+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 11/29/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: Show Discussion 11/29/11 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The make overs were better this year and I attribute that to Jeannie Mai. Sunny's dress was ho hum but Becky looked very nice. Good hair cuts, as well.

I softened to John seeing him with his wife and learning they had been together since age 19. My problem with John is not about his game play, good for him. He has always seemed cold with an edge. Nice to see a softer side.

I don't understand why they all voted Sunny. Since I FF so much I will rely on someone to come by and explain. Isn't Antoine the bigger threat? John said so when he voted which goes against his strategy to date.

Bob came down very hard on Sunny about her 1 pound loss. It seemed that he knew she wasn't careful with her food or workouts and she did not defend herself. It did not appear to be a plateau. Maybe that is the reason she was voted off. Hard to tell from where I sit but to have her roomate vote her off says something. I don't know what though!
    I was actually shocked that Sunny was voted off because nothing indicated any bad feelings towards her or anything. But she was ahead in percentage loss over Antone so maybe that is why. Also, she does seem to loose big one week and small the next. She has done that since day 1. Maybe she resigned herself to not loosing much this week because that is her trend. But I agree that she didn't seem upset. Makes you wonder.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I went frame by frame and they clearly show who won the marathon. Odd they would even venture to show that footage, no matter how brief, given the ability everyone has with their DVR. They also show Ramon talking to the camera saying, I am going to be the biggest loser so doing a freeze frame isn't even necessary! No need for spoiler tags here since they aired it for all to see. It was blatant!

I would love to see either Becky or Antoine win. Since the number is now five with the marathon winner, we will see one of them go next week to maintain the traditional final 4. I do not want to see Ramon in the finals.
    Me too! I don't want Ramon in the finals and I don't want Vinny in the finals.
    captain likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here is the latest update:

John 445/296/-149/33.48%
    Antone 447/323/-124/27.74%
    Becky 238/172/-66/27.73%
    Sunny 277/201/-76/27.44%...because of her low weight loss this week she dropped big time in ranking.
    Vinny 426/314/-112/26.29%

John is killing it. Unless he really screws up at home he has won this.

Antone is actually only .01 ahead of Becky....So she has a chance to place second or win if John fumbles big time.

Vinny really screwed up by not giving it his all the first 5 weeks.

So it was 10 weeks at the ranch and how long at home? Normally the entire season films over a 6 month period and it takes a while to train for a marathon especially if you start out being 100 to 200 lbs overweight.

On the other hand I am glad this is not a 15 episode season, that is too much.

I too am rooting for Becky to win.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Sunny seemed a bit disconnected from the rest of the group. Not much, but just enough to put a small barrier in between her and many of the others. I'm not surprised they sent her home.

She looked great in the after photos! While I feel bad for people who get the boot so close to the end, I think it might be a good thing. They are fired up enough to continue on at home and stay in the game for 2nd place. Perhaps geing this way probably lays a good foundation for people to succeed long term.

I like each of the final 4 - including John. It would be nice to see Becky take it though. She's a person who seems to walk softly but carry a big stick - so maybe she can bring it home.

Yeah, Sunny seemed to have lost steam during the makeover week.

Want to point out...most of the contestants that go home at the end really put in hours and hours of working out at home to try to win the at-home prize. Sunny is only working out once a day. I like the fact that she is being realistic with her work out schedule. No one has the time to continue to put in hours a day in a work out and have a family and work full time and so on. I only have my lunch hour which is only about 40min of actually working out a day.

Now...if I was final four you bet I'd work out for hours...that's too close to the big prize.

I do wonder if Sunny is training for the marathon because she never mentioned it.

But at the point Sunny is, a clean diet and consistency in working out is what will ultimately help her. I would not be surprised if she is not doing a long run either on Saturday or Sunday.

I think what is such an advantage to the ones that stay at the ranch the longest is that they get a really good idea what their bodies really can do and they understand how important the intensity of the training is.

I agree with you bearcata. I think her losing as much as she has since leaving the ranch says she is eating right with only working out once a day.

At the end of the her "how does she look now" segment it said that she wants to loose 100lbs before the finale. But she has already lost 96lbs...so only 4 more lbs to go. Did I read that right? That would take her down to low 180's. I think she can loose more but maybe she is okay with where she is at now.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree with you bearcata. I think her losing as much as she has since leaving the ranch says she is eating right with only working out once a day.

At the end of the her "how does she look now" segment it said that she wants to loose 100lbs before the finale. But she has already lost 96lbs...so only 4 more lbs to go. Did I read that right? That would take her down to low 180's. I think she can loose more but maybe she is okay with where she is at now.
    She would be 177 if she lost that last 4 pounds. At 5' 8" she could go down to 140. She would need to weight in at 138.5 to have lost half her body weight. Sunny really has the potential to win this season either as the regular winner depending on the marathon or be the at home winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast