+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Season 13: Episode 2 (01/10/12)

Re: Season 13: Episode 2 (01/10/12)

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Oops, my bad then! I agree with you, however, several of the people who wished to return home actually managed to lose the weight which is really the goal of the show, besides being the necessary goal of every morbidly obese person. True, they did not all necessarily achieve absolute thinness, but doctors advise overweight people to reach a weight that is realistic for them, rather than go all the way. In the case of Rulon, he almost reached the weight he had at the time of the Olympics (missed by 3 pounds I believe) which is healthy for an athlete. He probably weight the pros and cons, had also realized that he would probably not win TBL, and chose what was best for him, his career, and his family. In truth, there was nothing more for him to do at the ranch. The other day, I had a discussion with my insanely sports-nut brother about Antone Davis from Season 12, and he said that his weight loss was excessive. It's not a good idea for people to reach unrealistically low weight numbers, it's becoming dangerous. Helen, for example, won the contest, but in my opinion she looked terrible and was right to put on some weight. On the other hand, I cannot necessarily blame her. She and her daughter are not fantastically rich, and they had prodigiously large amounts of loose skin, so the $ 250,000 came in handy as they both had necessary plastic surgery they would normally not be able to afford. Which also means that they were probably able to take this expense off their taxes since it is for health reasons, rather than being an issue of vanity, like for example a face lift.
    I have to disagree with your sports nut brother, Antone Davis is 6'5" and weighted in at 245 lbs at the finale. He looked great and no longer is playing football so does not have to be a heavy as all those overweight defensive lines with huge guts and muffin tops I see playing professional football. Statistically a majority of retired professional football players become horrendously overweight because they no longer workout 6 or 7 hours a day but keep on eating as if they do. So good for Antone for recognizing he has a problem and doing something about it.

As for Rulon Gardner after he quit BL I found all these articles about him and he comes across as very calculating person who is out to get the most for himself. I don't really blame him for that as that is what most people do but he does tend to leave a lot of personal damage around himself.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    Hi...longtime reader, first time poster....

I have to watch the show the next morning because of either my work schedule or my son's activity schedule. That said, my DVR stopped recording as we were seeing the preview of someone zipping a suitcase on a bed for the next show. The tshirt on the person was black, so I will guess a black team person. Also, the words "Biggest Loser" on the tshirt were bright blue color. That indicates to me, it's a member of the bright blue team. Since Mike was the red team member (formerly of the bright blue team) that just was voted off, my guess is it's his brother (Joe?) quitting.

Only my guess.....
    to FORT, ryansmom! Good eye...we'll see if you are right.

Did you know there is also a ryansmommy at FORT? S/he posts a lot under the current events thread on the election, so I was really surprised to see you were a new member--misread the name at first!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    to FORT, ryansmom! Good eye...we'll see if you are right.

Did you know there is also a ryansmommy at FORT? S/he posts a lot under the current events thread on the election, so I was really surprised to see you were a new member--misread the name at first!
    Thank you for the warm welcome One of the perks of watching on the DVR is the rewind/pause/frame by frame feature... I think I rewound it three times to see the color of that shirt! Looking forward to seeing if I'm right...even tho I hate to see anyone quit! (takes a spot away from someone else who wanted it)

Don't worry about confusing me with ryansmommy....trust me, I go NOWHERE near political threads/discussions!

Hi...longtime reader, first time poster....

I have to watch the show the next morning because of either my work schedule or my son's activity schedule. That said, my DVR stopped recording as we were seeing the preview of someone zipping a suitcase on a bed for the next show. The tshirt on the person was black, so I will guess a black team person. Also, the words "Biggest Loser" on the tshirt were bright blue color. That indicates to me, it's a member of the bright blue team. Since Mike was the red team member (formerly of the bright blue team) that just was voted off, my guess is it's his brother (Joe?) quitting.

Only my guess.....

WELCOME!!!!

I caught the black shirt but not the wording. We'll find out tomorrow!!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I went to the site to view the preview but won't play. Family visits, oh god I hate those. I watch with liberal use of FF as it is. Looks like this week I will be catching about 10 minutes of it! I do like the chinese buffet challenge idea. Food temtations are my favorite.

I'll be FF as well since I can't watch live anymore. I'll probably start watching around 9 EDST.

I like food challenges too.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thank you for the warm welcome One of the perks of watching on the DVR is the rewind/pause/frame by frame feature... I think I rewound it three times to see the color of that shirt! Looking forward to seeing if I'm right...even tho I hate to see anyone quit! (takes a spot away from someone else who wanted it)

Don't worry about confusing me with ryansmommy....trust me, I go NOWHERE near political threads/discussions!
    Well, s/he also posts for shows, too---I know for something I watch, maybe Survivor, so you will probably see the other Ryan's parent around the site. I just meant that right now we only seem to be overlapping on the political threads in Current Events.
    I only have vcr to record, and it is so hard to do a good freeze frame that I miss the kind of detail you are getting. We'll see! I'm sure you'll post again--once you start it can be a bit addictive!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, s/he also posts for shows, too---I know for something I watch, maybe Survivor, so you will probably see the other Ryan's parent around the site. I just meant that right now we only seem to be overlapping on the political threads in Current Events.
    I only have vcr to record, and it is so hard to do a good freeze frame that I miss the kind of detail you are getting. We'll see! I'm sure you'll post again--once you start it can be a bit addictive!
    No doubt...I belong to quite a few message boards, have met some good friends that way; but watch VERY LITTLE reality tv. I've watched this show since it began..I just love it! It's so inspirational & motivating. While having those functions on the DVR, it can also be a real pain in the you know what! Especially watching sports! For instance, watching a hockey game w/ the husband....if they blow a call (say 'no goal' or 'offside'), he'll take the remote and rewind MANY times and watch it over and over frame by frame! Ugh! I tell him: you can review and holler all ya want...but THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234