+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/12

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Season 13 - Episode 5 - 01/31/12

The way Adrian is playing... it's bad game play. But perhaps he knows already that he's on the outs, so he may as well shake things around a little. I know I'd be really tempted in his position. I kind of loved that he called out voting out Nancy as ridiculous because she wasn't the weakest on the team, (and particularly in that weigh-in).
    Conda is so full of crap I can smell it up here in Canada. Those croc tears about voting off Nancy? I call BS. She had the lowest percent (or close to) among those eligible to be voted off. She was as happy as can be to vote off someone who did better than her... I guess her stupid alliance has her safe. I don't have a real problem with alliances in a game like this either... but if I hate the alliance (Kim, Ana Conda, Buddy and Mark) well, then I hate the alliance. Really, besides Santa and the new (too blatantly honest guy), Adrian, I kind of despise the red team. Which is too bad, because I may be in love with their trainer.

Oh, gosh, I hated that Vicki and Heba season.

Does Adrian not get it? Why oh why is he even putting forth a point of view over the vote off? Does he not realize he is not part of the group and that he is making enemies left and right. He already has Kim and Conda now Mark set against him. There are 7 people altogether on the Red Team. Adrian has managed to push a couple of buttons. I must add that Kim and Conda do like to stir the pot alot. There is going to be drama in the house next week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was really hoping to see Ana Conda go over Nancy simply because of the numbers and that she (Conda) is so toxic and I think removing her from the group would calm Kim down. I think at this point in the game team cohesiveness is more important than anything else because that helps you win challenges and helps with the workouts and nutrition and helps you not stress out with the result of that being the best possible environment for losing weight. You can tear each other apart after you have sent the other team home.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-31-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    The way Adrian is playing... it's bad game play. But perhaps he knows already that he's on the outs, so he may as well shake things around a little. I know I'd be really tempted in his position. I kind of loved that he called out voting out Nancy as ridiculous because she wasn't the weakest on the team, (and particularly in that weigh-in).
    Conda is so full of crap I can smell it up here in Canada. Those croc tears about voting off Nancy? I call BS. She had the lowest percent (or close to) among those eligible to be voted off. She was as happy as can be to vote off someone who did better than her... I guess her stupid alliance has her safe. I don't have a real problem with alliances in a game like this either... but if I hate the alliance (Kim, Ana Conda, Buddy and Mark) well, then I hate the alliance. Really, besides Santa and the new (too blatantly honest guy), Adrian, I kind of despise the red team. Which is too bad, because I may be in love with their trainer.

Oh, gosh, I hated that Vicki and Heba season.
    I think you are being overly generous in describing Adrian as overly honest. I think it should be closer to being overly stupid. He does not read people well and his social game sucks. I don't think it would have been such an issue if he didn't have the two pit vipers to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
    Kim really should stop talking.
    She also needs urgent plastic surgery to change the eternal bitchface she has. It makes her look like a bulldog, which considering how sweet bulldogs are, it gives the entire breed a bad name, just like Conda does for anacondas.

And while I think Adrian could approach the team issues a bit better (though I think he did the right thing by suggesting Dolvett bring the team together to solve the issues instead of doing it 1-on-1), I can understand why he's behaving the way he is. It's understandable that he's new to the team itself, but this is Biggest Loser. Normally I see people being welcoming and supportive here, but most, if not all of the red team's treating him like he's some sort of leper. I feel like the team made up their minds about Adrian from the get-go and even if he had pulled a big number, they wouldn't have changed their minds. Only Roy and Kimmy have said nothing bad about Adrian, but they're way too meek and the other people in the team basically walk all over them.

Kim and Conda are being overly nasty high school mean girls, and even lying about things he did not say. Nancy rightfully called them out on it, but then completely worded things wrong when she gave advice to Adrian and he took it the wrong way.Various people lost little weight, yet only Adrian and Daphne get grilled for it, despite the others being all boastful about how things are different and tougher at camp, yet most of them lost little weight too. And than Mark outright accuses Adrian of throwing the weight-in. At this point, I can completely understand why Adrian would be so defensive. Honestly, if I was in his place, I'd be taking a Sandra Diaz-Twine approach and chew them the hell out.

And is it just me, or were Chism and Jeremy really rude to Christine when she was speaking to them? Whatever the issue behind it, their behavior throughout the whole scene just reeked of ugly. Jeremy's ugly all the time (and a moron through tonight's challenge), so there's no surprise, but Chism did surprise me, since so far he's seemed like a nice guy.

I feel the producers made a mistake by subbing this season the "No Excuses" season. They should've named it the "No Likeable People" season. I'm finding it harder to watch when the longer it goes, the less likeable people are remaining and the nastier the already bad people get.
    mandmmom2 and jenniferboston1 like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm sure somewhere there's a TBL producer who thinks drama and infighting bring ratings, but this isn't The Bachelor...there's drama enough in the real life weight loss. I much prefer the seasons where the people are nice.

I think Adrian was not bragging to his team about working out 14 hours a day, I think he was trying to let them know that he had been working just as hard as they had while he was at home and he would be a hard worker on the Ranch. I think the Red Team took it the wrong way and turned it around on him. He does need to learn a few social graces, but I did feel he meant well and Conda and Kim just had to stir the pot. Vicki and Heba Redux? Gosh I hope not. I wish Red Team would realize how toxic (especially) Conda is for the team and vote her butt off. I liked Kim in the beginning, but she has started to go Full Tilt Beyotch now and I don't like her anymore. I am really surprised that everyone was so down on Adrian (and Daphne to some extent) about not pulling big numbers. It's not like everyone in the house had a huge week and they were the only ones who only a little- most people sucked this week. I don't ever remember a weigh in where the percentage was under 2%. I want to think they had something to prove and didn't waterload, but it actually would have been the smart move since they had immunity anyway.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Conda would have been hostile toward any new member of the team.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think Adrian was not bragging to his team about working out 14 hours a day, I think he was trying to let them know that he had been working just as hard as they had while he was at home and he would be a hard worker on the Ranch. I think the Red Team took it the wrong way and turned it around on him. He does need to learn a few social graces, but I did feel he meant well and Conda and Kim just had to stir the pot. Vicki and Heba Redux? Gosh I hope not. I wish Red Team would realize how toxic (especially) Conda is for the team and vote her butt off. I liked Kim in the beginning, but she has started to go Full Tilt Beyotch now and I don't like her anymore. I am really surprised that everyone was so down on Adrian (and Daphne to some extent) about not pulling big numbers. It's not like everyone in the house had a huge week and they were the only ones who only a little- most people sucked this week. I don't ever remember a weigh in where the percentage was under 2%. I want to think they had something to prove and didn't waterload, but it actually would have been the smart move since they had immunity anyway.
    I hadn't thought of water loading but I bet they did. Dolvette being horrified at the low number on their first week at the ranch was laughable. They have been working at home like they were on the ranch so this week, for them, was no different than the rest of them. They had been dieting and working out 14 hours a day! And good for them. I have no problem with playing the game part.

I expect to see both Bob and Dolvette have private talks with the aqua team. Dolvette is ready to throttle Conda, as well. I anticipate the black team pulling together in the face of the red team melting down.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 02-01-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Wow!! What an episode!!! I had to start watching later than normal and wasn't feeling good so didn't get online. I don't really know what to say about the show last night. I was glad the aqua team got back on. But both teams had issues with anyone being able to return. The red team just voiced it louder than the black team.

Conda dear, the eye rolling has got to stop. You need to grow up. You need to put on your big girl panties. You need counseling in a big way. You need to go home. You need to think about how your daughter views you now. The ranch isn't helping you at all. Same goes for your brother.

Kim dear, you need to think for yourself. You need to start enjoying life. You need to stop living in the past. You aren't better than anyone else. The more you mouth off the uglier you get.

Adrian dear, Nancy is right. You need to listen and evalutate and think before speaking. But I will give you a chance because you are new and because you felt you had something to prove. You want people to like you but that's not what matters. It's about how you feel about yourself. Accept that Conda and Kim are immature and ugly girls that want nothing better than to tear others down to make themselves look better. That is what bullies and ugly people do. They have no self confidence deep down. They feel threatened by you so just be polite and do what you have to do to stay at the ranch. And knock some since into your sister, who tends to take breaks during homework.

Mark and Buddy dears, I used to really like you but you played into Conda's hands last night. Why oh why? I guess because you two are the only big boys on the red team now you feel threatened? I expected more friendliness and respect out of you two. Such a shame.

Kimmy and Santa dears, thank you for not getting in the middle of all the drama and immaturity. Even if you don't last much longer on the Ranch you both will be successful in the future.

Jeremey dear, like your sister you need to grow up. You need to get over yourself. You can go home anytime also.

Chism dear, what happened to you? Is Jeremy rubbing off on you? Is it because daddy isn't around 24/7 so now your true colors shine forth?

Red and Black teams, you have no right to judge and be shocked by the aqua's teams number. No body had a high number last night.
    Shoepie and GabbyG like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread