+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 11/1/11******Spoilers*******

Re: Show Discussion 11/1/11******Spoilers*******

It sounds like I missed an interesting episode for a change. Thank you all for the superb updates.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Bonnie has helped make the season interesting. At the beginning of this episode, they had contestants try to figure out how many calories were in their favorite foods. They had the actual meals on tables. The pepperoni pizza looked good! The contestants whose guesses about the total number of calories that were the closest to the real number of calories in the food, got first choice at who their new trainers would be. I still would like to know what the contestants are eating now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree Shoepie....Ramon and Jessica will not last. I wouldn't be surprised if she has already started "looking" or "dating" while he is at ranch. He has never been in a relationship which tells me he really doesn't know what he wants in a relationship and he is very immature. He has a lot of growing up to do. She is beautiful and once she is down to her goal weight I bet things will change. I don't think she is really ready for a long term relationship after the last one she was in.

I do think they made the smart move in voting out Jessica instead of Bonnie even though I'm so ready for Bonnie to leave. For some reason I think she is very manipulative and is playing the others. Ramon next week isn't happy but he needs to realize it is a game and he needs to do this for himself and motivate himself instead of depending on others to motivate him. There isn't always going to be someone around to motivate and encourage you so you have to do it on your own. Might as well learn that now!!!
    I didn't know Ramon had never been in a relationship. Oh my. I don't know about Jessica's past but from just seeing them and hearing about Ramon and his dad having a contest about who could eat the most tacos, I would say they are worlds apart.

I like the way this is going now in regard to voting off the biggest threat. That has always made sense to me rather than the drivel of who needs to be here more and who can make it on their own better. They may really vote the threats and conceal it in that cliched speech sometimes, hard to tell. This is a competition so put that on the table and everyone fight for themselves. Friends shake hands and say I will see you on the outside, I am going for the win.

To the Point

Not sure I should admit this, but I found myself liking every post that was negative regarding Bonnie, and if there was a dislike button I'd have probably hit that for any post that even sounded remotely positive regarding her. I told my DH that I sincerely hope that I am never as spiteful, mean and nasty as she appears, but perhaps my actions say otherwise.
    captain and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

And what is up with BOB? .... For many many seasons he's been all about "I know it's a game.. but it's more than a game it is your life ... and losing is winning......" and last night it was all about THE WINNING STREAK...
    Wasting away another summer...

Things I have learned this season:

I never thought I liked buff, muscular men... suddenly Dolvett appeared on my screen and life has not been the same since. I have a serious, serious crush. I love this man's training style, his heart, his devotion to his team, and his overall attitude. I've always liked Bob and I liked Jillian when she wasn't foaming at the mouth, but in my personal opinion no other trainer has touched me like this guy has in all the years I've watched this show.

Ramon is in for a very hard fall... I almost look at this romance as akin to The Bachelor. When you're in a bubble away from everyday life it's easy to think you know someone. You don't see them leave hair in the sink, be constantly late for every little thing, seen the whiny baby come out when they are sick, and for pete's sake can you please put the new toilet paper roll on the spindle when you use the last of the old one?? He and Jessica were both very vulnerable at that point in their journey, and the newfound confidence they both will gain with their continued weight loss will have a huge impact on this relationship. I will always hope for the best, but I have a feeling it won't last.

Men can be bigger weenies than women. What is with the heartwrenching sobs coming from the men this season?? When John first saw Bob in the gym and threw himself into his arms I seriously expected to have to turn my head for a minute if it got too hot. With Ramon coming off like a 7th grade girl giving Anna the silent treatment and Joe getting his panties in a fluff over the change in trainers, not to mention Antone's meltdown about not having his workout buddies next to him even though he still had Bob...........seriously??

I can't always respect my elders. I wanted to like Bonnie. Seriously did. Tried to like Bonnie. Just. Don't. Like. Bonnie. She is the first older contestant that I've seen on the show that has not stepped down to let the younger people succeed. Sure I know that's not expected and she should be in it for herself, but when she doesn't seem to put forth the effort when the trainers tell her what to do, what good is keeping her there? "I am proud of myself! I need to be here! I am changing my life! What do you mean you want me to run up this hill or lift that weight, I'm old! I can't do the same as everyone else!"

I finally like Anna. It took the sit down talk she had with her new team before I started to like her. For her to tell those people that they were trading one addiction for another going from food to trainer made a great deal of sense, and you could seriously see light bulbs go on over their heads. I think she secretly wanted to kick their butts after that just to show them she wasn't just Trainer Barbie on TBL for one season for exposure.

I don't have a favorite to win. For the first time, not one halo has shined over a contestant's head. I'm not sure if it's the fact that each of them is grating on my nerves for one reason or another, or if I'm just not connected to one over the other yet. So far my only real connection has been to Dolvett. Big, shiny, glowing halo there.

Cookie
    Last edited by CookieJ; 11-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    CrazyDutchWoman and mandmmom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    Things I have learned this season:

I never thought I liked buff, muscular men... suddenly Dolvett appeared on my screen and life has not been the same since. I have a serious, serious crush. I love this man's training style, his heart, his devotion to his team, and his overall attitude. I've always liked Bob and I liked Jillian when she wasn't foaming at the mouth, but in my personal opinion no other trainer has touched me like this guy has in all the years I've watched this show.

Ramon is in for a very hard fall... I almost look at this romance as akin to The Bachelor. When you're in a bubble away from everyday life it's easy to think you know someone. You don't see them leave hair in the sink, be constantly late for every little thing, seen the whiny baby come out when they are sick, and for pete's sake can you please put the new toilet paper roll on the spindle when you use the last of the old one?? He and Jessica were both very vulnerable at that point in their journey, and the newfound confidence they both will gain with their continued weight loss will have a huge impact on this relationship. I will always hope for the best, but I have a feeling it won't last.

Men can be bigger weenies than women. What is with the heartwrenching sobs coming from the men this season?? When John first saw Bob in the gym and threw himself into his arms I seriously expected to have to turn my head for a minute if it got too hot. With Ramon coming off like a 7th grade girl giving Anna the silent treatment and Joe getting his panties in a fluff over the change in trainers, not to mention Antone's meltdown about not having his workout buddies next to him even though he still had Bob...........seriously??

I can't always respect my elders. I wanted to like Bonnie. Seriously did. Tried to like Bonnie. Just. Don't. Like. Bonnie. She is the first older contestant that I've seen on the show that has not stepped down to let the younger people succeed. Sure I know that's not expected and she should be in it for herself, but when she doesn't seem to put forth the effort when the trainers tell her what to do, what good is keeping her there? "I am proud of myself! I need to be here! I am changing my life! What do you mean you want me to run up this hill or lift that weight, I'm old! I can't do the same as everyone else!"

I finally like Anna. It took the sit down talk she had with her new team before I started to like her. For her to tell those people that they were trading one addiction for another going from food to trainer made a great deal of sense, and you could seriously see light bulbs go on over their heads. I think she secretly wanted to kick their butts after that just to show them she wasn't just Trainer Barbie on TBL for one season for exposure.

I don't have a favorite to win. For the first time, not one halo has shined over a contestant's head. I'm not sure if it's the fact that each of them is grating on my nerves for one reason or another, or if I'm just not connected to one over the other yet. So far my only real connection has been to Dolvett. Big, shiny, glowing halo there.

Cookie
    Isn't that what people accused Helen of doing because she stayed and her daughter went home? Helen is the one that wanted to be on the show not her daughter but she was crucified in the posts because she should have self sacrificed for her kid. I'm sorry but no. There is a certain point your kids need to stand up for them selves else they will fail as adults, as human beings. These people are not related and I don't see why the older contestants should sacrifice for the younger ones and be publicly vilified for it. Go Grey Power.

OTH: as an individual Bonnie may be unlikable but she deserves to be there as much as any of the others and she is managing to stay. Still she does need an attitude transplant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Isn't that what people accused Helen of doing because she stayed and her daughter went home? Helen is the one that wanted to be on the show not her daughter but she was crucified in the posts because she should have self sacrificed for her kid. I'm sorry but no. There is a certain point your kids need to stand up for them selves else they will fail as adults, as human beings. These people are not related and I don't see why the older contestants should sacrifice for the younger ones and be publicly vilified for it. Go Grey Power. OTH: as an individual Bonnie may be unlikable but she deserves to be there as much as any of the others and she is managing to stay. Still she does need an attitude transplant.
    I agree with Bearcata, there's no reason that Bonnie should "step aside" for Jessica.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree--Bonnie isn't even related to these people. But it would be a lot easier to root for Bonnie if she were more like Helen in terms of getting the job done. There have been people like Ron with serious leg issues who still managed to lose the weight, and not whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was 185 all through high school and am tall (5'9") and I couldn't squeeze into anything smaller than a 16. I remember once I found a pair of pants that were mismarked "6" instead of "16" and I bought them just because they said size 6. I thought I was fat back then, but I look back now (50lbs and 22 years later) and WISH I was 185!
    This is very possible because there are different bodies and shapes, so height does not necessarily dictate the exact amount of muscle. There is a wide range of possible muscle weight, and, as I said, my muscle weight is off the charts. I had three different types of body composition tests, and they all gave similar results give or take. I usually have to weigh about 220, sometimes even a little extra, in order to be a size 16. In the past, I was totally out of shape for many years, which means that I had lost a lot of muscle, so much of my weight loss had to be muscle weight gain and fat loss. There are reasons for this, mostly an old injury that did not allow me to do anything for many years. I am pear-shaped but tend to "wear" my weight rather well, i.e. it is sort of evenly distributed, which doesn't mean of course that I am this thin creature, far from it actually. And yes, I agree with you I used to believe I was fat when I wasn't really.

On a different note, Jessica may be referring to her upper body size since she is pear-shaped, if I remember well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast