+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 11/1/11******Spoilers*******

Re: Show Discussion 11/1/11******Spoilers*******

There are 8 weeks left until December 27, 2011.

The Biggest Loser wiki for season 12 says it runs from Sept 20 - Dec 13 and that there are 16 episodes and we have seen 7 episodes and it is 15 weeks from Sept 20 to Dec 27 so I am wondering what the heck is going on. I guess I will have to wait and see.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I have been a tennis fan for years, and got to see Anna play, and I couldn't stand her.

This show has made me love her. She was right about Joe and Ramone, what babies.

And Jon, he needs therapy, that breakdown with Bob was unnecessary.

Wah Wah Wah!

Whoever didn't complain should win.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    This is very possible because there are different bodies and shapes, so height does not necessarily dictate the exact amount of muscle. There is a wide range of possible muscle weight, and, as I said, my muscle weight is off the charts. I had three different types of body composition tests, and they all gave similar results give or take. I usually have to weigh about 220, sometimes even a little extra, in order to be a size 16. In the past, I was totally out of shape for many years, which means that I had lost a lot of muscle, so much of my weight loss had to be muscle weight gain and fat loss. There are reasons for this, mostly an old injury that did not allow me to do anything for many years. I am pear-shaped but tend to "wear" my weight rather well, i.e. it is sort of evenly distributed, which doesn't mean of course that I am this thin creature, far from it actually. And yes, I agree with you I used to believe I was fat when I wasn't really.

On a different note, Jessica may be referring to her upper body size since she is pear-shaped, if I remember well.
    The other reason we are all reporting different sizes at the same weight probably has to do with when we weighed that. Sizes have been modified over the years (as has been said by many posters in earlier seasons). A size 10 at a regular dept. store (not Saks for example) used to fit someone who was 5'4" and weighed 120 or less. That's clearly not the case now.

And what size you buy depends on what cut you get. I can wear a size smaller in curvey fit pants. I am also a size smaller in my upper body. Also, after I lost my weight I was 140lbs at 5'7" and could wear a 6 in Target clothes but a 4 in Ann Taylor Loft clothes.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I honestly didn't mean that Bonnie should have stepped down, but what I meant was if she wants to stay, she had better start listening to her trainers. If you're not going to step up to the plate, give up your spot!
    JulieAnn likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The other reason we are all reporting different sizes at the same weight probably has to do with when we weighed that. Sizes have been modified over the years (as has been said by many posters in earlier seasons). A size 10 at a regular dept. store (not Saks for example) used to fit someone who was 5'4" and weighed 120 or less. That's clearly not the case now.
    And shapes of those sizes have changed also. When I was in design school, we had dress forms that were a couple of years old and dress forms that were 20+ years old. They were ALL a "standard size 8." The measurements were only different by 1 or 2 inches but the older dress forms had smaller waists but larger busts and hips than the newer dress forms. The shape of the older dress form was also curvier than the modern forms. Modern women are less "hourglass" than they used to be.

Here's something else to remember: Each manufacturer uses their own measurements to determine their "size 8." They have a fit model who conforms to those measurements. After they make their test garment, the model tries it on and the pattern for the garment is adjusted. The manufacturer then grades up and down for the various sizes using a formula. So...in essence, when we are trying on clothes, we are discovering how closely our bodies mimic the fit model. When they change their fit model, then everything in their sizing changes, too (even though they try to find a new model that is very similar to the previous model). And that is why our favorite manufacturer suddenly no longer looks good on us.

Another factoid: Most of the large vendors (e.g., Pennys, Gap/Old Navy, Macy's, etc.) will specify the sizing so that there is consistency across all of the garments they sell. But there will still be subtle variations in the sizing.

And that is one of the primary reasons I prefer to make my own clothes (and the fact that I hate the current fashion trends).

That is great to know JulieAnn!!! No wonder Stacey & Clinton stresses the importance of alterations and noting stressing over sizes! They mean nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!!
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    I have been a tennis fan for years, and got to see Anna play, and I couldn't stand her.

This show has made me love her. She was right about Joe and Ramone, what babies.

And Jon, he needs therapy, that breakdown with Bob was unnecessary.

Wah Wah Wah!

Whoever didn't complain should win.

Then it would be a very bloody show with all those burst blood vessels from trying not to whine and complain.
    captain, Allie, JulieAnn and 1 others like this.

I'm sorry that Jessica had to go......

Wasn't it a bit insulting to Oliver to see Tim give Anthony Ryan a Timmy/Gunny for the birdseed dress? Not that I don't think the award was well deserved.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast