+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

Here we go again.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

One lady has 13 children and 55 grandchildren. Have she ever heard of birth control?

FORT Fogey

I really wish they wouldn't start by eliminating one pair before they even get through the gates, even if they do get a chance to earn their way back on the show. It just seems needlessly cruel. I also didn't really like that one of the challenges to get on the show involved not just a physical test but a puzzle as well. I'm sure I could definitely outrun any of them (which isn't much to brag about, I realize, particularly since I'm not overweight), but I stink at puzzles. And really, what does the ability to solve a puzzle have to do with their desire to lose weight? In the past, at least, when they've included quizzes, they've been further along in the competition and have been based on stuff they should have learned--calorie counts, healthier food choices etc.--that have something to do with losing weight/maintaining a healthier lifestyle.

Not thrilled with the idea of two male trainers either--they couldn't find any female trainer to take Jillian's place?

And I really, really hope the red team turn out to be nice people, because I'd hate to be put in the position of disliking Mr. and Mrs. Claus (and you know they had to be put in the red shirts the moment the show got a look at those two).

I actually don't mind a Dolvett vs Bob show.

OK I am having a problem with Dolvett going mental because his team is taking water breaks and going to the bathroom. What does he want, his team to pass out due to dehydration, that's really smart. Or does his simply want them to piss in their pants. That was totally stupid.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Guess no one is watching this show....thought it might be too soon after the Holiday Break, and this might be a super long season after all the finale won't be until May. That's 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Guess no one is watching this show....thought it might be too soon after the Holiday Break, and this might be a super long season after all the finale won't be until May. That's 5 months.
    I'm here, I'm here! I had no clue the show was even starting until I happened to stumble across it; it has NOT be advertised around here at all!

Haven't seen anyone I can't stand yet, LOL. I've always wondered how long it was gonna be till someone got hurt & the stupid first challenge & it finally happened! It would really stink if being injured causes the poor guy to get sent home because of poor weight loss!

FORT Fanatic

It doesn't start here for a couple of hours but I'm not sure I'm going to watch this season. I stopped watching it about halfway through last season. Just got too bored with it. I figure I can always catch up on here if I need a Biggest Loser fix

Last season I didn't even get into it until about halfway through either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I actually don't mind a Dolvett vs Bob show.

OK I am having a problem with Dolvett going mental because his team is taking water breaks and going to the bathroom. What does he want, his team to pass out due to dehydration, that's really smart. Or does his simply want them to piss in their pants. That was totally stupid.
    I didn't get the objection to bathroom breaks either. Some people just need to take bathroom breaks more often than others, and it's a little early to assume people are slacking off just because they need to go to the bathroom. It also confused me that he was complaining to the people on the treadmills about everyone taking so many breaks. Shouldn't he be complaining to the people who were taking the breaks? I swear, I would have turned to him and said, "You know, I'm not the one in the bathroom. Why are you talking to me about this?"

As for the water breaks, aren't they carting water bottles around with them the way most people in gyms do? Is there any reason they can't be drinking while on the treadmills?

I was also very scared for the guy who got so disoriented he had no idea who Bob was. I know they want to lose as much weight as soon as possible, but some people just have to start out more slowly, because they're in such bad shape to begin with that they can't safely go full tilt boogie right from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I really wish they wouldn't start by eliminating one pair before they even get through the gates, even if they do get a chance to earn their way back on the show. It just seems needlessly cruel. I also didn't really like that one of the challenges to get on the show involved not just a physical test but a puzzle as well. I'm sure I could definitely outrun any of them (which isn't much to brag about, I realize, particularly since I'm not overweight), but I stink at puzzles. And really, what does the ability to solve a puzzle have to do with their desire to lose weight? In the past, at least, when they've included quizzes, they've been further along in the competition and have been based on stuff they should have learned--calorie counts, healthier food choices etc.--that have something to do with losing weight/maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
    Totally agree on both of these points! When Ali was saying that one pair would be going home, I just threw my hands up & kept saying, " I HATE when they do this! It SUCKS!"

On the puzzle, I'm glad SOMEONE on the show (was it green?) heard me & started working it out on the ground to save all that time sliding the pieces on & off the poles. But it would have been better for that second leg to be a purely physical challenge, especially since the first & third legs were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast