+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

Re: season 13 - episode 1 - 01/03/12

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind if they waited till the second week to send someone home, just to give a fair chance to people that might just make a slower start. Maybe pick the bottom 3 or 4 from the first week on each team & have those be the only ones eligible to be eliminated the second week.

Oh, Dolvett is SOOO gonna kill them when he finds out what they just did!!

FORT Fogey

Is anyone else tired of hearing the inevitable "I need to be here!" weeping during pre-elimination discussions? Well, of course you need to be there. You wouldn't be chosen for the show unless you needed to be there. I'm equally tired of the assumption that the older competitors should sacrifice themselves for the sake of the younger ones. Again, everyone needs to be there. A younger person conceivably could have more time to lose the weight and fewer health problems/commitments that would keep them from sticking with a problem.

I can't believe the team voted off Ben, even if he asked to be voted off. I can't imagine the look on their trainer's face when he realizes that the guy who lost the most weight is gone. That's not going to help keep them out of the elimination room in the future.

I'm glad, however, that Ben has kept with the program and has lost fifty pounds. It does seem to have been a good decision for him, but for the team...I'm not so sure.

I had forgotten it was starting tonight. I saw the last hour or so. I need to figure out who is who and why they are on which team, etc.
    There's no place like home!

Hmmm.... Ben, the biggest loser on the Black Team and safe from elimination volunteered to go home and they sent him home. I thank the editors and producers for making a montage of the voting process and it being over very quickly with 5 votes for Ben and off home he went. He started the season at 396 and is now 346. He lost 15lbs at the first weigh in and 35 lbs more at home for a total of 50lbs. He wants to lose 150 lbs or weight in at 246 lbs by the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Bob was complaining a lot about this being the smallest group they have had in a long time. Well, I checked and 9 of the ladies range from 5'3" to 5'5" and range in weight from 217 to 294 so yeah a normal group for a change and not all these 5'8", 5'9", 5'10" giant females at 300 lbs plus. There are two taller females, Kim who is 5'7" at 252 and Gail who is 5'10" at 322.

This is going to be a 20 episode season plus the finale so I think we are going to see the majority of these folks reach their goal weights and we won't all be shaking our heads the finale wondering why all these folks still look fat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I'm actually glad the current group of contestants aren't in the four to five hundred pound range the way they have the last few seasons. If they want to have a cast of extremely heavy contestants, I think they need a longer season or two seasons with the same people. Realistically, seriously obese people may have a host of problems that keep them from jumping from completely sedentary lifestyles into demanding exercise programs, and they're more likely to hurt themselves (e.g. the pounding their joints take on a treadmill is a lot more than what the joints of someone of a normal weight take). With some of those really heavy contestants, I was worried about heart attacks as well. Of course they need to lose the weight, but they need to do it safely--and yes, it is kind of discouraging to have casts where they still look very heavy at the end of the season, even though they've lost hundreds of pounds between them. I'm sure it's somewhat discouraging to them too. But if they were able to stretch the season out, they'd see more progress as would the audience, and it would be more realistic. Most people who weight 500 pounds didn't get there overnight, and they're not going to lose the weight overnight either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I had forgotten it was starting tonight. I saw the last hour or so. I need to figure out who is who and why they are on which team, etc.
    I thought the first show was interesting. Most of the contestants came to the ranch with a family member, except for the female weightlifter and somebody else. Then everybody had two hours to work with both trainers to find out which trainer they preferred. Then Alison told the pairs that all of the pairs would be separated onto two different teams. So if one person chose Bob, the relative they came to the ranch with, would train with Dolvett.
    captain likes this.

I stayed up late to watch the show since I didn't get home until late. There were two people I felt like I won't like soon....one was a girl (I can't remember what color team she is but I remember thinking "She will get on my nerves fast") and the other is the blue shirt guy. He got so upset about being split from his sister.

I thought it was so funny how the older lady with 13 kids said she wanted to be on Dulvette's team b/c he is hot. I would have to agree with her. I also think it's funny how Dulvette ended up with all the older and injured people (mostly) but still won the weigh in. I was rooting for him!!

How stupid is the black team? Let's vote off the player who can help our team loose the most. I know he volunteered himself but I wouldn't have voted for him. Bob is going to be livid!!!

I aslo agree Dulvette went over the top with the whole bathroom/water break. I think he was already upset with them all b/c you could tell they weren't giving their all. I also wonder why they didn't have their water bottles with them. Then I thought maybe the new gym sponsors who supplied all the equipment asked for no drinks at all near the equipment. Not sure though.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here are week 1 results:

Bob's Team:
    Cassandra 239/225/-14/5.86%
    Ben 396/381/-15/3.79%
    Emily 264/254/-10/3.79%
    Mike 358/345/-13/3.63%
    Jeremy 389/376/-13/3.34%
    Christine 240/232/-8/3.33%
    Chism (Isaac) 361/349/-12/3.32%
    Gail 322/313/-9/2.80%
    Megan 259/252/-7/2.70%

Dulvette's Team:
    Buddy 403/381/-22/5.46%
    Kim 252/239/-13/5.16%
    Roy 306/292/-14/4.58%
    Joe 357/342/-15/4.20%
    Kim 219/210/-9/4.11%
    Lauren 246/237/-9/3.66%
    Mark 291/282/-9/3.09%
    Conda 294/285/-9/3.06%
    Nancy 217/212/-5/2.30%

I'm not 100% sure that these are the teams. I looked it up and the show's website doesn't show black v red.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast