+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Am just starting to watch the tape...not too crazy about Allie's dress I have to say. Nice color but there seems to be too much cloth on top. I guess the new song is ok, but I kind of liked the old one, the what have you done lately one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Guys, there's a reason that there is a multi-million dollar diet industry-the same thing does NOT work for everyone. You can talk to one "expert" who will give you examples of why their method works, & then hear at least a dozen more who vehemently disagree and can back it up with their own examples. All the arguments about how someone's own personal philosophy is the only way (for diet & exercise) is a big part of what scares people needing to make a lifestyle change, IMO. TBL espouses the most basic method - burn more calories than you take in. You can take it or leave it but to mock what clearly works for at least some is like saying a cancer patient shouldn't consider chemotherapy because your aunt's friend's husband tried it & he died anyway. It blows my mind. Succeed, but do it in the manner I approve of or it must be wrong. As for Debbie, I think it was clear TBL wasn't a good experience for her. For someone who must have spent considerable time & trouble to be on the show, she doesn't seem that invested in changing. That is her choice & I hope whatever path she chooses works for her.
    I think Debbie might have a major obstacle in her life that she hasn't dealt with... which is why she wasn't able to embrace the Biggest Loser experience. I think she wanted to go home to her favorite food.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Sheila...so ok, from that description I guess she wouldn't have had to deal with the sagging "apron" effect from the stretched belly skin. I agree, very unusual placement of her fat. But glad it worked for her...and at 42 she probably still had a reasonable amount of estrogen going on naturally, which would help with the skin.
    Yes, that's right, she still gets her period regularly, even now that she is almost 45. Judging from her mother who became menopausal in her 50's, she should be good for several years. It's not a guarantee, of course, but it is possible. She has always had a good belly tone. On the other hand, I have another friend who has never seen a day of excess fat in her life, and who has never had kids either. Yet, her belly has sagging skin which she can minimize if she takes Pilates and Extreme Abdominal Torturous Exercise classes. If she stops, it goes back to sagging skin. It's a total mystery to me...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... that's amazing, no fat, no pregnancy and still sagging.... poor thing.
    Last edited by PWS; 12-17-2011 at 06:26 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally finished the tape....John seemed in a daze or something, kind of sober. You could see him apologizing to Dovett during the confetti period. Debbie and John had a long hug. I guess even though she left early, as oldsters they'd bonded.
    So Jennifer, the at home winner, actually lost a half a percentage point more than Ramon, the 3rd place finisher. Ramon lost 2/10s of a percentage point more than Patrick though. Jennifer should be grateful she went home. John was still 5 percentage points ahead of his nearest competitor, nearly as far ahead as he was at the last weigh in.
    John's wife doesn't look as though she even got her hair done before the show....looks kind of exhausted. I hope he really does make it up to her now. At least he knows he owes her---if they split she's got it on tape! Hope the money and the "fame" give them a 2nd chance, a house, and some relief for his wife from the childcare.

I would bet that Ramon wanted to propose but Jessica told him not too.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I would bet that Ramon wanted to propose but Jessica told him not too.
    Smart girl. If she had said anything but yes he probably would have made some grand gesture and end up bleeding all over the stage.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have created a new spreadsheet for season 13. The only thing I can't find are their heights. I can't believe it starts in two weeks.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I have created a new spreadsheet for season 13. The only thing I can't find are their heights. I can't believe it starts in two weeks.
    Try The Biggest Loser: No Excuses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia they will eventually have the heights.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks. I'll keep checking it out to get the heights.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread