+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I think for a season labeled "no excuses", we've seen more than other seasons. Especially with the quitter!
    So true!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I will be curious to hear if Conda was horrified with her behavior after watching and is humbled. We don't often hear about those who leave early and I think she is pegged as next on their list! Though she has better shot at more loss with Dollvet on her a** than Nancy does. However the red team does not seem to vote the logical choice. Lauren ahead of Nancy was a stupid move.
    mandmmom2 and Ryansmom like this.

I'm thinking maybe the younger ones may have an alliance of sorts. Instead of voting off Megan who seems to have the lowest numbers, they each either voted for Gail or Chris. I don't think Gail was giving it 100%, but she is a 'big gal' and maybe given one more week to get her head in the game she could have been putting up some big numbers for their team. I think Chris was just having an off day and they used that against her to give her some votes- she has consistantly been good on the scale, so I'm glad she gets to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line we see a younger alliance starting to take shape. I don't see Nancy long for this game either- she's really not that big, not putting up big numbers, and is just kind-of 'meh' in the personality department. On the other hand, her grandaughter (Cassandra) is one of my favorites.

I was happy to see that this season isn't full of 350-400+lb contestants. I like to see amazing transformations at the finale, and it's too much to expect someone to lose 200lbs in that short amount of time- I know it has been done, but it isn't the norm- most still have some to lose even at the finale. The compression garments they shimmy them into for the live show can only do so much...

I too like to see contestants actually be at the end of their weight loss journey during the finale, it makes the finale more satisfying and gives hope to the rest of us.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You know they could tape two seasons at once....one like this and one for the 400 lbers, but have those folks in training for considerably longer...they could edit it so it is a normal TV season in length, but then we'd get a really great payoff from those really heavy folks, and they'd be done when they left the show.

FORT Newbie Tetris Champion, backGammon Champion, Broken Words Champion Debbie51495's Avatar

Does anyone else have on opinion on Bob's attitude toward Dolvett? I know part of the drama is created by editing, but the day in the gym when Bob was all mad about Dolvett using "his" exercises, the comments over the spray paint in the gym and the eye rolling at the weigh in... I think Bob is becoming a bit of a Diva.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah... I liked it better when it was more friendly competition the way it was with Jillian in the early days, when they would kind of commiserate with each other over the resistance they got from their trainees.

Bob used to be the "hunk" of the show, now that they have Dolvett he has had to move over. I am sure his ego is very bruised. His attempt at being like Jillian has also backfired on him. He needs to step back and rethink his position and go back to his former self.
    There's no place like home!

I have read somewhere (I think it was the TV Guide) that with the two male trainers the dynamic in the gym has changed and that it is much more of a testosterone driven competition this season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

I actively root for Dolvett's team specifically because they are in competition with Bob's, even though there are members I don't like (Conda and Kim, mainly). I used to like Bob but the past few seasons he has changed my opinion of him, and not for the better.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast