+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 4 Spoilers 1/24/12

Luv'ed, luv'ed, luv'ed the one hour format. Hear that BL producers. I would watch regularly if it was one hour, or at least more often. Can't believe all the drama that was fit in. The episode actually felt lively. Enjoyed the Day 1, Day 2 .... countdown. Luv'ed that we didn't have to see a last chance workout. It was much more interesting to see a montage of the day to day grueling workouts. Interesting to note that Chris is considered to have an abrasive personality. Ana Conda's isn't? She was down right mean and nasty when talking about Chris.

A bit of a side note: Does this season have the most whiners and "I wanna quiters" than any previous season. There are plenty of people who will take your place.

Seriously, the producers need to think about changing the format to 1 hour or do more 1 hour shows. It's a refreshing change and I think it will help the show keep viewers.
    Shoepie and sunshine3331 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Gail weighed 322 and now is down to 266. She has tendinitis in the hips. As a result she is in the pool a lot more.
    I think she will continue to lose weight but I think it will be iffy if she gets into wonderland for the finale.

I am surprised that Megan was not considered a possible vote off because she only lost 2 lbs.

Ok..here would be my deal working out with Dolvett. I will do everything you say, if you will only take your shirt off, smear oil all over your upper body and stand in front on me while I work out....is that too much to ask for?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Ok..here would be my deal working out with Dolvett. I will do everything you say, if you will only take your shirt off, smear oil all over your upper body and stand in front on me while I work out....is that too much to ask for?
    ME TOO, LOL.

Sad, I was looking at the applications for Season 14... they say you need to lose at least 85 pounds... thats about 20 more than I need to lose. I would gain 20 pounds if I thought it would get me on the Ranch! But I don't have a sad store or anything, so it would never happen. But seriously, these people are crazy for wasting this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I don't think that is too much to ask for, but I would make one minor change. Do it wearing only a speedo. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......... .........I am in happy land.
    captain likes this.

FORT Fanatic

On another note (other than Dolvett!), I do feel for Gail with the Tendonitis. Although I have been walking my dog evey morning, I finally got to the gym yesterday and actually ran 2 miles and walked another. But by the end of the night, my foot hurt so bad I couldn't walk. I've been trying my best to fight the issue with my foot (plantar faciatis), but it doesn't seem to want to go away. It's very frustrating as I really want to commit to a half marathon, and don't know if I can do it.

Sorry, off my soap box. I just hate seeing people on this show complaining so much when they have such an opportunity. I would work my butt off and take anything they put in front of me for the opportunity to leave my life and only focus on me (married, 3 kids, dog, full time job). I would spend 8 hours in a pool if I couldn't run, which is really what I like to do.

Maxkl - I'm also suffering with a similar foot issue & training for a half. I've decided to keep training, stretch my heel as much as I can stand, & hope for the best. Good luck to you.

Thumbs up on the hour show (thank you, US President Obama), thumbs down to all those whiny, crybaby contestants. This is the most I've watched of TBL this season & this bunch is really putting me off.
    Cootie likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm assuming you all with the plantar f. problems have seen a good foot doctor for orthotics. When I had this they were like a miracle cure...taped to my foot, and instant pain relief, and I'd been barely able to move for the pain. Then you have to do stretches that bend the foot forward towards the knee as it were, to keep things stretched out.
    It certainly does seem like a lot of quitters this season.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't know, I think I'm going to give Chris a break here. I don't think she was really serious-- it was called a major bad day-- and I agree with her that she was just begging for help. Also, if I had to live in the same house with that Ana Conda (like the nic) I would be on the verge of quitting myself. That, or walloping her one.
    I can't even believe it got that close between Chris and Gail for the vote. One bad day does not equal a quitter.... Joe was calm and rational when he quit, he had made up his mind. She was hysterical. Plus, she puts her all into her workouts and Gail doesn't. It was close to being another bad vote, but the first rational one so far.

Originally Posted by captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I don't think that is too much to ask for, but I would make one minor change. Do it wearing only a speedo. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......... .........I am in happy land.
    Oh, you ladies are so BAD! :p Seriously, or maybe not so seriously, what would our reaction have been if a guy had said that about Anna K last season? You sexist pigs.
    I'm kidding. He's hot. Really hot. He could wear a snowsuit, and I'd still be happy to work out for him.

ETA: I also really loved the one hour format. It's all we need, we still got the drama, and things weren't dragged out. Most shows get to the point of being mind-numbing boring... this one kept me interested.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 01-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast