+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
    I'm curious as to what everyone thought about the changes they made to the finale.
    I am happy that they changed the format in regards to not watching all the sappy stuff which we have seen ad nausem.
    captain likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finale Thoughts....

I wasn't fond of the new format. I actually like seeing them in their workout clothes because sometimes they look better in spandex than they do in whatever the producers have poured them into. I like that one person gets to stand next to Allie as the biggest loser until someone takes over their spot. It seemed awkward the way they did it this time.

I was surprised Jennifer beat Vinny- she didn't look as skinny as I thought she should have to beat Big Vinny. She's a pretty lady, but waaaay too much make-up tonight.

Patrick was HOT!!!!

Last year I remember thinking how they finally had a finale where most everyone looked to have lost the most weight they could have because in previous seasons they still seemed like there was a lot to lose. The 'at home' people didn't blow me away tonight except for maybe Patrick and Vinny. Did I mention Patrick looked hot???

Ramon still bugs me. They really had him cinched into that compression garment- whatever weight he had to lose was bound so tightly I'm surprised he could breathe. His shape didn't look natural at all. Glad there was no proposal- too overdone lately. I bet that was Jessica's choice.

I was surprised that John didn't mention Dolvette at all in his speech. He mentioned Bob and thanked him several times, but he clearly snubbed Dolvette. I thought that was odd and there seemed like some untold story there. I didn't even see Dolvette go over to him when the confetti was falling. Strange.

I'm glad that even though there was a commercial every 5 minutes or so, we weren't shown there 'this is how they got here" over and over. They didn't even show them at home crossing off days on the calender until the finale, working out, breaking down, crying, plateauing, etc. Nothing. Works for me.

I can't believe it starts again in a few weeks. Too soon...

FORT Fanatic

Watching it now and I have to say that Becky's transformation is an absolute inspiration for those of us that are over 50. She looks stunning!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was surprised that John didn't mention Dolvette at all in his speech. He mentioned Bob and thanked him several times, but he clearly snubbed Dolvette. I thought that was odd and there seemed like some untold story there. I didn't even see Dolvette go over to him when the confetti was falling. Strange.
    I recall when Dolvette visited John's home. He seemed completely clueless about John's personal life. He didn't even know that he worked at a school rather than an "office", etc. Something was going on even back then. I was actually a little disappointed in Dolvette. Ok, a LOT disappointed. The thing is, no one is a prick unless he/she is suffering in some way. Bob gets that - and he gets to the core of it. As did Jillian. Dolvette is either generally

I noticed that everyone rushed to Antone at the end rather than John. John certainly didn't make any friends while at the ranch - maybe none at all. However, I can relate to the story he told during the finale and I am 100% ok with him winning - despite some icky behavior.

For me, he is far more inspirational than many because of the emotional growth he achieved AND because he demonstrated to both himself and the viewer exactly what hard work and dedication can do.
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-14-2011 at 01:56 AM.

If you watch at the end, John holds Dolvette close and says "for that I'm sorry". I think he was telling him he was sorry for not thanking him for his help.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I like the new format. It seemed to move faster. I had to watch in real time, which was torture, but I survived it by going back and forth to another show. I have DIRECTV so I can put both shows on pause for FF time as I do this and not miss anything.

Those undergarments on the men were way beyond the strength of Spanx! I understand why; the hanging skin on their bellies must be profound; their arms showed the ravages of weight loss.

Jennifer. What a strange woman; the display with Bob was embarassing. She should have worn a dress with sleeves.

The twist on the new season is just NOT that shocking. It appeared that some of them (I think) may not be as heavy as some recently making for a good finale.

I am not going to like Santa Clause. Not the man but the constant reference. I know this. They took one look at him and said good make over material.

I am going to say this again because I like to be a broken record, apparently. Two teams, different trainers and different diets. Low carb (not Atkins) vs calorie counting. Please something different. This show needs a format change like no other. And Jan 3rd already?

Becky, Jessica and Sunny looked fabulous!

A word for women who try out for the show. Notice, last night, all the women carry their weight below the waist. They never have an apple shaped body. The reason is clear. The after is more dramatic when you see a small waist and upper body emerge. This is something I have noticed since the first season.

John didn't work with Dovette for long and Bob continued to work with him until the end. I suspect that Dovette did last chance workouts with him for the camera only. It was clear Dovette did not know John at all. Not his fault.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Just a few points from me as well.

John obviously drank the Bob kool-aid. I hate how Bob makes his contestants so dependant on him that when he's supposed to turn them loose, they rely on him too much. It's happened in the past that contestants have been in TEARS over losing Bob. Dolvett is a fine trainer from what I've seen, and people can benefit from a change of trainer. Bob's obviously a great trainer and I love how he continues a relationship with contestants, but it's bs that Dolvett didn't get his due.

I mentioned this already but Sunny obviously got fourth in the at home prize because they said there was only one percent difference between her and Patrick. By stating that, however, they gave away that Patrick got third before the three contestants even weighed in. The show was boring enough, why give away the placement of one of the final three, for pete's sake?

In any case, not the most exciting finale, but it was close enough between Antone and John to make at least that weigh-in interesting. Also, every year I have such a feeling of relief that it's Aly hosting and not Caroline. Caroline was absolutely cringe worthy in the live show, it's hard to forget how bad that was. lol

I do agree that John probably needed the money more than Antone and that is wife has a lot on her with having an austic child to raise. Did they ever bring this up before the finale? I don't remember and I normally remember stuff like that. Not only did he not truly let Dulvette in but he didn't let anyone see the true him.

I am okay with John winning. I just didn't want Ramon to win at all. He grades on me..my husband said it's b/c he is over the top in everything he does.

I liked the new format but would have liked to seen everyone weigh instead of so many commercials.

There was supposed to be some announcement by Bob but he never made one....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post

There was supposed to be some announcement by Bob but he never made one....
    I think that was a joke. When he gave the flowers to Jennifer he said (tounge in cheek) that they had an announcement after the show. I think he was making light of the fact that there would be no marriage proposal from Ramon to Jessica as many people had expected.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Just a few points from me as well.

John obviously drank the Bob kool-aid. I hate how Bob makes his contestants so dependant on him that when he's supposed to turn them loose, they rely on him too much. It's happened in the past that contestants have been in TEARS over losing Bob. Dolvett is a fine trainer from what I've seen, and people can benefit from a change of trainer. Bob's obviously a great trainer and I love how he continues a relationship with contestants, but it's bs that Dolvett didn't get his due.

I mentioned this already but Sunny obviously got fourth in the at home prize because they said there was only one percent difference between her and Patrick. By stating that, however, they gave away that Patrick got third before the three contestants even weighed in. The show was boring enough, why give away the placement of one of the final three, for pete's sake?

In any case, not the most exciting finale, but it was close enough between Antone and John to make at least that weigh-in interesting. Also, every year I have such a feeling of relief that it's Aly hosting and not Caroline. Caroline was absolutely cringe worthy in the live show, it's hard to forget how bad that was. lol
    Transference happens with trainers just as with therapists. The ranch is an intense experience which only serves to heighten these feelings. Many felt this way about Jillian, as well. I like Bob and the clients attachment to him shows me he is doing a good job.

And yes on Carolyn! Worst host of any reality show. She was clearly not into the job.

John was just on Today. He is still very overweight. I knew he had more to lose last night but not until seeing him out of context did it show so much.

+ Reply to Thread