Kim vs arrogant Adrian. I like to see the trainers irritated with a contestant as much as bond and love another. It gives the show some substance. Learning social skills and conflict resolution is crucial for a happy life, too.

I would like to see a larger sum of prize money so the game playing aspect is heightened. I doubt this will happen because this show views itself as instrumental in conquering obesity. It is discouraing for many who believe you have to work out this hard to lose weight.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-02-2012 at 10:06 AM.

FORT Fogey

People don't have to exercise with that much intensity to lose weight. They have the contestants overdo it for ratings. Bonnie took it easy and lost about 3 or 4 pounds a week. Conda has been losing only about 2 pounds a week because she must eat about 3 or 4 turkeyburgers for dinner, and a lot of bread and butter, if they have butter in their refrigerator.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    People don't have to exercise with that much intensity to lose weight. They have the contestants overdo it for ratings. Bonnie took it easy and lost about 3 or 4 pounds a week. Conda has been losing only about 2 pounds a week because she must eat about 3 or 4 turkeyburgers for dinner, and a lot of bread and butter, if they have butter in their refrigerator.
    Conda has lost 9 + 7 + 3 + 10 + 2 for a total of 31 lbs in 5 weeks. That averages to 6.2 lbs lost per week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

What I like about this season it that it has the most females contestants who are actually average height for a female in the US. Kim is the tallest at 5'7" and the rest range from 5'3" to 5'5". In previous seasons the majority of the women were in the 5'7" through 5'10" range.

FORT Fogey

Since Conda is so heavy, she should be losing weight at a faster rate.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Since Conda is so heavy, she should be losing weight at a faster rate.
    Conda started out at 294, not the heaviest woman and lost 31 lbs in 5 weeks averaging 6.2lbs per week. How much do you think she should be losing?

CCL

Conda and Kim are witches. And Nancy meant well but I disagree with her advice to Aaron. It's like they all wanted him to come in bowing and scraping, meek and silent in his admiration of those mighty people who have been on the ranch four weeks while he has been doing absolutely nothing....he has as much right to talk as the rest of them. He is as much a member of the group as they are. They're all adults, it's time they start acting like it.

I noticed when Chris was having her, admittedly rather awkward talk with the boys in the kitchen, there was a blackboard-type sign that said breakfast on it and then a bunch of writing. I presume it was breakfast options. More nutrition please.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think Conda is vile. Kim isn't much better. They can take their sour faces and rolling eyes elsewhere.

Adrien's story made me feel so badly for him, but he does need to learn to quit while he's ahead. I don't agree with how the advice to 'speak less and listen more' was presented to him, like he was a child. Everyone needs to put their big boy/girl panties on and just focus on losing weight. The drama is stupid.

I wish Anna were there to tell them to suck it up!!

This season has no real favourite for me, although I do like Santa and his wife. Hope they stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I noticed when Chris was having her, admittedly rather awkward talk with the boys in the kitchen, there was a blackboard-type sign that said breakfast on it and then a bunch of writing. I presume it was breakfast options. More nutrition please.
    I saw that too, and was trying to figure out what it said. I wish we could see more of the 'behind the scenes' practical info and workings of the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think listening when you are entering a new established group is good advice, but I didn't really think he wasn't doing that. They asked him what he'd been doing, and he told them. It wasn't like he was saying they needed to "step up" and do what he'd been doing--that's all Conda's wording I think. BUT then he took it wrong, and Conda immediately spotted his weakness, that he can't stand what he perceives as being told to shut up, and ran with it. Oy vey. I think Nancy only said that to him so that it wouldn't look like she was totally taking his side against Conda, and I think he'd worked that out with her, that's why he tried to stand up for her at the vote out, which only led to further disaster.

+ Reply to Thread