+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Marathon

FORT Fogey

Re: Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Well at least 1 1/2 hours will be Ramon repeating everything.
    How true!

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    In my opinion Ramón is not such a great catch anyway. Plus Jessica is not really pressured by the show to feign acceptance of the proposal, after all, they weren't that thrilled at the "match" anyway. It's not like "The Bachelor" where they have a contract to play happy and lovey-dovey for X amount of months before they officially call it quits.
    Does he even have a job besides playing video games all day long in his parents basement?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was a bit surprised that at the end Johnny who had been running with, o I forgot her name, Debbie? just ran on his own the last 3 meters. Why not ran together.They were saying they could not have done it with out each other. Oh well Maybe he had to from the producers to make a good camera shot

I have been cheering for John but I did not like how he acted at his house. Yes I can understand you want to win so she is doing everything to help him, like cooking and the laundry, but i could not help thinking she probably always does that. or maybe not, cause why else mentioning it? I am worried that after the final especially when he does not win, he'll get back to his old patterns. He appears to be the only one who has not scheduled his training around his daily business. So when he has to go back to work it will be harder for him. Still want him to win but I am a tad worried. Just how the show is editing him and making a hero out of Anton.

Anton should be on his knees. it is thanks to John that he is still there to begin with.

You would think Biggest Loser or NBC would post the marathon times either on the website or in a better format on the episode itself. I had to go back and use the pause button quiet a bit to get the times and not all were shown. Seriously, we want to know.

1. Ramon 27 - 5:05:41 - approx 11.7 minute per mile - won $25,000
    2. Courtney 24 - 5:09:07 - approx 11.8 minute per mile - won $10,000
    3. John 40 - 5:15:39 - approx 12.11 minute per mile - won $7,500
    4. Jessica 26 - 5:17:25 - approx 12.19 minute per mile - won $5,000
    5. Patrick 26 - 6:24:29 - approx 14.76 minute per mile - won $2,500
    6. Sunny 41 - 6:45:24 - approx 15.52 minute per mile
    7. Jennifer 39 - didn't show time
    8. Becky 51 - 7:15:27 - approx 16.73 minute per mile - * crossed finish line together
    8. Antone 44 - 7:15:27 - approx 16.72 minute per mile - * crossed finish line together
    10. Mike "Coach" 62 - didn't show time
    11. Johnny 65 - 10:4?:?? - blurred time
    12. Debbie 60 - 10:41:26 - approx 24.65 minute per mile

13. Bonnie 63 - did not participate due to having knee surgery in one week
    14. Vinny 27 - pulled to ankle injury
    15. Joe 45 - pulled at 20 mile marker due to knee and hip problems

Joe, Sunny, Becky and Antone all started together with the plan of running for 5 minutes and walking for 5 minutes. A run walk plan is a great strategy for beginner marathoners.

I did wonder why most did not wear a hat and no one wore sunglasses considering they were in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    I was a bit surprised that at the end Johnny who had been running with, o I forgot her name, Debbie? just ran on his own the last 3 meters. Why not ran together.They were saying they could not have done it with out each other. Oh well Maybe he had to from the producers to make a good camera shot

I have been cheering for John but I did not like how he acted at his house. Yes I can understand you want to win so she is doing everything to help him, like cooking and the laundry, but i could not help thinking she probably always does that. or maybe not, cause why else mentioning it? I am worried that after the final especially when he does not win, he'll get back to his old patterns. He appears to be the only one who has not scheduled his training around his daily business. So when he has to go back to work it will be harder for him. Still want him to win but I am a tad worried. Just how the show is editing him and making a hero out of Anton.

Anton should be on his knees. it is thanks to John that he is still there to begin with.
    I am wondering why if John's wife is doing all the cooking she has not lost any weight. I think John wanted her to, or is all the focus now on John, John, John.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Maybe he'll save a little for the blow out wedding....so they can start married life broke except for what she won.
    They won't have to pay for the wedding, Biggest Loser will and show it on tv so we can listen to Ramon for another 2 hours.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    They won't have to pay for the wedding, Biggest Loser will and show it on tv so we can listen to Ramon for another 2 hours.
    Please, no, no, no, this would be an unbearable punishment, this would be hell. Guess this does prove that reality TV producers are the devil's minions.

Thanks for the times, Bearcata. I missed the show but was interested in how they did. The top 4 times are very good for this group, exemplary in fact.

I agree that running splits is an excellent strategy, though I think that the run intervals must have been a lot shorter than 5 minutes at some point, or their times would have been better. However, they deserve congratulations for taking the challenge on. There have been BL marathons where previous contestants ran along...where was Olivia & Hannah?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I finally watched last night. So tired of Ramon...he can't win!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we'd get to vote in the third person. And I am with agreement that Ramon is into Jessica and she is not into him at all.

In one way I want Antone to win because I really think he is doing all this for the right reason...to change his life where I do think John will gain at least half back. But I want John to win b/c I want Dulvette back next season.

My husband must be spoiled as I do his laundry, my laundy, and my girls laundry (they have to put their own clothes away though) and I cook dinner every night (I get home at 4 so unless we want to eat a late late dinner I cook and I love to cook) except my late nights here at work or if I'm sick. I honestly wondered what the big deal was about mentioning John's wife doing it all for him. BUT he does need to learn balance as Dulvette said. I did what he is doing and I gained half my weight back. Now, I'm trying to balance it all. Not easy but it will benefit me in the long run.

The times for the first 5 finshers were good for a marathon. Really impressed. Like, bearcata, I wonder why no hats or sunglasses or the like. I wear hats when I run...helps keep sweat out of face. I'd like to see them run where I run...hills, hills, and more hills. BUT the scenery is much better than a flat desert.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here is the latest %'s in order as of this weeks weigh in:

John 445/267/-178/40%...he should reach at least 50% by the finale
    Antone 447/293/-154/34.45%....he may be able to catch John...he seemed to really pick it up the past few weigh in's
    Vinny 426/286/-140/32.86%....eliminated
    Becly 238/162/-76/31.93%....eliminated

Ramon started off at 355 and when he was eliminated was down to 268. That was 87lbs lost and a weight loss percentage of 24.51. I don't remember what he weighed when they showed his update. I'll see if I can go back and look. I found it...he weighed 245lbs on the 11/22 show update. So, that's 110lbs lost and 30.99% loss. Not sure when the updates are done in real time but he didn't look much different between it and the marathon. He is still pretty far behind John.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread