+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Season 13: Episode 2 (01/10/12)

Re: Season 13: Episode 2 (01/10/12)

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo View Post
    Has Bob always been this whiny? "Those are my workouts" Really?
    It seems like he is trying to channel Jillian this season. It isn't working. Badass Bob is there, but whiny Bob needs to go. Maybe part of it was that he didn't feel well. You could tell from his voice that he was sick. I know when I am sick I am whiny.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow, Conda just SHOT right past the others, straight to the top of my "can't stand you" list! She seriously needs to STHU!! When Mike made that comment to her brother at the first weigh in, I took it as a joke - it's not like he could be calling anyone ELSE overweight; he was bigger than her widdle baby bwother. And how embarrassing for the brother, to have his sister fighting his (alleged) battles for him!
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo View Post
    Has Bob always been this whiny? "Those are my workouts" Really?
    That made me LOL! Geez, ya think he wants some cheese with that whine?

I think that whining is an integral part of the show. Bob's may be just for the whole spectacle of the show and/or due to editing. As for overweight jokes, I'm not saying necessarily that you guys are wrong, but very overweight people are sensitive to them. I understand that it's a joke one overweight person makes to another, but I have the following experience: two girls in my high school used to hang out together, both with a weight problem. Girl A, let's call her R., was certainly more overweight than Girl B, let's call her L. Yet, in order for R. to lose weight, she needed to be competitive and even mean to L. To date R. is struggling with her weight and still needs to be competitive with some friend of hers in order to lose. She obviously puts it back on once the competition is over and/or the competitor drops out and/or R. completes her weight loss. And she can be really mean despite the fact that she is usually the more overweight person.

The bottom-line is that we really don't know everything about these people, their dark side, etc. What I found interesting to hear for example, is that Mike considers his unmanaged anger as the reason for his overeating. VERY interesting, that.

Just my two cents, of course, I may very well be wrong here.

Conda, really, your 22 year old brother needs big sis to defend him. While overall defending your family is a nice sentiment was it really warranted in this situation? I thought Conda was overly sensitive and the way she said it out loud at last week's weigh in comes across as she can be one vindictive bitch. I normally do not watch the vote off as it is boring and overly sentimental but I watched tonight and watching the expression on Conda's face was like watching a pit bull in complete fight mode and it also came across incredibly vindictive and personal. A week after the previous weight in and nothing was said about Mike calling Jeremy a "tank" until this moment? Why? That being said when Mike finally revealed true emotion, that he felt abandoned by his brother I was amazed that Conda's bitch mode was shut down and she too became a flawed human being that was able to show understanding towards Mike. (I certainly would not want to be on that woman's bad side...I do wonder what Mike had done the two weeks he was on the ranch because he certainly rubbed his team the wrong way?). I must admit I did like the shots of Mike and his daughter making dinner together and shooting hoops. It is going to be one interesting finale this season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, I wonder who quits next week?

Oh, anyone else think if the two ladies had originally bet 2% the Red Team would have had 5lbs advantage?

It is also possible that they show certain people who will leave soon under a negative light. Editing again...

I'm having to watch late because I am now teaching a Circuit and Yoga class on Tuesday nights. Here are some of my thoughts (if I can remember thema ll):

*Bob is whinny and a baby and acts entitled. How much do you want to bet he got those moves from other trainers in the past or from Jillian herself? I used to like Bob but last season and this season his ego has risen to make me not like him so much. He would have lost that weigh in if it weren't for the stupid bet.

*Conda needs to grow up. She is 24 yrs old and acts like she is still in middle and high school. You can not take things personally on that ranch. Everyone is under a lot of stress...physically, emotionally, mentally....which leads to saying things they normally wouldn't, acting like they normally wouldn't, etc. You can usually tell when someone isn't being their normal self. Conda needs to grow up and get some help for the vindictive nature she has.

*Mike shouldn't have said what he did last week at weigh in but I don't really think he meant it to be mean. But he should have apolgoized to them both once he found out that Condo was pissed. Of course, maybe he did but editing didn't show it. He does have a lot of anger issues. I saw that early in the show. I do wonder why he didn't meet his half brother until age 12, which was the same age he was when he started going on the road with his dad and gained 50 lbs in one summer.

*Kim (the dark hair wrestler) is too cocky. She doesn't think before she acts or speaks. As a result she cost the team the weigh in. At times I like her but at other times I don't.

*Gail is...can't think of the right word...but I don't like her. She is trying to get by.

*The son...the youngest one....he has a good head on his shoulders. Too bad he is on Bob's team.

*I am surprised Kim and the other chick wasn't up for elimination. It was their fault they lost the weight in.

*It looked like a black team member quits next week.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here is the updated weight loss % by team and in order from hightest to lowest % loss.

Dulvett: 5.99%
    Buddy 403/372/-31/7.69%
    Kim 252/236/-16/6.35%
    Roy 306/287/-19/6.21%
    Kim S 219/206/-13/5.94%
    Mark 291/274/-17/5.84%
    Conda 294/278/-16/5.44%
    Lauren 246/233/-13/5.28%
    Nancy 217/207/-10/4.61%

Bob: 5.31%
    Cassandra 239/220/-19/7.95% hightest for both teams
    Joe 357/334/-23/6.44%
    Christine 240/226/-14/5.83%
    Chism 361/341/-20/5.54%
    Emily 264/250/-14/5.30%
    Jeremy 389/369/-20/5.14%
    Gail 322/308/-14/4.35%
    Megan 259/248/-11/-4.25%

At the top is Cassandra, Buddy, Joe, and Kim
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast