+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

I had PF for a year and a half. A PT friend told me to tape my arch. So I did, which was uncomfortable. I found an arch support at Walmart one day. I bought it. It is like a sleeve that slips on your foot. I wore it all the time! Then just when I worked out and at night. Then just at night. Then not at all. I haven't had one issue in 9 months!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am surprised that Megan was not considered a possible vote off because she only lost 2 lbs.
    I thought the same thing. They were willing to get rid of Chris for one bad day yet Megan isn't pulling big numbers. I guess because Bob was just as surprised by her loss as she was that everyone thought Bob knew what he was talking about and it was wierd how she didn't loose much. What is up with Bob love fest on this show every season?!!?!? Give me Dolvett any day.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here are the lastest %:

Red Team: 9.90%
    Kim 252/220/-32/12.70%
    Buddy 403/353/-50/12.41%
    Mark 291/255/-36/12.37%
    Roy 306/272/-34/11.11%
    Kimmy 219/197/-22/10.05%
    Conda 294/265/-29/9.86%
    Nancy 217/200/-17/7.83%

Black Team: 8.98%
    Cassandra 239/206/-33/13.81%
    Chism 361/320/-41/11.36%
    Emily 264/235/-29/10.98%
    Jeremy 389/347/-42/10.80%
    Chris 240/215/-25/10.42%
    Megan 259/238/-21/8.11%
    Gail 322/297/-25/7.76%

Cassandra is the lead of the house and Nancy is in last place.

I loved the (very quick) scene of them all sitting there with ice packs wrapped around various parts of their bodies. It is nice to know that they can't just be thrust into these types of workouts without their bodies having some sort of bad reaction- I always thought it was so unrealistic that these very overweight people came onto the ranch and just started working out 8 hours a day like trained athletes. Aside from the 'obvious' injuries that put people in the pool or on crutches, they never showed what the contestants had to go through after their workouts. I know it was only a very quick 'blink and you miss it moment', but at least it was shown.

When I was watching "I Used To Be Fat" on one or two occasions they showed the participant taking a full ice bath. I think with that much working out the trainers are trying to keep the soreness and inflammation and stiffness of the muscles down as much as possible and that means ice, baby, ice.

I have watched this show from the beginning and this is the first time I have ever seen an episode really show what the contestants go through on a day to day basis. It is brutal. But yes, given the chance I would do it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I do remember last season they showed some of the contestants taking an ice bath after work outs. I remember a deep conversation taking place there at one point.

I agree bearcata. I liked that they showed they get up EARLY to work out and did a fast forward of the day. I also liked the challenge. I knew all the answers to the questions but it amazed me how the black team didn't know one answer....and if one of the girls knew it the guys didn't "trust" her. That irked me but of course it was Conda's brother that was "in charge" so I guess he does have male ego views....to say it nicely.

1) LOVED the 1 hour format.... 2 hours is just to long JMHO!
    2) Best line by Bob when Gayle was crying...."Oh...my shoe laces became undone..." not verbatim, but hysterical!
    3) IMHO, I think Kris/Chris was just having a bad day...we all have them!
    4) Cassandra is too cute!
    5) LOVE Dulvette (sp?)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I had PF for a year and a half. A PT friend told me to tape my arch. So I did, which was uncomfortable. I found an arch support at Walmart one day. I bought it. It is like a sleeve that slips on your foot. I wore it all the time! Then just when I worked out and at night. Then just at night. Then not at all. I haven't had one issue in 9 months!!!
    That is the best way to speed the healing. PF heals on its own eventually. The facia around the muscles becomes inflamed as our feet change with age. Also foot massages helps it adjust too.

ABC is making too much money from sponsers to cut the second hour. Never happen, but what a treat last night!

I think those who are not showing bigger numbers on the scale should look at their diet. There are 200 empty calories in a 6" wheat roll at subway. 2 scrambled eggs would be a better choice at 150. No water retention and good hit of protein. Since you need a good hit of carbs when working out this hard go for fruit. Skip flour products altogether. Pardon my repetitive soap box rant on this topic. I will be good for a couple of weeks. And of course, there are plateaus to be expected.

We have seen injured people use the pool and pull big numbers on the scale just as if they had been in the gym.

Diet is 80% of weight loss but that is never mentioned on the show.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I just finished watching...and, oddly enough, I didn't like the shortened show. It felt like I missed too much. Like, before the vote to eliminate, didn't they plea their case? Didn't Chris tell them what she told us? That she didn't want to go home, but rather her bad day was a break thru? I would have liked to see that play out since it was the first time they had to SEND someone home that didn't quit.

Maybe Conda had her breakthru? Who knows...but you could tell she certainly wasn't used to apologizing to anyone.

And...I LOVED the part when Bob was working the team outside and Gail was doing a slow jog. He told her to speed it up and she started walking! He sez "oh Gail that doesn't mean slow down!"

Looking forward to new team next week...Only thing that (always) worries me, is they are 'new' and don't really know anyone or have friends, so they are usually first on chopping block to send home (mostly cuz they've already proved they can do it at home).

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    Diet is 80% of weight loss but that is never mentioned on the show.
    Can I ask how you came up with that number? Purely mathematically, and at it's essence, 3500 calories equals 1 pound. Whether you diet that away, or work it off... it all comes to the same 3500 calorie reduction to lose the pound.

I know that how often you eat, what you eat, etc. affects metabolism... but so does exercise. I'm just really wondering how you got the 80 percent?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast