+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Show Discussi9on - 10/25/11 - ****spoilers****

Re: Show Discussi9on - 10/25/11 - ****spoilers****

Bonnie drives me crazy. You shouldn't use your age as a crutch and her pouty face makes me hope I don't look like her as a granny. I think all but Antone and John did poorly this week and as was stated above you can't blame the showmance for that.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Since they are weighed backstage and the scale we see on TV is just a big ole fake prop, I have always wondered if the producers ever mess with the numbers for drama. Maybe Sunny only lost 9 lbs last week, but for drama's sake they threw a 14 up there to lots of oohs and ahhs, now this week they have to adjust it to her real weight loss and show she gained 5lbs. Probably not, but I always wondered. It is hard to gain 5lbs in one week in the normal world of eating junk daily- I can't imagine gaining 5lbs while eating no fat and working out 24/7.
    JulieAnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Since they are weighed backstage and the scale we see on TV is just a big ole fake prop, I have always wondered if the producers ever mess with the numbers for drama. Maybe Sunny only lost 9 lbs last week, but for drama's sake they threw a 14 up there to lots of oohs and ahhs, now this week they have to adjust it to her real weight loss and show she gained 5lbs. Probably not, but I always wondered. It is hard to gain 5lbs in one week in the normal world of eating junk daily- I can't imagine gaining 5lbs while eating no fat and working out 24/7.
    If the producers did that that would be a huge scandal because they would be lying about results that could effect the vote offs and which team loses and wins. It would kill the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree Bearcata but I have wondered if it happens. I'm still wondering how Sunny gained 5lbs this week. Did she fill up on water to screw the weigh in? Why would she do that? Just all seems weird. I had a feeling that they wouldn't loose the required weight. Just by how the episode was edited so heavily against Jennifer made me wonder if they weren't trying to show us why she was voted off.

I'm still dumbfounded as to why Vinny, Ramon, and Antone don't loose a lot more weight each week. John is killing it on the scale and yet he isn't bigger than the others.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Ramon's beard bugs me. Why is there no hair on his chin but a beard under it?
    I wish they had shown us more re Jennifer's problems with the other people in the house. The level of dislike just seemed a bit weird. And I swear she repeated after Dolvett at least once and, if she didn't, what's it to Vinnie? Anyhow, she's looking great now. Though it is weird the same dress is in the shop three years later. What, they don't have stock turnover?
    I believe the same thing about the dress!~!!

FORT Fogey

I would appreciate it if people didn't post spoilers in show discussion threads. Or maybe put the word "spoiler," then leave a lot of space so that people can move on to the next post without seeing any spoilers. Some contestants prefer Bob because they're familiar with him. If Anna had been a trainer on the show for years, contestants might prefer her. After having Bob as a trainer, Bonnie only lost one pound: is Bob that good of a trainer? Instead of talking about her weight loss, Jen was obsessing about Bob. Also, maybe it was a producer's idea to play a trick on Bob by telling him that everyone ate the candy. What was John's story? My TV briefly wasn't working while John was telling his story. Vinny's statement didn't make any sense... that if only he got bigger, no one would abuse or neglect him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I would appreciate it if people didn't post spoilers in show discussion threads. Or maybe put the word "spoiler," then leave a lot of space so that people can move on to the next post without seeing any spoilers.
    ??? Clarification, please. You mean like in THIS thread? Because the title has the word spoilers in it to warn people that if they don't want to know what happened in the episode before they watch it, they shouldn't read it.

Maybe Sunny was about to come on her period so she gained a whack of water weight. We'll see if she has a loss next week. My husband is pretty annoying when I watch the show and makes lots of "oooh someone just had a big poop" comments when the weights are so out of sync. This week made little sense to me as far as the differences between contestants.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I remember when season Danny won, he asked one of the previous season winners how he did it and the answer was stick to the diet. Some of the other contestants who were bigger guys cheated alot on their diets because with the workouts they were doing they were still losing tons of weight so they figured they could eat want they wanted and still lose. I think that is what is happened. A lot of these bigger guys are seeing amazing results with the workouts so they figure they can slack on the diet but it catches up to you eventually.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I remember when season Danny won, he asked one of the previous season winners how he did it and the answer was stick to the diet. Some of the other contestants who were bigger guys cheated alot on their diets because with the workouts they were doing they were still losing tons of weight so they figured they could eat want they wanted and still lose. I think that is what is happened. A lot of these bigger guys are seeing amazing results with the workouts so they figure they can slack on the diet but it catches up to you eventually.
    Good point. Weight loss and a healthy lifestyle is about 80% diet and 20% or less is exercise. John is probably sticking to the diet better than the others. His motivation maybe more money and the others more of a lifestyle change. Who knows at this point.

Next weeks previews looked good. I wonder how Bonnie will handle it all. I know Jennifer wouldn't have had an easy transition.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast