+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Season 13- Episode 3- 01/17/12

Re: Season 13- Episode 3- 01/17/12

This week's episode will only be 1 hour long starting at 8pm due to the President's State of the Union speech.

Hope to see Team Aqua make the cut and join the others on the ranch knowing it will totally piss off Ana Conda.
    Shoepie and mandmmom2 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Ana Conda might be getting up there with Vickie and ??? (name just splipped me) as the most disliked contestant on BL.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Oh, Aqua Team will not be coming back until the episode on the Jan 31st.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really hope the aqua team comes in and kicks butt. Maybe they will but Conda in her place....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

This might be totally Psych 101, but ever since Conda started mouthing off, all I could think of is that she's become hardened. Obese people are made fun of and bullied. She and her brother are both obese and you can tell by photos they've shown that they have been this way for some time. I'm sure she was bullied quite a bit, and everyone reacts differently to the abuse. Some become introverted and turn into loners, others lash out and bully others in retaliation. It seems to me Conda is so used to having to put up her fists in defense it has just become part of her personality now to turn it into offense. It's sad too, because when you see her talking about her daughter she seems to just melt... and even sadder that she's setting such a hostile example for her daughter.

FORT Fogey

I still say that Conda is a narcissist. She's mean, she's a bully because it's her nature. Narcissists can care about their favorite child, or in Conda's case, her only child, because it's an extension of themselves. But what about others... Mike from the first show, or Cassandra... narcissists are too selfish for that.

I was picking up my daughter from academic team yesterday. As I was waiting for her I saw a girl, either 4th or 5th grade since those are the only grades allowed to be on AT, that was at least 200 pounds. I would venture to say she was close to 250. I could barely see her eyes because her face/cheeks were so big. It melted my heart. My daughter told me the big kids don't get made fun of that she is aware of but the bigger kids do most of bullying. My daughter is a victim of that. But she said some of the kids won't do anything active at all and even though the school lunchroom has rules about balance eating (they have to get a meat, veggie, and either a roll or pudding .....just an example) the kids only eat the junk and through the rest away. I would imagine my daughter does the same thing at times which is why she takes her lunch now. Anyway, all this to say is that Conda is in her twenties. She nees to grow up and take responsibility for her actions. I was victimized at 7yr old but I don't go around with a "whoa is me" attitude, I don't hate on people, I am not a mean person, I don't use what I went through as an excuse for failures, weight gain, etc in my life. I dealt with it and I have made sure to not let what happen get the best of me. It is what it is and there is nothing I can do about what happened but I can do something about my life and my actions now.

Off soap box....sorry.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I was picking up my daughter from academic team yesterday. As I was waiting for her I saw a girl, either 4th or 5th grade since those are the only grades allowed to be on AT, that was at least 200 pounds. I would venture to say she was close to 250. I could barely see her eyes because her face/cheeks were so big. It melted my heart. My daughter told me the big kids don't get made fun of that she is aware of but the bigger kids do most of bullying. My daughter is a victim of that. But she said some of the kids won't do anything active at all and even though the school lunchroom has rules about balance eating (they have to get a meat, veggie, and either a roll or pudding .....just an example) the kids only eat the junk and through the rest away. I would imagine my daughter does the same thing at times which is why she takes her lunch now. Anyway, all this to say is that Conda is in her twenties. She nees to grow up and take responsibility for her actions. I was victimized at 7yr old but I don't go around with a "whoa is me" attitude, I don't hate on people, I am not a mean person, I don't use what I went through as an excuse for failures, weight gain, etc in my life. I dealt with it and I have made sure to not let what happen get the best of me. It is what it is and there is nothing I can do about what happened but I can do something about my life and my actions now. Off soap box....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I still say that Conda is a narcissist. She's mean, she's a bully because it's her nature. Narcissists can care about their favorite child, or in Conda's case, her only child, because it's an extension of themselves. But what about others... Mike from the first show, or Cassandra... narcissists are too selfish for that.
    I tend to agree with you. One can definitely be obese and a narcissist at the same time. Some people even thrive in weight-loss only when they are in competition and put other obese people down. Of course, in the end, these types of people are the ones who become arrogant and cannot keep the weight off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789