+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

Re: season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

I think Dolvett may have sensed that some people were taking bathroom breaks as an avoidance technique. I remember my mother telling me that her sister always had to go to the bathroom right after supper so she'd end up having to clean the table and dishes herself- in the meantime the sister was reading and having a cigarette in the bathroom.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I stayed up late to watch the show since I didn't get home until late. There were two people I felt like I won't like soon....one was a girl (I can't remember what color team she is but I remember thinking "She will get on my nerves fast") and the other is the blue shirt guy. He got so upset about being split from his sister.

I thought it was so funny how the older lady with 13 kids said she wanted to be on Dulvette's team b/c he is hot. I would have to agree with her. I also think it's funny how Dulvette ended up with all the older and injured people (mostly) but still won the weigh in. I was rooting for him!!

How stupid is the black team? Let's vote off the player who can help our team loose the most. I know he volunteered himself but I wouldn't have voted for him. Bob is going to be livid!!!

I aslo agree Dulvette went over the top with the whole bathroom/water break. I think he was already upset with them all b/c you could tell they weren't giving their all. I also wonder why they didn't have their water bottles with them. Then I thought maybe the new gym sponsors who supplied all the equipment asked for no drinks at all near the equipment. Not sure though.
    I sorta go with the idea if they really don't want to be there they are not going to be giving it their all and anyone but me going also a volunteer makes it an easy vote.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I totally got the objection to the potty breaks - just an excuse to walk away from the workout for an indeterminate time. It's like Bart Simpson needing to go before the big test in Ms Kerbopple's class. Dolvett was right to call them out for it.

So the big blonde was a weightlifter? We only caught the 2nd half & heard her refer to being a former athlete. And a former pro wrestler. I see those two being the season's stars - former athletes always do well since they know what it takes.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Oh, Dolvett is SOOO gonna kill them when he finds out what they just did!!
    Err, Bob, I meant Bob. DUHHHH

Just waiting to see the Smurf Rage.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I can't help it, I seriously adore Dolvett. In my opinion he is the perfect combination of Supportive Friend and Drill Instructor.

I have had a weight problem all of my adult life. I'm a yo-yo dieter and have always hated exercise in any form. Two years ago I created a gorgeous exercise room with a Life Fitness Eliptical trainer and a treadmill and mounted a flat screen TV on the wall... but used it maybe twice. After watching Dolvett last season something happened. Two months ago I started getting up 45 minutes earlier. I have been walking 25 minutes, about 1.5 miles every morning before I go to work while watching an episode of Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond on DVD. I'm loving it. It isn't much, but you figure I've walked about 40 miles in the last two months and that's more than I've done in the last five years put together. I just ordered a Total Gym for that room as well, and can't wait for it to get here. I've lost 10 lbs, and have about 40 more to go. I'm not dieting, I'm just watching what goes into my body and I'm adding regular exercise to my life for the first time. It has to be when you are ready.

Somehow that man inspired me when no other trainer on this show has before. Hey, whatever works.

FORT Newbie

good for you CookieJ, like you said it is all when you are ready. I also love Dolvett and think he is a great addition to the show (not bad for the eyes either). Last year with Bob so smug about winning who can blame Dolvett for being excited to win the first weigh in. Next week it should be interesting to see Bob react to the elimination.

That's great CookieJ!!! You are right....you have to want it. I think Ben didn't realize how much he was going to miss his family. I guess with so many kids he felt guilty also. Not sure but I bearcata..you are right...if they don't want to be there then they won't give it their all.

I agree....Dulvette is a great addition to this show. I enjoy watching him and listening to him:-).

I did notice that one of the ladies has more upper body fat than her lower body. I don't remember which one. I just remember thinking it was the first time a lady with that body shape has been on the BL.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I think Dolvett may have sensed that some people were taking bathroom breaks as an avoidance technique. I remember my mother telling me that her sister always had to go to the bathroom right after supper so she'd end up having to clean the table and dishes herself- in the meantime the sister was reading and having a cigarette in the bathroom.
    Ahhhhh....didn't think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    I can't help it, I seriously adore Dolvett. In my opinion he is the perfect combination of Supportive Friend and Drill Instructor.

Somehow that man inspired me when no other trainer on this show has before. Hey, whatever works.
    Congratulations Cookie!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast