+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

We have gone over this before in regards to eating correctly 80% of the time and with exercise you can reach your goal weight. The 80% also means thatif you eat cleanly 80% of the time and you can still occasionally have a cheat meal or cheat day. In fact it is recommended to occasionally have cheat meals or cheat days because it will confuse your body and help you not plateau and it helps you stick to your diet because you know you will not be depreived of your favorite foods for all time. It is also important that you plan your cheats because it is also a way of controlling them and not spiralling out of control.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Good way to explain it beatcata. I also want to add that every person's body is different. I noticed that if I cheat with sugar foods then I tend to not loose any weight or very little that week. But if I cheat with non-sugar foods then I will loose that week. When I say "sugar foods" I'm talking gummy bears, conversation hearts, etc.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Mandmmom2 - thank you for the arch support comment. I was planning to look into orthotics but wasn't sure what to look for.

Re the 80% - I believe it's important to remember that it's not all about the scale. Exercise is vital to good health & a lifestyle with fitness is always beneficial. Again, you don't have to be in the gym 4 hours a day. My parents are both nearly 80 & go for long daily walks. One of the problems with TBL is that 80% of the show is about weight loss, maybe 15% is drama (some weeks those numbers are reversed) which leaves a tiny 5% to talk about overall lifestyle, if it's talked about at all. I don't know much about Dolvett but I know Bob is a believer in the lifestyle aspect, so I blame the show format.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting that Gail's team chose her to sit out....and that Buddy did so well at home.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Gail's lost 17% so far, and given her starting weight she could probably be aiming for something closer to 50%. Well, still time. And some people have done well with swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And some people have done well with swimming.
    yeah...whoever it was that won the 'at home' prize last season (forget her name)...she pretty much had to use the pool the whole time at the ranch w/ her injury

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thanks a lot for the info about the 80/20 idea of weightloss, everyone. I did some research online after posting and a lot of personal trainers and other experts support the 80/20 idea. So,it's interesting to me, since after having kids years back, I went at weight loss as simply a mathematical equation. (3500 calorie deficit, pound lost) I lost the 40 lbs, so I guess it worked but it was definitely a balance of eating right and exercise (and a lot of calorie counting to be sure I was getting those deficits)
    And Bearcata, I always deficited enough that I could make room for cheats... and not feel deprived! Perhaps the wisest advice for anyone trying to lose weight.
    Thanks again for the info.

FORT Fogey

Dolvett heard Conda say that she hated him, so he put her outside and told her to take a time out. A producer then must have told Conda to apologize to Dolvett. I didn't like that they portrayed Conda as a 'hero' by having her weighed last. The guy who was gone for a week could have been the hero. Also, I liked that they showed that people can lose weight without a gym. I had a gym membership, but only showed up for about a month. It was a local gym; not part of a nationwide chain. There were enough treadmills for everybody, and there was a TV by all of the cardio equipment. The gym had tables made so that people could put their water bottle on a table next to the cardio equipment. There was a steam room, which I like, in the locker room. It was a very nice gym, but I quickly got bored. One employee told me that it's typical for those who join gyms to just show up for about a month. One good thing I got from my gym membership, was that I found out what my ideal weight, with ideal body fat percentage, should be; by getting into a tank of water, exhaling, and having my bone density measured. The printout that I got was the weight range that I had in high school, and I didn't tell the person who did the test what my weight range had been in high school. I used to walk outside about three miles a day, every day, for several years. There were always different sights to see outside, so I didn't get bored.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 01-26-2012 at 03:12 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Good way to explain it beatcata. I also want to add that every person's body is different. I noticed that if I cheat with sugar foods then I tend to not loose any weight or very little that week. But if I cheat with non-sugar foods then I will loose that week. When I say "sugar foods" I'm talking gummy bears, conversation hearts, etc.
    For me it is bread. If I cheat with bread it shows on the scale. It is gone in a day and I suspect water retention is the culprit. But you need cheat days.

I think for a season labeled "no excuses", we've seen more than other seasons. Especially with the quitter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast