+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Marathon

Re: Marathon

Did anyone notice Vinny's black belly?? I know it sounds odd, but when he was working out with Bob (lifting weights or jumping I think), his shirt came up and his stomach was practically black (or dark grey)- it was very strange. I even backed up the DVR and paused it. It sort-of looked like when woman wear black pantyhose, but it looked like skin. I can't imagine what that was. Anyone else notice or have any idea?

A back support brace or Spanx
    ~Mary Esq

Brandon (21) Justin (7) (nope, not a typo)
    B needs positive thoughts and prayers for the MCAT
    J would like to have a pen pal

Either compression pants under his shorts or spanx.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

The show started out with the final four being greeted at local high schools. I quickly got bored and hit "mute." It took forty minutes before they got to the marathon, which is what I wanted to see. It would be more interesting if they left out all of the insights by the contestants, and just showed them running. What kind of job does Ramon have?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It's a bit sick, but I kind of hope John wins, so that Dolvett "wins" and gets to come back next season...and so Bob loses AGAIN, even though Jillian is gone.

Not much sign that John's wife has lost weight yet, even though she is cooking the healthy meals and all--as he was going to encourage her to do.

I think 25K for Ramon is plenty for a young guy to have---that'll get him started in life, but hopefully he won't squander it all. I also hope he isn't planning a big proposal at the finale...somehow I don't think his sweetie goes for that kind of thing, and if she says yes, it may be only because she feels trapped, and will quietly drop him a few months later. And he'll start eating again, and....
    I hope John wins for the same reason Pws. The cult of Bob scares me every year.

I also hope John wins because he's there playing the game. This show has always been two things... a means to change your life by losing weight and a major competition with a major prize. Historically, the two don't blend well and we end up with people there for different purposes. And, typically, there is a bit of self-righteousness by those who claim to be there to "change their lives" when other people actually play the game. John has stated his purpose. He's there to do both, with an emphasis on the game up to the finale. I find his lack of general bullsh*t to be very refreshing... he's there to compete and to win. That's a legitimate part of the show, so good for him.
    I also think Dolvett is the kind of guy that will keep tabs on John when all of it is over and help him keep on track. Dolvett did make some in-roads emotionally with John during the season, so I'm hoping that John (and his wife) can make the changes necessary to lose and keep the weight off after the competition part of this game is over.
    I guess I just like John, but then, there aren't a lot of people I find particularly unlikeable, so it's been a pretty decent season that way.

I was really impressed by Courtney getting second in the marathon. None of these people are shaped like marathoners yet, but that girl just kept truckin. She was born to compete.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 12-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

To the Point

There is something about John that I really like, but yet there is another part that I really don't like. It's really strange. That being said, I also think that Dolvett and Bob make a good point and I was shaking my head in agreement about the dangers of his gaining it all back when the show is over. The fact that his wife does not appear to be losing doesn't bode well either. Even if she isn't working out she should still be dropping some if they are sharing meals and the food is what it should be and portions are what they should be. I really hope this man keeps it off. The ONLY reason I would want him to beat Antone is to assure Dolvett a spot on next years show. I really like Dolvett (personality as well as looks).

I like Antone. There is just something about him that appeals to me. I am so happy to see him succeed. I know that his situation with the weight gain following his career is fairly common for pro players.

I thought it was great to see Dolvett and Anna go out and bring in their runners at the end. Either Bob did not do this or he was not shown. I think Bob has gotten to big for his britches. He could be feeling the sting of the success of Jillian.
    There's no place like home!

Seriously, they could have just done 90 minutes, I too wanted to just see the marathon and the weight in. 10 minutes of the life back home would have been enough not the first 35 minutes or so.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-07-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Does anyone besides Ramon seeing him winning this season? He has only lost 24% of his body weight while John has lost 40% and Antone 34%. I just don't see him catching up to the other two contestants.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Jenny is 6th Anton and Becky come in together 7 and 8... Coach is 10th... I missed one. Johnny 11, Debbie 12th, in the dark. Everyone who didn't get pulled finished.

Sunny must have been 9th.
    Sunny was 6th and her time was 6:45, then Jennifer, Becky and Antone together, Mike, and Johnny and Debbie together.

+ Reply to Thread