+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Why the heck does it take NBC forever to get the before and after photos posted? It's not as if they didn't have them in a computer somewhere before the show even airs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Bob was just kidding about an announcement when he handed the bouquet to Jennifer: she's obsessed with him, but I think he's gay. I have always muted a lot of what's on the shows. I thought John was a chef at a restaurant. How did he lose his business and house? When the show started with a band playing, I turned my TV off while I ate dinner. When they showed that Debbie only lost 33 pounds, I thought she might have volunteered to be the first to be voted off because she wanted to go home to eat. I muted most of what the three finalists said, since I know a lot about their views, and I know their history at the ranch.

Someone told me that John said on the Today show that he was comfortable with his current weight and that he wore a 34x32....my dad is 6'2" and wears a 32x34 so I wonder if he got that backwards because he is taller. I think he is at a decent weight for his height. My dad is skinny...only weights 170ish. He's been that way his whole life and all his sisters and brothers are that way...now, why didn't I get that gene?!?!?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Bob was just kidding about an announcement when he handed the bouquet to Jennifer: she's obsessed with him, but I think he's gay. I have always muted a lot of what's on the shows. I thought John was a chef at a restaurant. How did he lose his business and house? When the show started with a band playing, I turned my TV off while I ate dinner. When they showed that Debbie only lost 33 pounds, I thought she might have volunteered to be the first to be voted off because she wanted to go home to eat. I muted most of what the three finalists said, since I know a lot about their views, and I know their history at the ranch.
    Debbie weighted in at 239 at the ranch. She lost 6 lbs the first week and was 233. At home over a 7 month period she lost another 27lbs and managed to walk a marathon at a 24 minute mile pace.

Many of the critics of the show who say that the contestants lose their weight too fast should be thrilled with Debbie as she was able to do it slowly and surely, averaging slightly less than a pound a week if you just calculate 27 lbs lost in 7 months. Somehow I don't think too many people will be watching the superslow version of Biggest Loser if they ever film it.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-15-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    spockwhat likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

@Bearcata Totally. The medium IS the message.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Debbie weighted in at 239 at the ranch. She lost 6 lbs the first week and was 233. At home over a 7 month period she lost another 27lbs and managed to walk a marathon at a 24 minute mile pace. Many of the critics of the show who say that the contestants lose their weight too fast should be thrilled with Debbie as she was able to do it slowly and surely, averaging slightly less than a pound a week if you just calculate 27 lbs lost in 7 months. Somehow I don't think too many people will be watching the superslow version of Biggest Loser if they ever film it.
    If Debbie had continued to eat the kind of food that those at the ranch were eating... broccoli and fish... and exercised 6 to 8 hours a day, she would have lost as much weight as those at the ranch. I don't think she could tolerate the restricted diet. If a contestant has gained weight at the time of the finale, or if they're back to their starting weight, do they have to show up at the finale?

I think that Debbie has a better chance of keeping off the weight than anyone else. Plus it is a medical fact that being at ideal weight after being obese is not necessarily what one needs to do. Just losing 10% of one's weight can tackle serious health problems, and of course, if one can maintain a weight they are comfortable with, that's a great success, certainly so when compared to binging and dieting which is disastrous.

I didn't think that Debbie was overly obese. Plus she won't be dealing with too much excess skin if at all which is very much an issue for most contestants.

About the excess skin: it's one of the evils of rapid weight loss for most, but it can be avoided. One of my closest friends lost 150 pounds on her own over the course of 2+ years through diet and exercise. It is also true that she was blessed with great skin genes. Anyway, she doesn't have an ounce of loose skin, and yes, I would know if she did, we do share these kinds of details, and she did show me her belly.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    If Debbie had continued to eat the kind of food that those at the ranch were eating... broccoli and fish... and exercised 6 to 8 hours a day, she would have lost as much weight as those at the ranch. I don't think she could tolerate the restricted diet. If a contestant has gained weight at the time of the finale, or if they're back to their starting weight, do they have to show up at the finale?
    Can folks please get over the broccoli and fish comment that Sunny made. It is an example of two food groups not the Broccoli and Fish Diet they use on the ranch. Posters are making it sound as if you only eat broccoli and fish you will lose tons of weight. That is not all they eat on the ranch.

NBC finally has the before and after photos up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Can folks please get over the broccoli and fish comment that Sunny made. It is an example of two food groups not the Broccoli and Fish Diet they use on the ranch. Posters are making it sound as if you only eat broccoli and fish you will lose tons of weight. That is not all they eat on the ranch.
    When I wrote about the kind of food they eat at the ranch, such broccoli and fish, I meant the general category of "good food..." as compared to "bad food," such as cookies and fried chicken. I know they eat more than broccoli and fish. I saw Vinnie eating a sandwich once. I saw a bowl of apples on the table. I wrote about former winners eating ground turkey after they left the ranch, so they must have eaten ground turkey while at the ranch. I think that since Debbie is slowly losing weight, she must be eating at least some food such as cookies, pizza or fried chicken.

+ Reply to Thread